• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The diversification of slavery

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Many contend that slavery was abolished in the United States. They read publications and articles that contain narratives by the victors of history. Such foolishness will be avoided here. This argument is based on ipse defacto and narratives by the educated minority.

Ipse defacto, there are 24 hours in a day. The day is broken down between sleep and work as follows for the average worker (note that the average worker tends to work 6-7 days a week and the notion of a weekend is a luxury few people share. If you have a weekend please do consider yourself the lucky few):

1. 7-8 hours Sleep.
2. 8-10 hours of Work.​

That leaves approximately 7 hours for recreation. Factor in the necessities of life (4-5 hours a day for food, bathroom, grocery shopping, and basic exercises) and that leaves approximately 1-2 hours of recreation. The average person can afford, on a 60k salary, to live in a small apartment. Grossing 60k results in approximately 10k net profit on average, after necessities of course, and don't forget 20-40 percent taxes. Any children and 10k becomes negative 30k since you will take out an increasing amount of debt as life expenses increase at a rate fifty times your wage. This is just for food, and apartment, basic living (not eating out at all).

The average lifespan has increased two fold but if you aggregate all the additional hours of recreation it is still 1/20th as much as the recreational time afforded to a young 18 year old living in the 1400's. So we live longer but mostly, if not in absolute totality, to work mostly for someone else. In fact the trade off in increased life vs. free time is inversely related to such a magnitude as to nearly eliminate any freedom gained in the first place. Essentially, ipse defacto, you live longer to experience less average, total, and peak joy and more average, total and peak sorrow.

I know this because I was an actuary. I also know this, also, because I am the director of the department of a finance company where people laugh about you, and all of this, as they look down from a giant building and watch all the ants walk; the ants are you. We have one hour work days but we make nearly 20,000 times your salary in a day.

Thank you for this life, and I'm sorry you're a slave. I thank you because if it weren't for your ignorance, I'd have to work as hard as you too for 20,000 times less. I am a slave too though, in a way, so don't worry. For as much money as I make, I'm also invested in to this system. I can't buy out because I have too much skin in the game. In fact, I could even be blacklisted, ostracized, or murdered if i do.

Slavery was never abolished in this world. It was expanded and diversified. The premise is to make you feel as if you're free, and you do. The conclusion is you will work against your own interest until your very last breath, like a simple animal with an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex. It's called a psychological peneptecon. The idea is to separate the freedom function from the decision function. I know this because the board of directors uses it to control our employees. They learned how to do this by employing military consultants. You once had N factorial possibilities. You now have just a few. But if ten rooms lead to one, then what's the point. You might as well have started in one. And you did. You just thought it was ten.

Best way to keep a slave, ipse defacto, is to trick them into thinking they are the master. Enjoy your big screen t.v. a couple hours a night. Tomorrow morning, you'll be my slave again. There are no places you can go now, in this world, without absolutely having to work for me, and you will, until you die.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There is a reason the term wage slave exists. Yet I would never draw a comparison to the average work week, to what indentured servants and slaves went through in the early american years. But I also call attention to how long slavery lasted in other countries, and which were enslaved in other countries as well. I hate how america is the only one talked about. When Arabia has had more slaves than any other country in one era.

Tomb1

60k a year is enough to wipe your own ass with but not much else. I considered it poverty...could care less what the Department of Blah blah blah says.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't wait for your to wake up tomorrow and work for me ;) come on. Daddy needs a third wife.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Many contend that slavery was abolished in the United States. They read publications and articles that contain narratives by the victors of history. Such foolishness will be avoided here. This argument is based on ipse defacto and narratives by the educated minority.

Ipse defacto, there are 24 hours in a day. The day is broken down between sleep and work as follows for the average worker (note that the average worker tends to work 6-7 days a week and the notion of a weekend is a luxury few people share. If you have a weekend please do consider yourself the lucky few):

1. 7-8 hours Sleep.
2. 8-10 hours of Work.​

That leaves approximately 7 hours for recreation. Factor in the necessities of life (4-5 hours a day for food, bathroom, grocery shopping, and basic exercises) and that leaves approximately 1-2 hours of recreation. The average person can afford, on a 60k salary, to live in a small apartment. Grossing 60k results in approximately 10k net profit on average, after necessities of course, and don't forget 20-40 percent taxes. Any children and 10k becomes negative 30k since you will take out an increasing amount of debt as life expenses increase at a rate fifty times your wage. This is just for food, and apartment, basic living (not eating out at all).

