• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you were God, how would you create the universe?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So you want us to live in an Anime? Count me in.

3o7kjv.jpg

But I KNOW you will push the button, because ... *clenches fist* All of humanity's sacrifice that took us here! We can reach the stars of tomorrow and beyond, with love and friendship! I know things will be okay because your friends will always be there with you! *tears up* AND THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET TH-

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
3o7kjv.jpg

But I KNOW you will push the button, because ... *clenches fist* All of humanity's sacrifice that took us here! We can reach the stars of tomorrow and beyond, with love and friendship! I know things will be okay because your friends will always be there with you! *tears up* AND THAT YOU WILL NEVER FORGET TH-

Bring on the Traps!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd make the concept of karma a bit more tightly packaged. I'd like to see cruel people get their 'what for's' a bit quicker. It takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasaaaaaaaaaaaay tooooooooooooooo looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong in this current universe.

Also, I'd make a universe where animals don't need to eat other animals. WTF

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Look dude. I respect you trying to have some kind of idealistic utopia in the world, but I think it's pretty shitty that you feel an entire group of people have no place in your perfect world.

No one would be excluded unless they're shitty people though. Effectively murderers, rapists, and stuff. You know, the kind that disjoint and mess up the workings of an effective functional society and have every choice to not do so, but do so.

Though if we take into account the reincarnation cycle, they'd eventually come around (probably). Because reincarnation is it's own spiritual evolution as well. At least it would be useful that way. I wouldn't be focused on earth alone though, there are other planets and life too. Or if not I'd likely create some.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Everyone would be pretty. All boobies would be the same size but come in different shades, same goes for dicks.

No one would get lame diseases like Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s or STDs

Steaks would be dispensed from ATM-like machines instead of from cows. Food that is good for you would taste good and unhealthy food would literally taste like poop.

Free head for everyone

The Cat

Staff member
No one would be excluded unless they're shitty people though. Effectively murderers, rapists, and stuff. You know, the kind that disjoint and mess up the workings of an effective functional society and have every choice to not do so, but do so.

Though if we take into account the reincarnation cycle, they'd eventually come around (probably). Because reincarnation is it's own spiritual evolution as well. At least it would be useful that way. I wouldn't be focused on earth alone though, there are other planets and life too. Or if not I'd likely create some.

Not talking to you. But the op.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everyone would be pretty. All boobies would be the same size but come in different shades, same goes for dicks. No one would get lame diseases like Parkinson's or Alzheimer's or STDs Steaks would be dispensed from ATM-like machines instead of from cows. Food that is good for you would taste good and unhealthy food would literally taste like poop. Free head for everyone
I have to say. You are definately, "a-head" of the game with this one, mate.

All boobies would be the same size

But but I like the wondrous variety of boobies! It’s not all about size. There’s shape and firmness to consider too. Bigger is not necessarily better when it comes to boobies.

Yes, that is all I took away from his comment. I’m sometimes horribly shallow. Sue me. (No don’t you’ll be wasting your time :D)

The Cat

Staff member
But but I like the wondrous variety of boobies! It’s not all about size. There’s shape and firmness to consider too. Bigger is not necessarily better when it comes to boobies.

Yes, that is all I took away from his comment. I’m sometimes horribly shallow. Sue me. (No don’t you’ll be wasting your time :D)

As someone who'se had to shop in big and tall since high school. I dont believe in one size fits all.
onion_hero_by_haveueverfall.jpg

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I didn't say they'd all have to be huge. Smaller is fine too.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This is what will unite humankind. A love of boobs.

The love of boobs is a niche form of Eros, as expounded upon in this post.

There's still three other forms of love: Storge, Philia, and Agape.

The lower animals are capable of expressing Storge, Philia, and Eros, but not Agape. Agape is unique to humans.

If any type of love would unite mankind, it would be Agape.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The love of boobs is a niche form of Eros, as expounded upon in this post.

There's still three other forms of love: Storge, Philia, and Agape.

The lower animals are capable of expressing Storge, Philia, and Eros, but not Agape. Agape is unique to humans.

If any type of love would unite mankind, it would be Agape.

It was a joke.

Though to be serious, boobs are not just sexual. Women do use them to feed babies.

á´…eparted

passages
Pretty much everyone here is answering the question if you were god how would you create the earth, which is a very interesting question for people to ponder, but it rather misses the mark of creating the universe. We are but a very, very small part of it, and depending on how you look at it, creating the universe would either be far more interesting and impactful, or far less interesting.

The universe (as far as we understand it) began with the big bang and a startlingly small number of parts. Pre-standard model particles were arguably less numerous and less complex. The interesting things in the universe are a product of emergence and it would sort of be impossible to do anything to meaningfully effect those - god or not - once things have run their course. Essentially, if you were god and wanted to create the universe as you want it to, you would need to set the initial conditions of the universe (a chaotic system subject to the butterfly effect) and to get what you want, you sort of need to know what is going to happen beforehand. The universe is infinite, and assuming you're all knowing and all powerful in order to create the universe as you see fit, doing so would seem rather... boring, since you'll be able to know everything already. It's almost like "what's the point if you know the end result?". It's a catch-22, you either know everything in order to create the universe as you want and thus would already know the end results, or you don't know everything and thus can't really create the universe as you see fit. Particularly for complex conscious life (the current furthest along known end of the emergent property chain, and ergo the hardest to control for based on setting the initial conditions) you couldn't really do it.

Based on this I would hazard to guess a intentioned purpose god who creates their own universe would be painfully... bored.

I'd rather make my own solar system. Which, I have actually done already a la world building. I would love to actually go in and see it in person. How enriching that would be...

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oooh I like this, very good points, so let's play with it

Yes there are other planets and in my opinion probably other life. If not I'd create them anyway. I'd likely get bored of earth and make other stuff eventually (which is why I'd have separate avatars or underlings, extensions of myself, maybe for each world I take interest in), trying to figure out my study, all I'd do is search for all eternity probably forever evolving and so it must be.

I'd rather not know perfectly how everything would play out cuz there would be no mystery and oh my goodness that would be BORING without it. I'd rather be an imperfect God than perfection. Like I said a perfect absolute being that can do literally anything has no reason for anything no purpose that makes any sense to me, cuz he is all and have no growth, no reason, no challenge, no mystery, nothing. There is no entertainment and no end. Evolution breathes purpose into us all. Something to strive for, without something to strive for what's the point of anything? Just playing sims I guess, and taking long naps out of boredom like Beerus even though you don't need it. Which also begs the question, if you could do ANYTHING does that mean you could rewrite yourself into limitations? Get rid of being omnipotent? Or do they not apply to you? Cuz as far as I know when you're omnipotent omniscient ect, no rule applies to you cuz you are beyond all existence. Or you are existence. Depending on interpretation. Sounds miserably boring.