• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The THOT Process: A documentary about Modern day epidemic of Narcissism

"THOT" is a fairly new one for me. That just shows how old and out of touch I am with the "Strangest Youth Culture in History" (also a documentary by the channel that produced this one).
Either way, I've been vigilant about keeping my daughter away from these things or at least teach her about them from an Orthodox Christian worldview to the point that she polices herself in my absence. Not as a humblebrag, but as encouragement that it is possible for any Christian parents out in TypoC-land. I've noticed the children's programs and the subtleties being espoused on them. They teach them THOTtery from a young age, and as a Christian you cannot relegate the teaching of the Faith to once or twice/per week church visits and expect that to inoculate them from these demoniacs. We've got to live that life of constant prayer, fasting and alms-giving in order to battle these demons and our fallen natures. Not only bodily virginity, but spiritual virginity is what They aim to breach.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
"THOT" is a fairly new one for me. That just shows how old and out of touch I am with the "Strangest Youth Culture in History" (also a documentary by the channel that produced this one).
Either way, I've been vigilant about keeping my daughter away from these things or at least teach her about them from an Orthodox Christian worldview to the point that she polices herself in my absence. Not as a humblebrag, but as encouragement that it is possible for any Christian parents out in TypoC-land. I've noticed the children's programs and the subtleties being espoused on them. They teach them THOTtery from a young age, and as a Christian you cannot relegate the teaching of the Faith to once or twice/per week church visits and expect that to inoculate them from these demoniacs. We've got to live that life of constant prayer, fasting and alms-giving in order to battle these demons and our fallen natures. Not only bodily virginity, but spiritual virginity is what They aim to breach.

You heavily put an emphasis on your religiosity as your core identity while neglecting that you can address such subjects efficiently without incorporating any affiliations.
The problem with most of your subjects is that you tackle issues and thoughts as a Christian and present them to a heterogeneous audience.

With this put aside, I can say that I share some of your concerns, though they're not manifested in the same way nor come from the same place.

Attention seeking behavior is widespread and stems from different reasons depending on different individuals. It is destructive, unproductive, and the thirst never withers. I don't want to see any of my children competing for the spotlight for the sake of illusive and short-lived fame. I'd rather they pursue higher purposes, serve their raison d'être in their authentic self, and give to the world if they can as an act of gratitude.

Verily, this is one of the reasons why I had a focus to marry a woman content and grateful in nature, with great wisdom, a greater nurturing side, and even greater empathy. If I am to be the source of the forbidden instructions, she will balance that with her empathetic judgment.
Such teachings should not be forced upon children, nor should any of the parents be oblivious to them. The proper tools to deal with the nascent surge of this self-image hysteria that confines the minds in what is truly a self-loathing prison are a must-have at home instead of blaming schools, social media, and society for our shortcomings.

It is most unfortunate that not every parent will care enough to have a healthy relationship with their child and become their healthy model. Furthermore, society's shaming is hardly an incentive to progress and evolve.

You heavily put an emphasis on your religiosity as your core identity while neglecting that you can address such subjects efficiently without incorporating any affiliations.
The problem with most of your subjects is that you tackle issues and thoughts as a Christian and present them to a heterogeneous audience.

Forgive me, but this is the section to discuss religious topics, and as a Christian let me tell you that you are correct in saying I view and discuss things in this manner.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Forgive me, but this is the section to discuss religious topics,

True, but the section here is Spirituality, while your subject is Narcissism from a Christian point of view.
Narcissism can be addressed from neutral and objective angles.

If we had a Christianity sub-section, then there wouldn't be a problem.

and as a Christian let me tell you that you are correct in saying I view and discuss things in this manner. I believe that is part of what it means to be a "New Man" or "New Adam" if you'd permit.

I'm a spiritual man and I keep my beliefs to myself.
If you believe in God, then you should know that God favors those with acumen who speak with wisdom and a tongue known to all men.

You should also know that prophets lead a normal life and spoke normally with everyone else. There was no mention of religion to each thing they did or have to talk about. No pontifical I, or fixed views. That would've been ridiculous.