The average lifespan has increased two fold but if you aggregate all the additional hours of recreation it is still 1/20th as much as the recreational time afforded to a young 18 year old living in the 1400's. So we live longer but mostly, if not in absolute totality, to work mostly for someone else. In fact the trade off in increased life vs. free time is inversely related to such a magnitude as to nearly eliminate any freedom gained in the first place. Essentially, ipse defacto, you live longer to experience less average, total, and peak joy and more average, total and peak sorrow.

I know this because I was an actuary. I also know this, also, because I am the director of the department of a finance company where people laugh about you, and all of this, as they look down from a giant building and watch all the ants walk; the ants are you. We have one hour work days but we make nearly 20,000 times your salary in a day.

Thank you for this life, and I'm sorry you're a slave. I thank you because if it weren't for your ignorance, I'd have to work as hard as you too for 20,000 times less. I am a slave too though, in a way, so don't worry. For as much money as I make, I'm also invested in to this system. I can't buy out because I have too much skin in the game. In fact, I could even be blacklisted, ostracized, or murdered if i do.

Slavery was never abolished in this world. It was expanded and diversified. The premise is to make you feel as if you're free, and you do. The conclusion is you will work against your own interest until your very last breath, like a simple animal with an underdeveloped prefrontal cortex. It's called a psychological peneptecon. The idea is to separate the freedom function from the decision function. I know this because the board of directors uses it to control our employees. They learned how to do this by employing military consultants. You once had N factorial possibilities. You now have just a few. But if ten rooms lead to one, then what's the point. You might as well have started in one. And you did. You just thought it was ten.

Best way to keep a slave, ipse defacto, is to trick them into thinking they are the master. Enjoy your big screen t.v. a couple hours a night. Tomorrow morning, you'll be my slave again. There are no places you can go now, in this world, without absolutely having to work for me, and you will, until you die.

I agree with you but I think you dont get the numbers right.
Id say that being stuck in a 10-12 hours or 8-10 hours wasting 2 hours on commute would be more accurate.
60k yearly in dollars is way more than the average income in the whole world. If you take the GDP per capita as an approximation, average yearly income is less than 15k. If you try to consider a correction that there is some money hiding in Swiss, illegal transations in illegal activities (like money from drug traffic) and rich cheating tax, we could say that its 20k. Considering a boost to compensate the american cost of life, we could boost it 2x, giving 40k. A person that wins more of the average is not a slave. I think that instead of 60k, you should have written, given already the cost of living boost, 20 or 30 at best.

However, what do you suggest to be done?
A simple awareness of the situation doesnt change much, unless every ant have the awareness.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with you but I think you dont get the numbers right.
Id say that being stuck in a 10-12 hours or 8-10 hours wasting 2 hours on commute would be more accurate.
60k yearly in dollars is way more than the average income in the whole world. If you take the GDP per capita as an approximation, average yearly income is less than 15k. If you try to consider a correction that there is some money hiding in Swiss, illegal transations in illegal activities (like money from drug traffic) and rich cheating tax, we could say that its 20k. Considering a boost to compensate the american cost of life, we could boost it 2x, giving 40k. A person that wins more of the average is not a slave. I think that instead of 60k, you should have written, given already the cost of living boost, 20 or 30 at best.

However, what do you suggest to be done?
A simple awareness of the situation doesn't change much, unless every ant have the awareness.

All good points. I err'ed up because there are a lot of trolls here who would most likely then proceed to tell me that anyone who makes 20k is a loser and deserves to starve to death. I tried to up-shoot a bit. Good point about the driving too...you are absolutely right.

I am not sure where to start. I feel as if spreading awareness is the first step. I didn't think past that. Another thing, stop eating manufactured or highly processed foods.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
You’re right, however this doesn’t apply to 1%ers. You could retire and be set for life. Or, blow it all on extravagant shit like everyone.

The ball is entirely in your court, you know, the opposite of being a slave.

EllevenSevenSounds

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NT
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You’re right, however this doesn’t apply to 1%ers. You could retire and be set for life. Or, blow it all on extravagant shit like everyone.

The ball is entirely in your court, you know, the opposite of being a slave.

