• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What emotion is the most foreign to you?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think hate/revenge is one I don't really get. In fact it's to a degree that at my age, it's only recently I've begun experience some intense negative feelings along these lines (more at broad cultural figures in our current day and age), feeling pleasurable schadenfreude when I see them suffering because of the awful things they have done and/or feeling burning white-hot anger inside myself for the destruction they have wreaked that we will never recover from. I am reminded of that line from Braveheart when the elder diseased Bruce is speaking to his son Robert -- "Now you know what it is to hate. Now you are ready to be king." Well, I feel like I have been realizing lately what it is like to hate, after all these years. But I don't like it, and I have avoided it for so long.

Typically on a personal level in my life, I can see a lot of sides of a situation, I tend to be forgiving and wanting to give people multiple chances, and I would bear a lot on my own shoulders to give people freedom to try again, which is the opposite of revenge... even after they've wronged me repeatedly. (At most, I would detach, but I don't care to actively seek to hurt someone.)

Another I don't experience much is envy. I typically redirect it back at myself as frustration -- "Why can't I succeed at what I am doing? Or why can't I get that / earn that / achieve that?" It's not really aimed at the other person. In general, especially someone else gets a fortunate break or has worked really hard for something, I'm happy to see them succeed and have things I don't.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What about if someone's doing something in an inefficient way which inconveniences you? For example, if someone purchased a tall item at the store, and on their way out they hold up you and an entire line of people trying to get out the door because they can't figure out how to get it out the door while to you it's very obvious how?

That might irk me a bit more, like dudeeee it's so obvious! Plus I'd want to get away from the huge line of people...still, I'd try to remain patient and see how the scenario plays out. I might get a kick out of everyone else's reactions, or anticipate how that person will finally get the object through the door...

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't conceive of an emotion that is foreign to me, because if I did, it wouldn't be foreign to me anymore. As far as emotions that I rarely experience go, happiness jumps to mind as a good contender for the top spot. The only time I really feel outright happy is when something amuses me, and while that happens on a near daily basis, the amusement is always extremely short-lived. Is this a bad thing? Not entirely. That I am unhappy under the present circumstances at least shows that I haven't got a particular kind of bad taste.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I am not 100% sure but it is one of the "drama queen" ones. Those all look the same to me in the end.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Doesn't even count as an emotion probably, but felt like saying this anyway. Malevolence. Maliciousness. I never had it in me to set out to hurt anybody like that...but when I've had enough of it from others...everyone knows it.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Genuine true satisfaction

As of now I have never truly been satisfied. There is always something missing.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nostalgia; don't get me wrong, it can be fun to reflect on fun times but I just can't see myself getting extensively swept up in the longing for "simpler times". Particularly when I know my younger self was ignorant and not cognizant of things that made life more complicated or enriching.

Also, revenge. If someone wrongs me personally, my instinct is to not want to see them again, not mess up their life. I just try to find more positive ways to vent my anger at the person or in general and move on.

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nostalgia/sentiment. I don't naturally find myself connecting to things deeply, so it always strikes me as odd/confusing when other people do. Not that the past was awful or anything, I just very much live in the future and everything behind me becomes irrelevant to some degree. I've always been pretty apathetic, "take it then leave it" sort of person so it's sort of difficult to even conceptualize what these emotions even mean/feel like.

Also as a weird one (dunno if this counts even) is "at one" with something or "in the flow." Some people seem to feel a deep connectivity with things or people or culture or interests or with themselves and I find that conceptually fascinating. I think I maybe felt it once in a band setting and that might have just been a moment of mindfulness, but (not to be sx blind on main) I'm pretty walled and barred from most things.

Honorable mentions include vengeance, lust/horniness, and "true pride." Envy used to take top spot, but due to recent years I can no longer say such.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was going to say satisfaction, but that's lame now since someone just said it a few posts up.

