• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enlightenment

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
It's the opposite side of The Endarkening.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Health, Knowledge and Justice should be out the Market (be all in public).

Without Health you have SICK STATE.
Without Knowledge you have UNEDUCATED STATE
Without Justice YOU DON'T HAVE STATE AT ALL.

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
enlightened means to me opening your eyes in a way that youve never seen before.you are looking at somthing from a new angle or perspective

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Truly.

To sit in darkness means to be overcome by spiritual ignorance. The great light is the gospel of Christ.

This is very wrong in a discussion of enlightenment -a Buddhist concept.

Unlike Christianity, Buddhism doesn’t believe in light=good dark=bad. I’m sure you know what a Yin Yang is ( though originally Taoist it was adopted by Buddhism) a balance of light and dark are essentially. Without one the other doesn’t exist. Just like the concept of goid and evil, there just ‘is’. Such is enlightment.

This is very wrong in a discussion of enlightenment -a Buddhist concept.

Unlike Christianity, Buddhism doesn’t believe in light=good dark=bad. I’m sure you know what a Yin Yang is ( though originally Taoist it was adopted by Buddhism) a balance of light and dark are essentially. Without one the other doesn’t exist. Just like the concept of goid and evil, there just ‘is’. Such is enlightment.

I agree. Buddhism surely has aspects of Truth to it.

O

Oya

A dedication to learning and in spite of hardship, synthesizing and pioneering information that may not have been connected or appear related before, and always holding the human condition - regardless of what others might argue or threaten - as paramount and something that is never to be sacrificed.

Enlightenment is a verb, not a noun.
Brilliant! This is me to the letter! Female, 8w7 ENFJ!!

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
They might believe that by discovering religion, spirituality or some other belief they've not encountered before, that makes them enlightened. But it just makes them a believer or a follower. Then they become an advocate or mobilizer for that belief. They're more educated than they were previously. But I rarely hear anyone describing education or knowledge outside of the religious or spiritual as "enlightenment", where as centuries ago, that's exactly what enlightened referred to.
It's similar as with emotional intelligence being used as being skilled at manipulation especially of mood instead of being able to figure out truth through use of feeling function (for example arrival at truth could involve experiencing intensively negative emotions like despair but it would count as low emotional intelligence according to those who defined it.).
There's a sort of anti-rational bias here.