Well I am not a 1%er. I am roleplaying Elliot from Mr. Robot. The only way to make my point and not get trolled into kingdom come was to act as if I was ultra wealthy. Don't get me wrong, I have friends who are and most of my act was borrowed from reality.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
All good points. I err'ed up because there are a lot of trolls here who would most likely then proceed to tell me that anyone who makes 20k is a loser and deserves to starve to death. I tried to up-shoot a bit. Good point about the driving too...you are absolutely right.

I am not sure where to start. I feel as if spreading awareness is the first step. I didn't think past that. Another thing, stop eating manufactured or highly processed foods.

I wish you best on the task of spreading awareness but as you should already notice it wont be any easy. Some people already got conviction that seems to come from pure rationality on their view when its actually a skillfull manipulation. In their conviction they will call you with lots of names.

"stop eating manufactured or highly processed foods." Why?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
humanity is a cruel joke. self aware enough to recognize our own mortality and smallness yet too tribal and selfish to ever really improve our situation. an evolutionary dead end. also a likely catalyst, I mean look how we've sped things up toward the next mass extinction. I suppose in that regard we served some purpose on this planet. otherwise I think our brief stint on earth has been unremarkable. so we learned a lot and made some discoveries while we were in charge. big whoop if we brought about our own destruction and all of that knowledge is lost.

yay for the cockroaches and whatever other life remains to rule the smoldering garbage pile we leave behind.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Well I am not a 1%er. I am roleplaying Elliot from Mr. Robot. The only way to make my point and not get trolled into kingdom come was to act as if I was ultra wealthy. Don't get me wrong, I have friends who are and most of my act was borrowed from reality.

So that agonizingly awful post about making more than you psyche was a lie?

You do not need to be SO rich to have control over your life.

But in my experience truly well-off people tend to be entirely unaware and unappreciative of how much control they do have and are some of the most miserable people I have ever met.

An ...acquaintance of mine is a prime example of said misery: she accomplished more by the time she was 25 than most do in their lives.
She got very lucky in finding a very well-remodeled 850 sq ft basement for $800 in a million dollar home in an upscale neighborhood ( a 500sq ft studio in this area is three times that) she’s been there for a decade. Rent has never gone up, Land Lords never bother her for a thing. Really, since they had moved across the state and the upstairs tenets change so frequently, she practically owns the place
She works for herself, sets her own hours. Makes.. I wouldn’t say a ‘shit ton’ but she is certainly not hard up for cash. She answers to No ONE, not in any aspect of her life and she is VERY popular among our extended group of friends. The only reason she’s so alone is because she has chosen to be.

Yet I have never met anyone so whiny and miserable in my life. If you were to listen to her for five minutes you would think she were the most down- trodden person on Earth. Her favorite line is “ just my luck” which she tends to utter when the ball is entirely in her court and she merely does not want to make a decision.

“ I have to cancel our gaming day ( and ruin everyone else's time) cuz traffic”
“ Take the buss. It’s a very direct route.”
“ No, I don’t like the buss.”
“ Then drive.”
“ No cuz traffic”
“...then bus it.”
“ I don’t want to”
“...you could carpool with me”
“ Noooo I don’t want to put you out.”
“ I’d be more put out by not getting to game.”
“ I knooooow and I’m so sorry! * deep sigh* just MY luck I guess! “

“ Uuugh. I just know X is gonna ask me cook a turkey for HIS thanksgiving dinner!”
“ Don’t if you don’t want to.”
“ Noooo I HAVE to.”
“ Why? “
“ Cuz he’s gonna ask me to! “
“ Tell him ‘no’.”
“ I don’t want to be rude.”
( biiiitch you’re being rude be whining about it every year.)

Then there was the time she threw a fit because she saw a note in her window sheild and assumed she had been the ONLY ONE to be ticketed for parking in a very public parking lot in the middle of a weekday, as she had done a thousand times before. There was NO logical reason anyone would think this bu tI guess “ Just my luck” was reason enough for her. turned out b an ad for a new game store. It was only in her window because the stickers and plushies in her window showed she was a gamer.

People like this astound me; everything about their lives is entirely within their control yet their locus of control seems so far out of their own reach and I cannot possibly fathom where they obtained this perspective.
But it seems to be the M.O. of so many people.

