• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you were God, how would you create the universe?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I ask numerous earth shattering queries. One such open ended query comes in this context; “If you were God how would you create the universe?

My own given response is 1. Have Homo Sapiens reason bound.

2. Have no diseases afflict human-kind.

3. Have only NT’s with NF’s then our world would be heaven on earth in metamorphic term. Song, balladry, science and philosophy would be prevalent with mankind.

I watch many and numerable documentary. One stipulates that the human race is prone to superstitious belief in their system. My own take is the human animal in lessening a cognitive dissonance of what is not understood, filter in ‘hypothesis,’ in metaphorically frame work.

Vikings of Scandinavian and Germanic people’s spoke of thunder emanating from the upper heaven as a result of Thor. Thor who rode in a chariot by two ram beasts. I also have witnessed religion take and borrow from percussed older believed in system in belief.

Egypt forerunners alongside Zoroastrianism held of the monotheistic God prior to Judaic.

I have written an article saying and this is according to Theologians of high pedigrees that Judaism and Christianity are two different religious system of beliefs. In the old Judaic Old Testament God was a God with wrath as well alongside jealousy. A God which smote Assyrian armies, the enemies of the Jews.

Jesus to myself is a role model and a Prince of peace indeed. My favorite of all the biblical books is The Gospel of John, ironic due to according to research methodology by Professor Keirsey NT (Intuitive Thinker) 40 research years done that John was INFP as is my own being.

I have read from a plethora of wisdom based sources. So I have read philosophy, psychology, comparative religions in the world as well Secular quotable’s. I love Jesus teachings. I however hold true those of a not supernatural lean toward. Too me Jesus is the Agape of compassion and as well love. On the contrary I favor western societies (R.E.B.T.) Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy by Dr. Albert E. Ellis.

I’ve read A New Guide To Rational Living and Reason and Emotion In Psychotherapy. Both written by Dr. Ellis. Along also CBT Dr. David B. Burns Feeling Good:New Mood Therapy and Feeling Good Handbook. These particular notable books rank #1 and #2 of a list of over 1,000 self help books in the psychology field by written by Dr. David B. Burns MD.

I brought the psychology written source to parallel Eastern Buddhism’s Mindfullness. In Westerners approach of R.E.B.T. with C.B.T. lies a list of termed cognitive distortions. I take what I find sensible from the various religious and secular quotes.

I do not however dogmatically give 100% dogmatic approach to any discipline. All religious text have the fallibility of a human being with human failing. Thus there is no full proof true religion. We can not know the mind of God. In all the religions there lay scripture of what are (cognitive distortions); ‘All or Nothing or rather Black and White thought process,’ with a host of ‘Generalizations,’ Both are in cognitive error.

I have found in researches those individuals that believe in a just and fair world tend to by scientific research to tend and be far more judgmental. Blame the victim as it were. Those who holding to some dogmatic position can be judgmental. People being varied and to a degree polarizing, one can’t make all or nothing claim. It is in error.

I like Marcus Aurelius, a Roman Emperor and the most famed of the Stoic branch of philosophy with his book meditations still a modern day best selling book. He said approximately live each day as best one can and when we die we’ll find out either way.

Also I’m fond of Hinduism in their approach of there are many paths to the top of the mountain. Let’s all meet on a common ground in humanity. I personally find dogmatist both the atheist trying changing one who has belief along those who try to save another beings soul by attempting conversion. Let each believe what they do but seek to find commonality.

Lark

I dont think it would be too different to as it is right now, perhaps I would make the existence of an afterlife or quantum immortality more of an obvious fact.

Besides that everything as it is right now serves its separate purposes, improving or spoilation is pretty much the work of man and not God which I believe is as it ought to be in the temporal sphere.

There's a good episode of Futurama in which Bender gets lost in space and encounters what could be God or the remains of a communication satellite which has collided with God and it explains a lot of this in pretty basic ways, it was a good episode.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmm... honestly? I wouldn’t create the universe any differently from the way God created it.

Why? Because I think God created the universe perfectly. And He/She/It gave us free will. We have the power to decide who and what we are relative to any given moment in our lives. Each one of us has tremendous potential simply because of the way we - let alone the universe - were created.

Could God have created anything They did not want to create? I believe everything has a reason behind it - that’s why I’d create the universe exactly the same way.

(Btw if you’re interested OP, I’d recommend the Conversations with God trilogy. Even if you don’t believe in much of it, the first three books cover a wide range of topics that are great discussion starters. :) :hug:)

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Hmm... honestly? I wouldn’t create the universe any differently from the way God created it.

Why? Because I think God created the universe perfectly. And He/She/It gave us free will. We have the power to decide who and what we are relative to any given moment in our lives. Each one of us has tremendous potential simply because of the way we - let alone the universe - were created.

Could God have created anything They did not want to create? I believe everything has a reason behind it - that’s why I’d create the universe exactly the same way.

