User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Default The diversification of slavery

Many contend that slavery was abolished in the United States. They read publications and articles that contain narratives by the victors of history. Such foolishness will be avoided here. This argument is based on ipse defacto and narratives by the educated minority.

Ipse defacto, there are 24 hours in a day. The day is broken down between sleep and work as follows for the average worker (note that the average worker tends to work 6-7 days a week and the notion of a weekend is a luxury few people share. If you have a weekend please do consider yourself the lucky few):

1. 7-8 hours Sleep.
    2. 8-10 hours of Work.

That leaves approximately 7 hours for recreation. Factor in the necessities of life (4-5 hours a day for food, bathroom, grocery shopping, and basic exercises) and that leaves approximately 1-2 hours of recreation. The average person can afford, on a 60k salary, to live in a small apartment. Grossing 60k results in approximately 10k net profit on average, after necessities of course, and don't forget 20-40 percent taxes. Any children and 10k becomes negative 30k since you will take out an increasing amount of debt as life expenses increase at a rate fifty times your wage. This is just for food, and apartment, basic living (not eating out at all).

The average lifespan has increased two fold but if you aggregate all the additional hours of recreation it is still 1/20th as much as the recreational time afforded to a young 18 year old living in the 1400's. So we live longer but mostly, if not in absolute totality, to work mostly for someone else. In fact the trade off in increased life vs. free time is inversely related to such a magnitude as to nearly eliminate any freedom gained in the first place. Essentially, ipse defacto, you live longer to experience less average, total, and peak joy and more average, total and peak sorrow.

I know this because I was an actuary. I also know this, also, because I am the director of the department of a finance company where people laugh about you, and all of this, as they look down from a giant building and watch all the ants walk; the ants are you. We have one hour work days but we make nearly 20,000 times your salary in a day.

Thank you for this life, and I'm sorry you're a slave. I thank you because if it weren't for your ignorance, I'd have to work as hard as you too for 20,000 times less. I am a slave too though, in a way, so don't worry. For as much money as I make, I'm also invested in to this system. I can't buy out because I have too much skin in the game. In fact, I could even be blacklisted, ostracized, or murdered if i do.

Slavery was never abolished in this world. It was expanded and diversified. The premise is to make you feel as if you're free, and you do. The conclusion is you will work against your own interest until your very last breath, like a simple animal with an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex. It's called a psychological peneptecon. The idea is to separate the freedom function from the decision function. I know this because the board of directors uses it to control our employees. They learned how to do this by employing military consultants. You once had N factorial possibilities. You now have just a few. But if ten rooms lead to one, then what's the point. You might as well have started in one. And you did. You just thought it was ten.

Best way to keep a slave, ipse defacto, is to trick them into thinking they are the master. Enjoy your big screen t.v. a couple hours a night. Tomorrow morning, you'll be my slave again. There are no places you can go now, in this world, without absolutely having to work for me, and you will, until you die.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

There is a reason the term wage slave exists. Yet I would never draw a comparison to the average work week, to what indentured servants and slaves went through in the early american years. But I also call attention to how long slavery lasted in other countries, and which were enslaved in other countries as well. I hate how america is the only one talked about. When Arabia has had more slaves than any other country in one era.
    “That's the problem with drinking, I thought, as I poured myself a drink. If something bad happens you drink in an attempt to forget; if something good happens you drink in order to celebrate; and if nothing happens you drink to make something happen.”

― Charles Bukowski

60k a year is enough to wipe your own ass with but not much else. I considered it poverty...could care less what the Department of Blah blah blah says.
    Click here for my 2500+ Enneagram Type List to type yourself and others with. It's the only valid breakdown for every enneagram type, wing and stack.

Click here for the only valid visual typing model of stackings on earth and socionics.
    Click here for enneagram type descriptions as a supplement to the only valid breakdown for every type, wing and stack.
    Click here for my typings of 100+ fictional exemplars and here for my typings of 90+ typology central members.

Huxley was more correct than Orwell.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

I can't wait for your to wake up tomorrow and work for me come on. Daddy needs a third wife.

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by EllevenSevenSounds View Post
    Many contend that slavery was abolished in the United States. They read publications and articles that contain narratives by the victors of history. Such foolishness will be avoided here. This argument is based on ipse defacto and narratives by the educated minority.

Ipse defacto, there are 24 hours in a day. The day is broken down between sleep and work as follows for the average worker (note that the average worker tends to work 6-7 days a week and the notion of a weekend is a luxury few people share. If you have a weekend please do consider yourself the lucky few):

1. 7-8 hours Sleep.
    2. 8-10 hours of Work.

That leaves approximately 7 hours for recreation. Factor in the necessities of life (4-5 hours a day for food, bathroom, grocery shopping, and basic exercises) and that leaves approximately 1-2 hours of recreation. The average person can afford, on a 60k salary, to live in a small apartment. Grossing 60k results in approximately 10k net profit on average, after necessities of course, and don't forget 20-40 percent taxes. Any children and 10k becomes negative 30k since you will take out an increasing amount of debt as life expenses increase at a rate fifty times your wage. This is just for food, and apartment, basic living (not eating out at all).