I myself have so few means and after 36 years of having to answer to nearly everyone and their Mother for the most basic things, you might think I’d be just like them. In truth I’m something of an opportunistic asshole. Always on the lookout for ways to improve
my life and situation. In those times when, as I say “ the ball is in MY court” I fucking smash it.

A couple ( as in A couple) who are friends in their late thirties still work in min wage grocery store positions. The husband bitches, and bitches, and bitches incessantly, yet he remains. The wife bitched far less. One day, she’d finally had enough. She understood the situation was well within her control. She quit. She decided she wanted something else and within 3 weeks she had it.
The husband has learned nothing and sits in a job he hates, continuing to whine.
I posit that unless you have some sort of mental or physical limitations or some other extenuating circumstances ( I don’t proclaim to be all knowing)if you are working as grocery bagger or in the deli doing anything other than managing, it is mostly because you lack ambition and just want enough money to pay rent and buy the video games you spend every second of your time off playing.

Both people in this couple has confirmed this “ I am still in this job because I am complacent. if I really cared, I would quit. Maybe I will once I have finally had enough. My husband is still there- and WILL be there- because he lacks any motivation to improve his life. As long as he can play games at home all day, he is fine.”

“ To be honest, I am lazy. I don’t care so ling as at the end of say I can stay up until 4 am playing videogames.”

He is not the only grocery store clerk I know who has no ambition other than to waste his life away playing games every second he is not at work.( but I’m not one to generalize. This is one of those ‘ All A do B, but not all of B is A situations)

What I am saying in this tangent that what many ( not all) are slaves to is nothing more than human laziness and complacency that comes from our evolutionary traits which tells us to avoid risk, live comfortably, grow fat affluent, and breed for the survival of our parasitic species. We’ve enslaved ourselves in service to this desire for comfort and luxury at the cost if truly experiencing the miracle that is life. A species which evolved from the most greedy, violent, little ID monsters never had a chance to be anything more.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

But in my experience truly well-off people tend to be entirely unaware and unappreciative of how much control they do have and are some of the most miserable people I have ever met.

An ...acquaintance of mine is a prime example of said misery: she accomplished more by the time she was 25 than most do in their lives.
She got very lucky in finding a very well-remodeled 850 sq ft basement for $800 in a million dollar home in an upscale neighborhood ( a 500sq ft studio in this area is three times that) she’s been there for a decade. Rent has never gone up, Land Lords never bother her for a thing. Really, since they had moved across the state and the upstairs tenets change so frequently, she practically owns the place
She works for herself, sets her own hours. Makes.. I wouldn’t say a ‘shit ton’ but she is certainly not hard up for cash. She answers to No ONE, not in any aspect of her life and she is VERY popular among our extended group of friends. The only reason she’s so alone is because she has chosen to be.

Yet I have never met anyone so whiny and miserable in my life. If you were to listen to her for five minutes you would think she were the most down- trodden person on Earth. Her favorite line is “ just my luck” which she tends to utter when the ball is entirely in her court and she merely does not want to make a decision.

“ Then drive.”
“ No cuz traffic”
“...then bus it.”
“ I don’t want to”

“ Uuugh. I just know X is gonna ask me cook a turkey for HIS thanksgiving dinner!”
“ Noooo I HAVE to.”
“ Why? “
“ Tell him ‘no’.”

Then there was the time she threw a fit because she saw a note in her window sheild and assumed she had been the ONLY ONE to be ticketed for parking in a very public parking lot in the middle of a weekday, as she had done a thousand times before. There was NO logical reason anyone would think this bu tI guess “ Just my luck” was reason enough for her. turned out b an ad for a new game store. It was only in her window because the stickers and plushies in her window showed she was a gamer.

People like this astound me; everything about their lives is entirely within their control yet their locus of control seems so far out of their own reach and I cannot possibly fathom where they obtained this perspective.

I myself have so few means and after 36 years of having to answer to nearly everyone and their Mother for the most basic things, you might think I’d be just like them. In truth I’m something of an opportunistic asshole. Always on the lookout for ways to improve
my life and situation. In those times when, as I say “ the ball is in MY court” I fucking smash it.

