• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

All Non-Roman Catholics are Heathens

Mole

Permabanned
It's scary to read catholics defending their faith. We now know, across at the world, the catholic faith has been used to sexually abuse hundreds of thousands of children and to cover it up at the highest institutional level.

We have also discovered evidence the catholic faith has been sexually abusing children for 600 years and protecting the abusers at the highest levels of the church.

It is also scary that the catholic faith sees no evidence of child abuse in their theology, such as the abuse of Isaac by God, acting as a template of the abuse of Jesus, and the hundreds of thousands of other victims.

Listening to catholics defending their faith is to hear them defend child abuse.

One small start by catholics against their child abusing hierarchy has been made in the parish of Mentone, Victoria, Australia, where they are refusing to go to Mass presided over by the convicted rapist, Father John Walshe.

Rather than defending their faith, catholics should follow the example of the parish of Mentone, and turn out their child abusing hierarchy.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rather than defending their faith, catholics should follow the example of the parish of Mentone, and turn out their child abusing hierarchy.
"Turn out"? They should turn them in, to the authorities, just as with any other child molester.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Who wants to go to heaven anyway?

Heaven is an energetic consciousness, imo, and everyone wants to be there. The only way you won't get there is by choosing not to be one with God. People stumble through life, very few people are saints or enlightened, and even they have low human moments. That's why religion is necessary to help people draw closer to the God consciousness, because otherwise people are driven by fear, anger, biases, and other survival thinking defense mechanisms. The opposite of fear is love, and God is love.

Any religious person who tells you anything other than God being love that you can choose at any moment, is practicing false religion. Jesus talked about it in the New Testament. ..people who only pray on street corners to be seen, who care more about cultural exclusion than love, who serve money instead of God...that's what is meant by everyone who says Lord Lord is not necessarily of Christ, those people are actually an instrument of evil who lead lost people even further away from love.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Who wants to go to heaven anyway?

Which Heaven? Whose rules would I have to follow to get there? If I decide to follow someone's religion there's a massive chance I'll be following the wrong one.

Hold on, I'm atheist, I'm definitely sure I'd be following the wrong one.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm always sorry to read these sorts of threads.

Is it because you pity the atheists for their misguided anger, or just because you don't like people criticizing the RCC? The first reaction would be Christian, the second would be utter hypocrisy, given the content of the OP.

If you don't like my story about how people can in fact choose God at any moment, then you're essentially denying the Gospels of Jesus Christ, who literally picked up sinners off the streets.

For what it's worth, I'm quite fond of Pope Francis, I admire the rationality of Catholics versus screaming hell fire backwoods scare fests, and I know for a fact you guys have the right idea about abstaining from meat, and now there's scientific evidence to support that wisdom.

Lark

Then why do you read them?

They are created whether I read them or not and that's what disappoints me.

Could you imagine the same sorts of threads being created about "The Jews", for instance, no? I'd hope not.

I wonder how long it'll take for roman catholics to be afforded the same respect as a community as opposed to being thought of as minions of an evil villainous institution? The cartoonish picture is intentional but the matter's serious enough.

Lark

Is it because you pity the atheists for their misguided anger, or just because you don't like people criticizing the RCC? The first reaction would be Christian, the second would be utter hypocrisy, given the content of the OP.

If you don't like my story about how people can in fact choose God at any moment, then you're essentially denying the Gospels of Jesus Christ, who literally picked up sinners off the streets.

For what it's worth, I'm quite fond of Pope Francis, I admire the rationality of Catholics versus screaming hell fire backwoods scare fests, and I know for a fact you guys have the right idea about abstaining from meat, and now there's scientific evidence to support that wisdom.

Hmm, I dont see things as you do.

Its such a narrow view too. Although whatever works for you.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of people thought that at the time of his selection. John Paul II was so liberal tho, I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

I liked the Wikipedia vandal who replaced his pic with one of Sauroman.

Wonder where this leaves the Eastern Orthodox Churches? The Roman church was only one of equals, not "the ruler of all."

Yah, that's one of the things behind the splitsville between the Catholics & Orthodox. I had thought it was the sack of Rome and survival of
Constantinople, but an Orthodox co-worker corrected me.

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Details, please? (All I can think of is the joke from Mad Magazine where a guy impersonating an Orthodox Jewish Rabbi gets outed when he orders a bacon cheeseburger...)

Mole

Permabanned
The Parliamentary Triangle in our National Capital, Canberra, Australia, is our national space in which there are many national institutions including our National Parliament. Click on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLu6Lpfumx8

And although we have freedom of religion, we do not have a national, public religion, yet only one person in all of Australia has a public residence in our national Parliamentary Triangle, together with a large land holding, and that person is our Catholic Archbishop. Click on https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...UICSgD&biw=1394&bih=750#imgrc=tfjwePbf98xFkM:

Speaking to a priest the other day I pointed out that there is only one private residence in our National Parliamentary Triangle and that is not of the Governor General, nor the Prime Minister, nor the Chief Justice, but the Catholic Archbishop. So I suggested to the priest that they could show they are not just interested in property values and power by returning the Archbishop's residence and surrounding land to the National Estate. And without a reply the good priest turned his back on me and walked away.