I understand your passion about your religion, but against your intentions, your arguments may come off as bigoted and dogmatic. Feel free to follow the path you see fit, however. We live and learn.

True, but the section here is Spirituality, while your subject is Narcissism from a Christian point of view.

If you believe in God, then you should know that God favors those with acumen who speak with wisdom and a tongue known to all men.

You should also know that prophets lead a normal life and spoke normally with everyone else. There was no mention of religion to each thing they did or have to talk about. No pontifical I, or fixed views. That would've been ridiculous.

I understand your passion about your religion, but against your intentions, your arguments may come off as bigoted and dogmatic. Feel free to follow the path you see fit, however. We live and learn.

I appreciate your concern, but I don't think I will deny my Lord in front of men least of all on TypoC where no harm can come to me for doing so.

2Fp7GRj.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

With this put aside, I can say that I share some of your concerns, though they're not manifested in the same way nor come from the same place.

Attention seeking behavior is widespread and stems from different reasons depending on different individuals. It is destructive, unproductive, and the thirst never withers. I don't want to see any of my children competing for the spotlight for the sake of illusive and short-lived fame. I'd rather they pursue higher purposes, serve their raison d'être in their authentic self, and give to the world if they can as an act of gratitude.

Verily, this is one of the reasons why I had a focus to marry a woman content and grateful in nature, with great wisdom, a greater nurturing side, and even greater empathy. If I am to be the source of the forbidden instructions, she will balance that with her empathetic judgment.
I share your concerns as well, including what you mention about religion. A Christian perspective is one way to view and to address these concerns, but hardly the only one. I find I often make the same choices or exhibit the same behaviors as those coming from quite different perspectives, which I see as just another illustration of what we have in common despite our significant differences.

Such teachings should not be forced upon children, nor should any of the parents be oblivious to them. The proper tools to deal with the nascent surge of this self-image hysteria that confines the minds in what is truly a self-loathing prison are a must-have at home instead of blaming schools, social media, and society for our shortcomings.

It is most unfortunate that not every parent will care enough to have a healthy relationship with their child and become their healthy model. Furthermore, society's shaming is hardly an incentive to progress and evolve.
I agree about the importance of parents, family, and home life. My main complaint about broader society - schools, media, etc. - is not that it fails to promote what you or I would consider sound and healthy values, but that they so often seem to undermine them, often very aggressively.

Forgive me, but this is the section to discuss religious topics, and as a Christian let me tell you that you are correct in saying I view and discuss things in this manner.
This is the subforum for discussion of matters spiritual and philosophical. There is more to spirituality than religion; more to religion than Christianity; and if we pull in philosophy, even more beyond all of that. Members are welcome to post from their own personal religious perspective, but that is neither universal nor required here.

I appreciate your concern, but I don't think I will deny my Lord in front of men least of all on TypoC where no harm can come to me for doing so.
What an odd comment, especially as I have yet to see anyone ask you to do so.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well, the source material that is the basis of the OP's argument is strongly Christian slanted so the argument is quite predictable and to steer it towards secular causes would be a fruitless endeavor.

This is the subforum for discussion of matters spiritual and philosophical. There is more to spirituality than religion; more to religion than Christianity; and if we pull in philosophy, even more beyond all of that. Members are welcome to post from their own personal religious perspective, but that is neither universal nor required here.

I assure you there's no big deal in my approaching this topic as a Christian.

What an odd comment, especially as I have yet to see anyone ask you to do so.

Because a Christian started a thread and spoke Christianese to other Christians in his OP and a TypoC member and a mod were both like:

xNqlLFd.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I assure you there's no big deal in my approaching this topic as a Christian.

Because a Christian started a thread and spoke Christianese to other Christians in his OP and a TypoC member and a mod were both like:
You were not told either of these things. People simply expressed different perspectives on the question, which is their prerogative, and is actually encouraged. If you are looking for persecution, you will need to look elsewhere.