• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What emotion is the most foreign to you?

Klaus V.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I honestly don't understand it even, why not want for both to have it?

It probably comes from a sense of vindictiveness and entitlement, 'wanting to make things fair'.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I saw this thread, forgot about it, came back, thought, and thought, and here's where I ended up:
Confident: I see these people who are SO FUCKING SURE of themselves, their beliefs, their ideas and I wonder how that feels. And how to obtain said feeling. Everything I do has an air of "omfg what if I fucked up big time." I have no confidence in myself or my ideas.

Relaxed: I have anxiety and relaxation has always been extremely foreign to me. While most people are calm or relaxed I'm going 500 mph and don't know how to slow down.

Indifferent: I have a very passionate range of emotions and if I seem indifferent, it is because I'm biting my tongue to keep sociable relationships going to a minimum.

Accepted: I don't know if I've ever really felt like anyone really accepts me as I am. I always desire acceptance and love but I don't think most people once they really know me, will want me around or care to keep me in their lives.

Same for me here, except indifference. That is something I feel a lot. Even though I am an E4 and experience emotions intensely, they rarely if ever translate to the outside world and the things in it. Not because I do not care about anything, but because I never have anything to care about. What kinda boggles my mind, is how people use emotion as motivation.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Same for me here, except indifference. That is something I feel a lot. Even though I am an E4 and experience emotions intensely, they rarely if ever translate to the outside world and the things in it. Not because I do not care about anything, but because I never have anything to care about. What kinda boggles my mind, is how people use emotion as motivation.

I am actually a very emotionally impulsive person. So I often act out of emotion, impulsively, without thinking first of what I am doing. It is kind of a flaw I'm continuing to work on.

Saturnal Snowqueen

Solastalgia 𓍊𓋼𓍊𓋼𓍊
MBTI Type
FELV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Not really...I can easily feel disgust, jealousy, rage, excitement and love in a 5 minute time span. I think the closest thing is true annoyance? Like yes I get annoyed at people talking loud or standing in my way, but it's hard for me to get really annoyed at say, someone's incompetence when I'm going out. I mean I'll probably be a little annoyed or disappointed, but like I see people in the ranting in the rant thread all the time while I don't know what to rant about. Whenever I am feeling rant-y, I'm more feeling dramatic than super annoyed. Gives me something to talk about.

Older post, but I think a good word for this is Karen-ness. I had a lady the other day at work complain that her extra bacon pizza wasn't bacony enough, and it's like, are you really going to lose sleep over a few pieces of bacon? She then abandoned the pizza and went to crusade for more bacon. If people mess up my order, I don't really care much, it's still food. I've only sent food back once, and I felt so awkward(it was prime rib, I like rare steak but since it was my first time trying it I didn't know what it should look like so I had them cook it a little more). I think now, I'd only send it back if it was raw or if was the opposite of what I ordered and I was really looking forward to something special. But yeah, if I got thick instead of thin crust, or nuggets instead of wings, I'm just gonna eat it and not make a hassle out of it.

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Jealousy. I don't really get why this is a thing for people. If you want something, get it? Or like, if you're jealous that someone is with someone else...get over it? It's not that deep, lol.

Enneagram
9w1
Excitement in the form of giddiness and "Oh I'm oh so lucky today!".. even if I won a million dollars I'd be like "hm.. alrighty. I'll find some use for this."

Also its brother emotion I cannot relate to: hysteria and being excited but in a negative way. Like when people scream when they see a spider... I just don't understand that. Even if I was afraid I wouldn't scream. I'd probably be taken aback for 1 second and immediately take action lol.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Lol none of them. I think over my entire life Ive probably felt them all. Let me find a list tho cuz why not

Satisfaction maybe?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Shame.

I can feel embarrassed but it doesn't go deep or last long.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Fear. Especially of the unknown.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is there something you never really tend to feel? Maybe you hear others do, but you find that you just don't relate much?

For me it's probably shame and envy mostly.
EDIT: Pride is mostly foreign to me as well, but less so than the other two I mentioned.
Interesting to me because this likely ties in with why it's so easy for me to openly be myself.
There are many emotions. I’d choose anger. It is extremely rare for me to ever get anger. If i het slightly triggered, I remodulate in nanoseconds.

I have a intuitive hypothesis. As a child growing up I had an explosive personality father. When it comes to the defense mechanisms of fight, flight, freeze, fawn and flop, I went freeze.

At the time nothing I did was ever good or fast enough to suit his unrealistic and perfectionistic standards. I’d say this is one of the important variables of why I keep a level head and don’t succumb to anger.

Skimt

361-3614224_suzannezeedyk-blog-insideout4-robert-plutchik-model-of-emotions.png