• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My views

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
To me history is the most important subject and i said that because the goal of history is to the mistakes of the events. From what i have notice about the events at the core they happen the exact same way like a book, the basic structure, exposition,conflict,rising action,climax,falling action and resolution. Think of exposition as personal goal,conflict as getting supplies and think of rising action as preparation to execute goal and climax as you executing the plan and falling action as you cooling down and processing information and resolution as what you realize about what happen and how it change your perception. I said this to tell you how every book is structured the same way every historical event is structured the exact same way,there are some twist and turns. Also a lot of events happen because we took our freedoms and riches for granted,think of the israelites,they took their freedoms for granted and they fell,Roman empire ,same way,German empire same way and so on.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Unfortunately history was not my best subject back at school years. My learning experience in history is mostly memorizing of facts like who the politicians/historical figure was, who did what, content of treaty, when a major historical event happen, where did it take place, etc, which is like fact checking test to me. I remember I got historical facts mixed up during a presentation in front of the class that many students raised their hands to correct me. But I agree with the ideal that it should be studied to realize historical pattern that reoccur.

theablekingedgar

Permabanned
I don't agree that history is learning from past mistakes.
for me, it's human interest. people in the past were just like us. How did they navigate situations? What did they value? What was important to them?
It's also about seeing how things came to be and why we are the way we are now. The universe is a long series of causes and effects - and history helps us study these effects.

Mole

Permabanned
I don't agree that history is learning from past mistakes. for me, it's human interest. people in the past were just like us. How did they navigate situations? What did they value? What was important to them? It's also about seeing how things came to be and why we are the way we are now. The universe is a long series of causes and effects - and history helps us study these effects.

Cause and effect is derived from the linear and sequential alphabet, and so cause and effect are also linear and sequential.

But unlike literacy, electric media is not linear and sequential, and the fact of quantum mechanics is also not linear and sequential. So under electric media and quantum mechanics, cause and effect are dead.