(Btw if you’re interested OP, I’d recommend the Conversations with God trilogy. Even if you don’t believe in much of it, the first three books cover a wide range of topics that are great discussion starters. :) :hug:)

I am an empiricist from the philosophical branch in philosophy. By scientists of higher acedemic circles it has been determined by prior to a human being making a free choice, decision or behavior that it’s already first determined on an unconscious base of a nature as well nurture paradigm incorporated in a human person’s belief system.

Vilku

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

i second to this.
i however dont think id be able to follow gods path/plan if he wasnt here.
thus, i think i would recreate a real fillory. who doesnt love fillory? ;)

also, free will would be no more. everyone is now granted absolute perfection. parasitic species removed. including humans. your soul would reincarnate to other species, of your choice. youd be allowed to create new species freely, by snapping your fingers.

oh capitalism disappeared. what? is communism the only way left? YAP!

trump is now the king of everything. no more elections.

einstein is revived. so is hitler. who is now the nicest person on earth, as is everyone else due the disappeared free will.

joan of arc is now the prime minister of everything.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am an empiricist from the philosophical branch in philosophy. By scientists of higher acedemic circles it has been determined by prior to a human being making a free choice, decision or behavior that it’s already first determined on an unconscious base of a nature as well nurture paradigm incorporated in a human person’s belief system.

Hmm, I suppose - but then this is also discussed in the CWG trilogy. In a nutshell, behind every thought, word and deed is an underlying “first” thought. With that said, we still have the power to change the way we behave, by changing what we believe. This is something fundamentalists and terrorist leaders use to their advantage, for example - to your followers, how do you justify hating other groups outside your own (or killing others and/or themselves, in the case of terrorism) unless you can convince them that such is allowed in God’s name?

Edit: I’m not saying that the books are right or wrong here - I genuinely wish to start an honest discussion and see other people’s opinions and perspectives on this too. :heart:

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As a series of experiments that all serve a purpose and culminate into an ultimate totality. I'd oversee and observe with many underlings overseeing and observing that of which I care less about. Possess power and secrets and implant myself in many avenues to influence then study the effects of the influences and others influences. To find the line of "despair" and "beauty" and an ultimatum that arises from the balance of it all. And those who see, will gradually achieve higher rewards and gifts. My existence would exist as a force experience life as smaller aspects of myself among them to entertain myself, and learn, and grow just as they would. Because as a God, I would have the wisdom to know that I am not perfect. And create myself a wife as well who would represent another aspect of my balancing formula and experiment. It would be fascinating. I would share with those who seek, and not share to those who don't. I don't believe in a perfect world, but an ever evolving and self evolving one with self evolving creatures. That of which I would see as beauty and expand it all to find the ultimate highest form of existence if at all possible. So I guess I would be the God of Fortune, Gnosis, and Change
maxresdefault.jpg

Maybe it seems "wrong" but the world to me isn't black and white. Idk if I would stop all negativitiy in the universe for without that we would not grow, like in terms of negativity not existing only positive? Seems a stagnant concept and a bit brainwashy wishy washy. But I'd stop it from abuse, and give fortune and protection when something is unjustified. Which a lot of things in this world are. And those unjustified would not have my favor. And sure, it would 'depend' on what I see as what I suppose, but I'd be constantly evolving and have good intentions and probably be learning myself. And be aiding in guiding the evolution of many so they can grow and become better. As for beyond, idk. It may never end.

IF I was perfect I wouldn't probably need to have specific answers cuz everything would just be solved and perfect I suppose.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Look dude. I respect you trying to have some kind of idealistic utopia in the world, but I think it's pretty shitty that you feel an entire group of people have no place in your perfect world.

I’d think the greatest thought ever imagined and my godly head would explode from the magnitude of it’s implications. That explosion would expand outwards in all directions and accelerate as it spread. We’re living in the aftermath of a killing thought everyone.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not sure the thought would even occur to me, were I God.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Keep everything the same, but provide a real heaven. But not tell anyone how to get there, or leave hints. The way is just being a good person, living in harmoney with nature etc. Bad people have to reincarnate till they learn to be good people.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I'd make every corner habitable; right now, places like Antarctica are pointless. I'd probably put in a couple more sentient species like Smurfs and maybe Oompa-Loompas and everyone would speak English. I'd double the lifespan of cats and dogs and give everyone an extra pair of organs so drunks don't have to worry about their liver, but we'd have to keep the population under control so I'd have to create about 1,000 Godzilla level monsters to eat humans.

Edit: 1 in 10 humans would be Alyson Hannigan; sorry, I'm biased towards cute things.

Last edited:

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd make every corner habitable; right now, places like Antarctica are pointless. I'd probably put in a couple more sentient species like Smurfs and maybe Oompa-Loompas and everyone would speak English. I'd double the lifespan of cats and dogs and give everyone an extra pair of organs so drunks don't have to worry about their liver, but we'd have to keep the population under control so I'd have to create about 1,000 Godzilla level monsters to eat humans.

So you want us to live in an Anime? Count me in.