User Tag List

123 Last

Default What emotion is the most foreign to you?

Is there something you never really tend to feel? Maybe you hear others do, but you find that you just don't relate much?

For me it's probably shame and envy mostly.
    EDIT: Pride is mostly foreign to me as well, but less so than the other two I mentioned.
    Interesting to me because this likely ties in with why it's so easy for me to openly be myself.
    When life gives you flames, forge a sword and purify yourself like gold.

"People don't get what they deserve. They just get what they get. There's nothing any of us can do about it." Dr. Gregory House

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.” — Arthur Conan Doyle

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

Certain kinds of anger or envy. I can't say I never feel either, but there are subcategories of both that escape me.

When I hear that people get depressed on social media because other people post vacations, weddings, graduations, etc., I have no idea what that feeling is because I like social media to know people are happy and okay. I can feel envy towards attractive young pictures sometimes, but not too bad. I often still 'like' them and such. I'm very critical of my own looks so it doesn't take much to get me down, and I feel like I missed out on being appreciated when young, so I have a bunch of personal issues with that, but I don't have vacation issues or life success event issues.

I also don't get angry over honest mistakes like people being late, forgetting, being confused, breaking something by accident, whatever. I don't expect other people to be structured.
    Likes Aerix liked this post

I dont think any emotional state is foreign to me, I'm probably older than much of the forum and that could have something to do with it too.

I'm not that emotional, like I do not experience mood swings or overwhelm much of the time, some crisis situations actually underwhelm me or leave me feeling indifferent. I'm not inclined to put any kind of label upon this, other than maybe preferring thinking states to feeling states, but people I've disagreed with in the past have seen fit to describe it as dissociating, I think that's remarkably strong but then there you go.

I do like to feel deeply about things, the same as anyone else, I would not consider predominant thinking traits to be something that should be confused with flat affect or issues like that.

Amethyst's Queen ♚ Saturnal Snowqueen's Avatar
    Enneagram
    496 sp/so
    Socionics
    SEI Si

Not really...I can easily feel disgust, jealousy, rage, excitement and love in a 5 minute time span. I think the closest thing is true annoyance? Like yes I get annoyed at people talking loud or standing in my way, but it's hard for me to get really annoyed at say, someone's incompetence when I'm going out. I mean I'll probably be a little annoyed or disappointed, but like I see people in the ranting in the rant thread all the time while I don't know what to rant about. Whenever I am feeling rant-y, I'm more feeling dramatic than super annoyed. Gives me something to talk about.
    I'm a mad Pac-Man
    Livin' in a leveled world
    •••••

•••
    Likes Powehi, Aerix, MovinOut liked this post

Pride.
    Likes The Cat liked this post

Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

Trust.
    Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals.

Oh, we're always all right. You remember that. We happen to other people.

And I see fire, hollowing souls
    And I see fire, blood in the breeze
    And I hope that you'll remember me...

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Jealousy and loneliness. When I see people doing things I want to do or have things I want I get inspired. Any small tinge of jealousy I've felt has been overshadowed by other things like feeling inspired and the enjoyment of seeing someone succeed. I don't really understand people who backstab or get hostile towards the object of their jealousy. That's pathetic and stupid to me. Set some goals and move forward. Jealousy is such a pointless emotion to me and so easy to rationalize away.
    Loneliness is very foreign to me. I have trouble trying to remember feeling it or imagine feeling it. I am very much in my own world and have always neglected the social part of life. Sometimes I imagine myself in the future on an Earth where all living things besides me have died. This scene stirs up no fear of loneliness.
    Likes Aerix liked this post

MBTI
    INTP

Pity. Always found it rather presumptuous and condescending.
    Likes Aerix, Black Sun liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Love, because it happened so infrequently growing up that I began to dread it ever happening. Often times get it confused with other emotions due to what love I was being exposed to being twisted. I can't really tell the difference between kinds of love, or the depth. I just know it is a feeling I get once in a while, and I have no idea what to do with it. Then often times, only really becoming aware of how much after the thing I loved is gone. It also tends to remind me of the worst emotion that I feel, and that is loneliness (imo).
    Likes RadicalDoubt liked this post

MBTI
    entj

Anger or rage. I understand people too much to ever be angry with them.
    A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Churchill | Imena, my site | other one