• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Mayan Calendar 2012 - the world will not end

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i hope not

cus i would have spent money on extra tuition for nothing

i hope they can push it back to 2030 cus by then, i will probably be ready to die anyways

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'd imagine 2012 will certainly be the end of the road for a lot of folks.

Mayans and non-Mayans alike. It's inevitable.

P

Phantonym

Why is everybody assuming that the end of the world is a bad thing? Something ending leads way to something beginning. It might actually be something good.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Although I certainly doubt that the world will end in 2012 I speculate that something major may happen.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Most of us should be thankful to be alive in these times, with the theories of a pole shift, a galactic alignment, the precession of the equinox, human DNA upgrades, the coming of the age of Aquarius, WW3, the anti-christ, martial law, FEMA camps and millions of stockpiled coffins throughout the US... Seriously, all of this is quite exciting, in a cynical kind of way... Maybe Hollywood is gearing us up for the upcoming movie "2012".

It's the time of enlightenment, and I don't think the world will end in 2012, but it could very well change!

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Most of us should be thankful to be alive in these times, with the theories of a pole shift, a galactic alignment, the precession of the equinox, human DNA upgrades, the coming of the age of Aquarius, WW3, the anti-christ, martial law, FEMA camps and millions of stockpiled coffins throughout the US... Seriously, all of this is quite exciting, in a cynical kind of way... Maybe Hollywood is gearing us up for the upcoming movie "2012".

It's the time of enlightenment, and I don't think the world will end in 2012, but it could very well change!
If Hollywood could somehow combine all conspiracy theories, doomsday prophecies, and the like...that would be one "amazing" movie.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Most of us should be thankful to be alive in these times, [...] theories of a pole shift, a galactic alignment, the precession of the equinox, human DNA upgrades, the coming of the age of Aquarius, WW3, the anti-christ, martial law, FEMA camps and millions of stockpiled coffins throughout the US...

I never quite understand what the phrase "in these times" means.

I know you offer supporting statements to back up the phrase, but are "these times" necessarily any more virulent (or safe) than years previous?

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
I never quite understand what the phrase "in these times" means.

I know you offer supporting statements to back up the phrase, but are "these times" necessarily any more virulent (or safe) than years previous?

Well,... It's just too bad that "these times" are defined by nuclear control. It's insane for a human to have that kind of power!

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Question -- why bother with coffins?

I wondered the same thing, it would be much cheaper to just burn the bodies in field somewhere!

:)... I don't think they're coffins, more likely to be supply crates for the military.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think preserving bodies in coffins and not letting them naturally decompose is actually gross. I'm such a weirdo.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't think that's weird. I have in my will that I don't want to be embalmed. I can't make the leap to no coffin (they'll have to carry me out there somehow), but I do want one that will decompose naturally along with me.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My brother had a real skeleton in his drawer for his medical studies. The stench... I'm glad he finally got rid of it.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't think that's weird. I have in my will that I don't want to be embalmed. I can't make the leap to no coffin (they'll have to carry me out there somehow), but I do want one that will decompose naturally along with me.

I knew you were awesome!

I guess a decomposing coffin works!

LEGERdeMAIN

It's a proven, scientific fact that in the year 2012, the fan will hit the shit. I saw it on the "History" channel, so it must be true.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I think preserving bodies in coffins and not letting them naturally decompose is actually gross. I'm such a weirdo.

I find it insulting, but not gross.

The typical terms tend to go "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" or "came from the earth, return to the earth" type dealies, with many variations on the theme.

A casket/coffin prevents this. The body doesn't return to the earth, it doesn't provide nourishment to the soil, it doesn't feed the animals, the very act of embalming is poisoning the body, replacing the blood with highly toxic chemicals just so that it doesn't decay quite as fast.

It's a waste, insulting to the natural cycle of life and death, and insulting to nature in general. The majority of older cases, such as mummification, believed that the body had to be in pristine condition to exist in the afterlife, as the body was carried over as well. Christianity doesn't have this, so WHY do christians bury their bodies after embalming within caskets? It has no religious significance, the only purpose is because of "tradition", and I'm a firm believer that, just because yeu screwed something up for the last 500 years, doesn't mean that it justifies screwing it up for the next 500 as well. Tradition is not a valid excuse for incompetence.

In any case, I want my meat stripped from the bones and fed to a bear or something that could make use of it, then wrap the bones a la mummification, and get a little pyramid for a headstone, with a language on each facing saying the same thing... for 3 sides. And then total absolute nonsense which means NOTHING on the last side, just to screw up archaeologists a thousand years from now.