• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the society you live in Patriarchal or Matriarchal?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We are all aware that society has always been patriarchal in the past, but in your opinion, what system, patriarchal or matriarchal, do you think your particular country is living under now? Also, do you see this changing in the future and how/why?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
New Zealand:

Matriachal- If you could call Helen Clark a women. She's about as masculine as you can get.

Should change in a couple of weeks.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sweden is the only matriarchal society I can think of right now. The U.S. is still patriarchal but there is constantly an effort being made to change that. What make a society patriarchal vs. matriarchal is it's military. The more trained, present, and organized it's military (or militant groups) is, the more that society will be patriarchal. It is the threat of violence that makes a society patriarchal. A systemic dismantling from within of that threat of violence is how societies become matriarchal. And when a society is matriarchal, then they become at risk to those societies who are still patriarchal.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I live in the U.S., so yup, I definitely live in a patriarchal society.

Wait, did we have any founding mothers?!!?

Nope, we did not, so yeah, one vote for patriarchal. ;)

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
What's your definition of Matriachal/Patriachal?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
We are all aware that society has always been patriarchal in the past, but in your opinion, what system, patriarchal or matriarchal, do you think your particular country is living under now? Also, do you see this changing in the future and how/why?
Are there a lot of Amazonian tribals on the internet?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My family growing up was matriarchal. Men came and went, but women stayed. My own family might be more patriarchal because our structure is pretty traditional, but the pater familias does not abuse his position.