A couple ( as in A couple) who are friends in their late thirties still work in min wage grocery store positions. The husband bitches, and bitches, and bitches incessantly, yet he remains. The wife bitched far less. One day, she’d finally had enough. She understood the situation was well within her control. She quit. She decided she wanted something else and within 3 weeks she had it.
The husband has learned nothing and sits in a job he hates, continuing to whine.
I posit that unless you have some sort of mental or physical limitations or some other extenuating circumstances ( I don’t proclaim to be all knowing)if you are working as grocery bagger or in the deli doing anything other than managing, it is mostly because you lack ambition and just want enough money to pay rent and buy the video games you spend every second of your time off playing.

Both people in this couple has confirmed this “ I am still in this job because I am complacent. if I really cared, I would quit. Maybe I will once I have finally had enough. My husband is still there- and WILL be there- because he lacks any motivation to improve his life. As long as he can play games at home all day, he is fine.”

“ To be honest, I am lazy. I don’t care so ling as at the end of say I can stay up until 4 am playing videogames.”

He is not the only grocery store clerk I know who has no ambition other than to waste his life away playing games every second he is not at work.( but I’m not one to generalize. This is one of those ‘ All A do B, but not all of B is A situations)

What I am saying in this tangent that what many ( not all) are slaves to is nothing more than human laziness and complacency that comes from our evolutionary traits which tells us to avoid risk, live comfortably, grow fat affluent, and breed for the survival of our parasitic species. We’ve enslaved ourselves in service to this desire for comfort and luxury at the cost if truly experiencing the miracle that is life. A species which evolved from the most greedy, violent, little ID monsters never had a chance to be anything more.

Many people lack perspective, or any real sense of empathy it seems.

I have two co-workers, both married but with no kids, and the "crises" they tend to bitch about just seem so trivial and minor to me.

I used to bitch a lot and ignore opportunities right in front of my face, meanwhile some people I knew and worked with actually had legitimate obstacles such as socioeconomic factors holding them back. Not saying I don't still whine about first world problems, but at some point I decided I was my own worst obstacle and the main force holding me back. I couldn't stomach self-pitying when there were people with far worse situations than my own. So I took a hold of myself, updated my resume, and started bugging my HR department and supervisors incessantly for a promotion. Some of my coworkers had legitimate excuses, like poor educations, criminal records, health issues, etc, but I really didn't have any good excuses. I mean, aspergers, maybe, but I've learned to cope and mask that pretty well, to the point the few people outside of my family who know about it almost didn't believe it about me (that's why they call it masking, because we learn to mask and hide it from others).

Sorry if I sounded like a self help seminar there.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

“ Then drive.”
“ No cuz traffic”
“...then bus it.”
“ I don’t want to”

“ Noooo I HAVE to.”
“ Why? “
“ Tell him ‘no’.”

About the first case, you are being realistic, some of these 1%ers (in world scale, in US that should be 10%ers or 5%ers) have eerything yet they really waste their life and make their own life miserable. Im remembering Howard Hughes right now...

But this second part of lazyness, geee... You are living in the US, right?
In terms of stats, the wage slavery can somewhat be readble through statistics and measured by low amount of GDP per capita combined with Gini coefficient. Its increasing over the world, however, you in US, although you have some Gini, the GDP per capita has a good amount of it. However, in my country, Brazil, have the a slightly below average GDP per capita and one of the highest income inequalty through different measures (in 1%ers, only lose to Chile;in Gini, only lose to South Africa). For you to have a bright idea, half of brazilians does 5k early (f-i-v-e) through official channels, 6k in my own estimation considering illegal activities. At the same time, the 1%ers here makes the same amount of 1$ers in France and in good part of Europe. Since 2014 Crisis, the 90% poorer population became something like 15% poorer while the 1%ers are 10% more rich and growing. Banks are having record profit.

The speech you done in the end about lazyness is what is done here to exploit people. People working 8-10 hours, 6 days, having 3k, 4k, 5k yearly and they go with the brazilian lazyness speech (that doesnt prove with statistics; People in Holland are lazy, they work 30 hours a week in average and they do just fine). They convince people that they deserve it, just like you were trying to do! I mean no offense, but, please, dont support their terrible speech at least.

