• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is MBTI a Cult?

Mole

Permabanned
Also, Victor seems to have a habit of avoiding arguments and spouting off almost relevant subjective expressions. It is important to note, that, should you be attempting to convince anyone of the legitimacy of your views, actual illustration and logical arguments are required. We cannot peek inside of your head to determine the data you have absorbed that leads you to your conclusions.

I do understand that the rhetorical device here is argumentation.

It is particularly inappropriate as this is not a peer review journal, nor a Court of Law or even Parliament.

Argumentation is used because is the cheapest and easiest device to hand.

But make no mistake - argumentation is simply rhetoric, or as you might call it - spin.

There are many rhetorical devices, some far more suitable than a constant diet of argumentation.

If rhetoric were diet, we would have vitamin deficiency.

But at a deeper level, argumentation is an obvious psychological defence.

And because it is used so naturally by all here, I can only assume you all belong to the same psycho-class.

But that is another question, answered by Lloyd Demause.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
I'm as much a MBTI critic as anyone, but I am afraid to voice my dissent in any reasonable fashion. It's not as if this place has the intellectual freedom of academia....which is run in a FEUDAL manner, no less.

But I suppose I'm just paranoid....

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
then which forms of schizophrenia are gifts, and which are correctly identified as madness?

Do you see yellow dogs barking at the choir?

Mole

Permabanned
then which forms of schizophrenia are gifts, and which are correctly identified as madness?

Do you see yellow dogs barking at the choir?

For about two years I belonged to an R.D.Laing group which visited the Psych Unit of Little Bay Hospital in Sydney.

Most of the patients were schizophrenic and I became comfortable with those suffering schizophrenia.

It seemed to me that their thoughts were out of touch with reality while their emotions remained in touch with reality. So I took their thoughts with a grain of salt and listened to their emotions.

This was all very important to me and I still remember our emotional contact.

So, at least emotionally, R.D.Laing was right. But I also felt he was a lovable person.

nozflubber

MBTI Type
Hype
Hehe... truth be told, I'd be more comfortable around a schizphrenic than most people who voted in this past election.

You gotta realize schizphrenia is a "BLANKET" diagnosis, and many great minds get swappred up.....

Nash? Calling Dr. Nash!

MBTI Type
INxJ
Yes, and No.

I don't find it entirely valid or endlessly consistent. Yet, I think some parts of MBTI are interesting enough to consider.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's a kind of a low level cult, virulent with benign symptoms. It's like an inoculation against phlebotomy and typing by skin color, and raises the threshold for wanna-be cult leaders, which can make them pretty jealous sometimes. Eh-hem.

Yes and I am it’s ultra supreme grand high priest. By the power of Jung, I banish thee Mole. Your pseudo psycho babble holds no power here. I cast thee back into the void of Freud! Begone!

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes and I am it’s ultra supreme grand high priest. By the power of Jung, I banish thee Mole. Your pseudo psycho babble holds now power here. I cast thee back into the void of Freud! Begone!

Lost it :rotfl:

Permabanned

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Yes we eat each others livers while chanting words of jung it's a whole ritual. Only the chosen get to participate but once you eat human liver you dont want to go back to not eating. So you start killing random people you feel bad but its the only way to fullfill your craving for human liver.