Another one I haven't experienced is contentment. Which is basically the same thing, but whatever. I can't imagine what it would be like to fully be at ease with oneself and one's life. I can't imagine accepting things the way they are, and accepting myself the way I am.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Camarederie? I've always felt uncomfortable when I sense that feeling creeping in lol. I guess I just haven't found a place I feel like I belong. So also belongingness? I always feel like I have to be somewhere else.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Envy.
My mother admitted she was envious when my cousins that are younger than I and my sister have already married couple of years ago. She wanted I and my sister to get married soon also. My mother even argued that I MUST feel envy so that I can move and take action.
The other day,I told my aunty that I do not feel envy.
My aunty replied Really? You don't feel envy? (she seemed feel amazed)
Then she continued How come? Aunty feels it.
Aunty said that "Envy is not always bad. It could be good also."
She told me the story when her friend was able to read the Koran book in her childhood, She ask her mother money to study also. Then, She becomes able to read the Koran book.
She further argued that Hadn’t she felt envy, she wouldn't have asked money to my grandmother to study quran reading. She said that: “You would not commit sin with that.”
The former brokerage principal (I type ENFJ) also asked whether we (his associates) didn't feel envy with the other brokerage office located near to our office that performed better in sales achievement than his. He often motivated or provoked that their associates often travel to overseas because of the achievement, comparing to his associates who weren't able to do so.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Frenzied excitement. When I was a kid and watched old footage of Beatlemania and saw all the clips of hysterical fans losing complete control of their emotions, it just struck me as insane. I didn't understand it then. Now I do. They merely and temporarily lost control of their mind.

Mole

Permabanned
Denial in North Korea

Denial is foreign to me. Denial makes possible for a fat man to starve an entire nation to such a degree that even his elite soldiers are six inches shorter than the soldiers of South Korea.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nostalgia; don't get me wrong, it can be fun to reflect on fun times but I just can't see myself getting extensively swept up in the longing for "simpler times". Particularly when I know my younger self was ignorant and not cognizant of things that made life more complicated or enriching.

I take this back, music has got me on a big nostalgia trip as of recently. Still don't get really get revenge, though.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I don’t understand envy a whole bunch. To me, what others claim “envy” to be, is not having what you think you want, but too lazy to actually work to obtain it, and not self-aware enough to realize how that laziness impedes on your success or that it even exists.

If I’m ever “envious” in its most commonly accepted terms, it’s extremely short lived because I set into motion the drive to achieve such desired results. As soon as the motion is in place, that initial envy transforms into motivation.

So...I guess I can say my initial response is partially false and that I do experience envy, but that it’s such a short blip of time that I feel it, before that emotional state turns into “drive” that I am not too familiar with it, or, that the prolonged state of envy which others might feel, is deeply foreign to me.

dunce

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Very few are foreign to me. I know them all. The ones that are foreign to me I still haven't met.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I saw this thread, forgot about it, came back, thought, and thought, and here's where I ended up:
Confident: I see these people who are SO FUCKING SURE of themselves, their beliefs, their ideas and I wonder how that feels. And how to obtain said feeling. Everything I do has an air of "omfg what if I fucked up big time." I have no confidence in myself or my ideas.

Relaxed: I have anxiety and relaxation has always been extremely foreign to me. While most people are calm or relaxed I'm going 500 mph and don't know how to slow down.

Indifferent: I have a very passionate range of emotions and if I seem indifferent, it is because I'm biting my tongue to keep sociable relationships going to a minimum.

Accepted: I don't know if I've ever really felt like anyone really accepts me as I am. I always desire acceptance and love but I don't think most people once they really know me, will want me around or care to keep me in their lives.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Confident: I see these people who are SO FUCKING SURE of themselves, their beliefs, their ideas and I wonder how that feels. And how to obtain said feeling. Everything I do has an air of "omfg what if I fucked up big time." I have no confidence in myself or my ideas.
1d108db41f4179082cccbc1e827579d0.jpg

carlin-question-everything.jpg

Klaus V.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably nostalgia. It's also very rare for me to feel envy, and I never feel the desire to see others fail just because they have accomplished something I haven't.