The average lifespan has increased two fold but if you aggregate all the additional hours of recreation it is still 1/20th as much as the recreational time afforded to a young 18 year old living in the 1400's. So we live longer but mostly, if not in absolute totality, to work mostly for someone else. In fact the trade off in increased life vs. free time is inversely related to such a magnitude as to nearly eliminate any freedom gained in the first place. Essentially, ipse defacto, you live longer to experience less average, total, and peak joy and more average, total and peak sorrow.

I know this because I was an actuary. I also know this, also, because I am the director of the department of a finance company where people laugh about you, and all of this, as they look down from a giant building and watch all the ants walk; the ants are you. We have one hour work days but we make nearly 20,000 times your salary in a day.

Thank you for this life, and I'm sorry you're a slave. I thank you because if it weren't for your ignorance, I'd have to work as hard as you too for 20,000 times less. I am a slave too though, in a way, so don't worry. For as much money as I make, I'm also invested in to this system. I can't buy out because I have too much skin in the game. In fact, I could even be blacklisted, ostracized, or murdered if i do.

Slavery was never abolished in this world. It was expanded and diversified. The premise is to make you feel as if you're free, and you do. The conclusion is you will work against your own interest until your very last breath, like a simple animal with an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex. It's called a psychological peneptecon. The idea is to separate the freedom function from the decision function. I know this because the board of directors uses it to control our employees. They learned how to do this by employing military consultants. You once had N factorial possibilities. You now have just a few. But if ten rooms lead to one, then what's the point. You might as well have started in one. And you did. You just thought it was ten.

Best way to keep a slave, ipse defacto, is to trick them into thinking they are the master. Enjoy your big screen t.v. a couple hours a night. Tomorrow morning, you'll be my slave again. There are no places you can go now, in this world, without absolutely having to work for me, and you will, until you die.
    I agree with you but I think you dont get the numbers right.
    Id say that being stuck in a 10-12 hours or 8-10 hours wasting 2 hours on commute would be more accurate.
    60k yearly in dollars is way more than the average income in the whole world. If you take the GDP per capita as an approximation, average yearly income is less than 15k. If you try to consider a correction that there is some money hiding in Swiss, illegal transations in illegal activities (like money from drug traffic) and rich cheating tax, we could say that its 20k. Considering a boost to compensate the american cost of life, we could boost it 2x, giving 40k. A person that wins more of the average is not a slave. I think that instead of 60k, you should have written, given already the cost of living boost, 20 or 30 at best.

However, what do you suggest to be done?
    A simple awareness of the situation doesnt change much, unless every ant have the awareness.
    Personality type distribution in 12 countries:
    https://www.typologycentral.com/foru...countries.html

A new vision of MBTI and function stacks:
    https://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ion-stack.html

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Quote Originally Posted by Vendrah View Post
    I agree with you but I think you dont get the numbers right.
    Id say that being stuck in a 10-12 hours or 8-10 hours wasting 2 hours on commute would be more accurate.
    60k yearly in dollars is way more than the average income in the whole world. If you take the GDP per capita as an approximation, average yearly income is less than 15k. If you try to consider a correction that there is some money hiding in Swiss, illegal transations in illegal activities (like money from drug traffic) and rich cheating tax, we could say that its 20k. Considering a boost to compensate the american cost of life, we could boost it 2x, giving 40k. A person that wins more of the average is not a slave. I think that instead of 60k, you should have written, given already the cost of living boost, 20 or 30 at best.

However, what do you suggest to be done?
    A simple awareness of the situation doesn't change much, unless every ant have the awareness.
    All good points. I err'ed up because there are a lot of trolls here who would most likely then proceed to tell me that anyone who makes 20k is a loser and deserves to starve to death. I tried to up-shoot a bit. Good point about the driving too...you are absolutely right.

I am not sure where to start. I feel as if spreading awareness is the first step. I didn't think past that. Another thing, stop eating manufactured or highly processed foods.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

You’re right, however this doesn’t apply to 1%ers. You could retire and be set for life. Or, blow it all on extravagant shit like everyone.

The ball is entirely in your court, you know, the opposite of being a slave.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NT

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    You’re right, however this doesn’t apply to 1%ers. You could retire and be set for life. Or, blow it all on extravagant shit like everyone.

The ball is entirely in your court, you know, the opposite of being a slave.
    Well I am not a 1%er. I am roleplaying Elliot from Mr. Robot. The only way to make my point and not get trolled into kingdom come was to act as if I was ultra wealthy. Don't get me wrong, I have friends who are and most of my act was borrowed from reality.

blackbird, fly Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by EllevenSevenSounds View Post
    Well I am not a 1%er. .
    You don't say?
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi