User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Code

  1. #1
    A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    13,476

    Default The Code




    We all have one. Deep down. A Code. Whether it's an iron clad set of rules we can set our watch to, or more like guidelines than rules... What are yours? How do you live with yourself? Did someone instill them in you or did you discover them within? Share your code. Now there's a thread for it.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

  2. #2
    Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,000

    Default

    Too much honesty.
    Perpetual mood


    “Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”


    - look it up yourself



  3. #3
    Shadow Sovereign Sung Jin-Woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    My code is written in an ancient language, that I cannot even read.
    “No matter how much we ask after the truth, self-awareness is often unpleasant. We do not feel kindly toward the Truthsayer.”
    ― Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune

  4. #4
    A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    13,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    My code is written in an ancient language, that I cannot even read.
    So how do you know it's your code? And if it is your code, and you cannot read it how do you follow it my sweet shadowdancer?
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me.

  5. #5
    Shadow Sovereign Sung Jin-Woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    So how do you know it's your code? And if it is your code, and you cannot read it how do you follow it my sweet shadowdancer?
    If it wasn't my code, what is it doing there? Also, you don't always need to understand a language to understand the feelings that it brings. I guess uh... follow your guts?
    “No matter how much we ask after the truth, self-awareness is often unpleasant. We do not feel kindly toward the Truthsayer.”
    ― Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune

  6. #6
    A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    13,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    If it wasn't my code, what is it doing there? Also, you don't always need to understand a language to understand the feelings that it brings. I guess uh... follow your guts?
    So, you would base your code on a random book just because it was there, and even though you couldnt read it, you'd remain convinced you were following it, because of your guts. Am I understanding you correctly Shadowdancer?
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me.

  7. #7
    Shadow Sovereign Sung Jin-Woo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te
    Posts
    2,972

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    So, you would base your code on a random book just because it was there, and even though you couldnt read it, you'd remain convinced you were following it, because of your guts. Am I understanding you correctly Shadowdancer?
    Well, no one taught me it. And if you put it that way, it kinda sounds like instinct. This is one of those things that is hard to explain. I can say that I observe, and learn about the world in a very passive way. I have most likely acquired wisdom from watching other people fuck up, drawing patterns and conclusions. But I did it subconsciously. I've no idea why I do it, or why I seem to experiment with the human condition as I do. I just have this feeling I am meant to understand everything, eventually, even if I hate it. I can't imagine life without that drive to find the ultimate truth.
    “No matter how much we ask after the truth, self-awareness is often unpleasant. We do not feel kindly toward the Truthsayer.”
    ― Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune

  8. #8
    A Bittersweet Symphony... The Mysterious Stranger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    13,476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sung Jin-Woo View Post
    Well, no one taught me it. And if you put it that way, it kinda sounds like instinct. This is one of those things that is hard to explain. I can say that I observe, and learn about the world in a very passive way. I have most likely acquired wisdom from watching other people fuck up, drawing patterns and conclusions. But I did it subconsciously. I've no idea why I do it, or why I seem to experiment with the human condition as I do. I just have this feeling I am meant to understand everything, eventually, even if I hate it. I can't imagine life without that drive to find the ultimate truth.
    Now that's what I'm talking about. I knew we'd get there together Good luck in your quest.
    I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me.
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. Cracking the personality type code
    By phobik in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-10-2015, 10:55 AM
  2. Code of the Sith
    By RaptorWizard in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 02:28 AM
  3. Proposed Changes To the Codes (To Preclude J/P Confusion)
    By "?" in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 10:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO