User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Default What would you do instead?

If you (and only you this isnt a solving it for the world issue, for the purposes of this hypothosis, as far as you know only uoi have these abilities) no longer had to eat. Sleep? Breathe? You were still alive you just didnt need to do those things. What would you do? You could still do them and even take pleasure in them, like dream etc. But you didnt need to. What would you do?
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.
    I am Catstiel. I am an Angel of the Lord...
    Likes ThisName, Peter Deadpan, Ravenetta liked this post

Go on with life as normal, completely unhindered by those needs. Maybe if I wanted to particularly take advantage of them and if I also develop cold resistance I'd go up a mountain and stay there. If I did not need air (whatsoever), I'd assume things such as equalizing pressure would not matter. Maybe I'd go under the sea with minimal equipment, or shuttle myself into space (and return after).

To not need sleep, it seems to imply that there was no fatigue; sleeping would no longer be pleasurable because it will no longer function as respite or a way to restore energy, recover from any more negative sensation, and it would only be useful to pass time in a blink or dream. But would you sleep, really, if you could be doing just about anything else? Sleep is a handicap we have evolved to enjoy. I would definitely still eat. I do like tasting foods.
    S K Y K I N G
    I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was
    Likes The Cat liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

If I didnt need to eat; I would probably feed others when I was around. It would instantly be a huge budgetary advantage. I would never have to buy food again. I imagine I would store up quite a bit of reserve capital for other uses. If I didnt need to sleep. I suppose I would get a job in patrolling the woods or something. OR just studying or writing by night, maybe doing a lot of outdoor chores with some flood lights. I would probably just go out to where people are and not sleep I would dream occasionally for fun though. If I didnt need to breath, well, I would really start to explore, I would dive for epsloring under water caves and springs or work with treasure hunters i might justspend most of my time diving. But I would also explore deep places or high places. I would go everywhere. wandering the earth
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

Likes Luminous liked this post

@The Cat Question. I assume that since food is not needed, it must mean that the body and its structure and working has somehow become, and remained static (since you do not deteriorate). Does that mean immortality too? Invulnerability? Since food is needed for bulk and growth, does that mean that someone who is a thin midget will stay that way forever, or can you get ripped somehow? If you lose a leg, do you lose it forever? Asking for my space mission.
    S K Y K I N G
    I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was

MBTI
    Infp
    Enneagram
    925 sx/sp
    Socionics
    🐼 Fi

Assuming that I am not going to gain weight by eating, I would continue to eat because I love food. I wouldn't want to have to give up the pleasure and comfort of it.

Without needing sleep? That's very difficult for me to imagine. Even if I didn't need it physically, I think I'd need it emotionally/mentally. So I think I would probably spend much of that time either sleeping and dreaming or doing quiet things that didn't require much interaction with the outside world. If I had a willing partner, it could leave a lot of time for sex and other such sensual pleasures...
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶2w1✶X✶5w6⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I would utilize it fully. The not sleeping bit is a huge plus for working 2 jobs if one wanted to, have more alone time etc. But I question the validity of a proper experiment without a few questions answered.

Do you still feel fatigue? Do you feel satisfied after eating and drinking? Without no downsides, I assume there are little to no plus sides. Pleasure is one thing, but without struggle you essentially starve your brain of much more. You cannot define your existence with a single point. It would render you psychologically defunct without having to survive. Your entire existence is designed for the struggle, living, eating, breathing etc.

Essentially, you'd go mad if you didn't do it. Even if you didn't have to. I would take advantage of it when I needed to, but I couldn't not do those things. Its what makes us alive, and human.

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

With those cards only an idiot wouldn't knock on the NASA's door.
    Likes The Cat, Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
    Assuming that I am not going to gain weight by eating, I would continue to eat because I love food. I wouldn't want to have to give up the pleasure and comfort of it.

Without needing sleep? That's very difficult for me to imagine. Even if I didn't need it physically, I think I'd need it emotionally/mentally. So I think I would probably spend much of that time either sleeping and dreaming or doing quiet things that didn't require much interaction with the outside world. If I had a willing partner, it could leave a lot of time for sex and other such sensual pleasures...
    You still have your actual metabolism. You gain or lose weight as you gain or lose weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Grey View Post
    @The Cat Question. I assume that since food is not needed, it must mean that the body and its structure and working has somehow become, and remained static (since you do not deteriorate). Does that mean immortality too? Invulnerability? Since food is needed for bulk and growth, does that mean that someone who is a thin midget will stay that way forever, or can you get ripped somehow? If you lose a leg, do you lose it forever? Asking for my space mission.
    You're not immortal. You still age.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Likes Luminous liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    I would utilize it fully. The not sleeping bit is a huge plus for working 2 jobs if one wanted to, have more alone time etc. But I question the validity of a proper experiment without a few questions answered.

Do you still feel fatigue? Do you feel satisfied after eating and drinking? Without no downsides, I assume there are little to no plus sides. Pleasure is one thing, but without struggle you essentially starve your brain of much more. You cannot define your existence with a single point. It would render you psychologically defunct without having to survive. Your entire existence is designed for the struggle, living, eating, breathing etc.

Essentially, you'd go mad if you didn't do it. Even if you didn't have to. I would take advantage of it when I needed to, but I couldn't not do those things. Its what makes us alive, and human.
    No. you dont feel fatigue. Yes you can take pleasure with eating and drinking still gets you buzzed and you can still savor that sweet sweet fresh air while theyre still making it. You can still choose whether to drink coke or pepsi or both or neither. JFK was still assassinated and and there were two Darrens on bewitched. The only differences between the you in this hypothosis and the you of the real world is, you wouldnt need to eat, sleep, or breathe. You still could if you wanted to seem like everyone else.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

I’d probably still indulge in eating and drinking occasionally for enjoyment and to keep up the illusion that I still required both actions. Breathing would be the real problem. If you’re found unconscious and you still have a pulse but you aren’t breathing it may raise some questions.
    There is no mysterious essence we can call a 'place'. Place is change. It is motion killed by the mind, and preserved in the amber of memory.
    J. A. Baker