Now, this is annnoying, disgusting, depressing, because although not you but asynartetic mentioned lack of empathy, a person with real empathy and that can see it clearly - I do through data - really goes crazy depressive. I have been slowly suppressing my empathy because just looking at the data and imagining and experiencing almost everyday people living dirty on the street, without having any power to do anything and being constantly worried by my own situation, having to stay shut up as much as possible to not ruin my own situation, and yet still listening to a whole ton of speeches like that and seeing it getting worse. It hhuurrrttttts to the deep of the heart. I am not really an empath, but just having some of it is painful already. Empaths on this country very likely kill themselves because of that pain. So, please, dont support that speech, at least save your country real opportunities (and not the fake ones they will spread to say that everyone have) because USA is already going the same path Brazil is. If you guys there let that speech of "if the rich are doing okay, than thats a good sign, high inequalty means that the rich are doing great, then the nations is doing fine" things will go downhill. If anyone even says that, "higher inequalty, higher the richer, the better" suggest them to move to Brazil or South Africa, because that where they should go by this very rational (but manipulated) affirmation. This is what happens in a nation with people with too much ambitions (aka greed).

PS: I know that you may not have any bad intention by the words in other threads, but, you know, this kind of annoyed me... Maybe I should leave the thread because remembering hurts, awareness has been with zero use. I should just wait the OP answer my question...

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
About the first case, you are being realistic, some of these 1%ers (in world scale, in US that should be 10%ers or 5%ers) have eerything yet they really waste their life and make their own life miserable. Im remembering Howard Hughes right now...

But this second part of lazyness, geee... You are living in the US, right?
In terms of stats, the wage slavery can somewhat be readble through statistics and measured by low amount of GDP per capita combined with Gini coefficient. Its increasing over the world, however, you in US, although you have some Gini, the GDP per capita has a good amount of it. However, in my country, Brazil, have the a slightly below average GDP per capita and one of the highest income inequalty through different measures (in 1%ers, only lose to Chile;in Gini, only lose to South Africa). For you to have a bright idea, half of brazilians does 5k early (f-i-v-e) through official channels, 6k in my own estimation considering illegal activities. At the same time, the 1%ers here makes the same amount of 1$ers in France and in good part of Europe. Since 2014 Crisis, the 90% poorer population became something like 15% poorer while the 1%ers are 10% more rich and growing. Banks are having record profit.

The speech you done in the end about lazyness is what is done here to exploit people. People working 8-10 hours, 6 days, having 3k, 4k, 5k yearly and they go with the brazilian lazyness speech (that doesnt prove with statistics; People in Holland are lazy, they work 30 hours a week in average and they do just fine). They convince people that they deserve it, just like you were trying to do! I mean no offense, but, please, dont support their terrible speech at least.

Now, this is annnoying, disgusting, depressing, because although not you but asynartetic mentioned lack of empathy, a person with real empathy and that can see it clearly - I do through data - really goes crazy depressive. I have been slowly suppressing my empathy because just looking at the data and imagining and experiencing almost everyday people living dirty on the street, without having any power to do anything and being constantly worried by my own situation, having to stay shut up as much as possible to not ruin my own situation, and yet still listening to a whole ton of speeches like that and seeing it getting worse. It hhuurrrttttts to the deep of the heart. I am not really an empath, but just having some of it is painful already. Empaths on this country very likely kill themselves because of that pain. So, please, dont support that speech, at least save your country real opportunities (and not the fake ones they will spread to say that everyone have) because USA is already going the same path Brazil is. If you guys there let that speech of "if the rich are doing okay, than thats a good sign, high inequalty means that the rich are doing great, then the nations is doing fine" things will go downhill. If anyone even says that, "higher inequalty, higher the richer, the better" suggest them to move to Brazil or South Africa, because that where they should go by this very rational (but manipulated) affirmation. This is what happens in a nation with people with too much ambitions (aka greed).

PS: I know that you may not have any bad intention by the words in other threads, but, you know, this kind of annoyed me... Maybe I should leave the thread because remembering hurts, awareness has been with zero use. I should just wait the OP answer my question...

I stopped reading after the firs5 sentence of the second paragraph, the part you either, out of willing ignorance or just a burning desire to argue neglected the many disclaimers I added about not generalizing or knowing everyone’s situation. Do you think I added them for my health?
I am well aware that wage slavery exists and is a very, very real problem, one of the biggest issues currently affecting this country actually, and were I a tax payer and thus had opinions what mattered I’d fight tooth and nail to fight it. So spare me your lectures.

In many cases, it is not laziness. But for those.....ah you read my post, I’m not going to explain what I already have.