• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is money the root of all evil?

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
It's sort of like the lord of the rings, the ring itself isn't the root , it's that access to money gives you access to power and most people become corrupt when given access to to much power.

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
The Bible verse is actually partly 'the love of money is the root of all evil'. I think that's much more accurate.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's sort of like the lord of the rings, the ring itself isn't the root , it's that access to money gives you access to power and most people become corrupt when given access to to much power.
I believe money provides freedom unless you spend more than you have. Debt might be the root of all evil but then again with mortgage rates at 2 percent, you almost can't afford not to take out a loan.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I believe money provides freedom unless you spend more than you have. Debt might be the root of all evil but then again with mortgage rates at 2 percent, you almost can't afford not to take out a loan.

I believe money provides freedom to those who have access to it and can be disciplined. But Majority of people are undisciplined and really money is just a vehicle used to get them to another location, fame, power, ultra access, status..

Mole

Permabanned
The Mercantile aim is to own the Reserve Currency of the World.

A short time ago the USA took us off Gold as our Reserve Currency, and replaced it with the US dollar. So the US dollar is not backed by gold, but by the price of oil paid for in US dollars.

The Reserve Bank of China has said it wishes to replace the US dollar with the Chinese Renminbi as the Reserve Currency of the World.

This is a serious conflict, serious enough to go to war.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
We agree we need money and resources to survive. But, what do you think about the idea of money being the root of all evil?

My personal thoughts: It isn't a sin to be rich if it's genuinely earned, and there are times when money can reflect genuine value creation in business or other spheres. But, it's when we turn our fixations in life from the things that give us a more holistic sense of purpose and focus exclusively on the material that negative results come about. I wager this is the line of thinking most people have when they say or hear "Money is the root of all evil", but what do you guys think?

“What contributes to the greatest misery on the planet?

1. Ignorance
2. Blind Spots
3. Cognitive Distortions
4. Emotional Reasoning
5. Blaming others and life for our emotions and not taking responsibility for our thoughts, feelings and actions
6. Projection
7. Rationalization
8. Denial
9. Illusions: Sex, fame, power, wealth, beauty, and violence when pursued obsessively.

According to science free will is an illusion. It has been determined that before a person makes a conscious choice, decision or action it has already been determined at the unconscious level.

This doesn’t add up. If there is no true will in that our decisions are made due to Nature -Nurture dynamics, then why is evil allowed to exist?

Western monotheistic religions purport that God allows the devil because of free will and he is testing us. This concept was established in the Bronze Age era before it was ever documented in religious texts.

I don’t believe in the devil. To me the devil is a projection of our selves. I don’t blame the devil for mankind’s misfortunes. Instead I believe most of human misery is due to ignorance. Ignorance of the unconscious.

Until we make the unconscious conscious we will continue to live in a backward world blaming existential creatures that don’t exist. We will never take responsibility for our own happiness, salvation and the responsibility to make this a better world.

The perpetrators of human misery are (1) ignorance, (2) blind spots especially of the unconscious, (3) cognitive distortions on the unconscious level of which (4). Emotional Reasoning,

(5) 5. Blaming others and life for our emotions and not taking responsibility for our thoughts, feelings and actions

(6) projection of one’s own unresolved issues, unconscious conflicts, emotional baggage and unhealed aspects in the form of one’s own psychic wounds.

These projections of one’s unhealed soul are pollution for mankind. People blame others and reality for their own distortions in the human thought process.

What is more nefarious they do so blindly, unaware and don’t take responsibility to address their own issues before spewing their own issues unto others as pollution stemming from their own souls unto others and reality.

We will never grow up. “Until we make the unconscious conscious we will never evolve.” Carl Jung

Until we take responsibility for our own thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and actions we can continue to use as a cop out Satan and ascribe to him all the misery of mankind. It is we who are the spreaders of misery, evil and ignorance.

Other contenders for adding human misery are (7) Rationalization and (8) Denial where we do things in the name of love and rationalize our own behavior all because we don’t have insight into ourselves.

(9) 9. Illusions: Sex, fame, power, wealth, beauty, and violence when pursued obsessively.” LightSun