User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Greed View Post
    is...is the op a serious person? it reads like people who thinks that all younger generations are influenced by satanic themes.
    You're acting like there isn't a Satanic agenda, with devious agents pulling the strings in perhaps every major power structure on earth.

It all seems so obvious, and it's a wonder that anyone could (so snarkily) deny that such a thing is taking place.
    the lone star flies alone

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    You're acting like there isn't a Satanic agenda, with devious agents pulling the strings in perhaps every major power structure on earth.

It all seems so obvious, and it's a wonder that anyone could (so snarkily) deny that such a thing is taking place.

Just if something is bad that doesn't make it automatically satanic.
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

are hangnails satanic?
    Likes Tater, Jaguar liked this post

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    ARCH

Given that it's not Satan's M.O. to act overtly within the world, and those who are able to see beyond the pale will notice the obvious. They will notice something is off-kilter, but will consistently resort to materialistic explanations disregarding the Occam's Razor of spiritual explanation.

Like a disease the symptoms are manifest physically, and so many presuppose a material cure. The trick is to cure the spiritual disease and not the physical symptoms. What is the cause of these symptoms? In the case of this thread: What is the cause of modern THOTery? Is it the fatherless? What is the cause of the fatherless?

Interesting side note: In the Bible, we read that the Church focused on caring for the Widows and Orphans as top priority. Orphans in those days meant the fatherless. Widows obviously are without a husband, so we have two tiers of people who without husbands and fathers were looked after by the Church. Are there any "modern families" in this society that are without husbands and fathers? Hmmmm....

The spiritual disease is the sin in all of us. Some relent and seek treatment of the disease (metanoia) of which the Church is the hospital, while others actively deny having the spiritual disease and reject the metaphysical cure. A small subset of those who deny the existence of this spiritual disease reject the notion of it due to the myriad of personal issues with regard to it. Still, others are ignorant of the fact they are diseased in the first place. The aim is not to reach those who freely deny the cure, but to reach the ignorant.

As with any addiction to material pleasure, the first step is to admit that there is an addiction.

"You cannot fight the enemy if you don't know/or admit who the enemy is." - Sun Tzu (probably)

The THOT Process documentary simply states that the outward manifestation of this disease of sin can take this particular form being enslaved to the disease-like parasite. I'm not saying I am free from this disease myself, but that we should seek daily to purge ourselves of it, or die trying.
    χρήστος ανέστη

Likes Radio Bob liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    Given that it's not Satan's M.O. to act overtly within the world, and those who are able to see beyond the pale will notice the obvious; although not everyone will make the connection. They will notice something is off-kilter, but will consistently resort to materialistic explanations disregarding the Occam's Razor of spiritual explanation.
    It's so frustrating when people deny spiritual explanations and say it's all material, resorting to the excuse "science says so". I wasn't always spiritual... I remember a time where I was skeptical, and I just had the ghost stories and etc. that people bring up going through my mind, leading to thoughts of "maybe it's real...", but after being confronted day after day by spiritual phenomena it's hard to stomach people denying it.

But it's worse when people defend self-interest-at-the-expense-of-others with the excuse "it's rational". Not knowing the nature of reality as far as the action of the spirit goes is one thing, because it's subtle, but denial of the truth of morality... is something that I just can't understand. And then being constantly bombarded with it by the media, by people in the community etc. is disheartening.

I get selfishness, I do... I mean we all see things from a limited perspective, and it's difficult to give up the pleasure of the moment for the greater good, but to act as if the greater good was irrelevant and as is the subject of this thread, to subvert what is good in a public format for the sake of serving self-interest and... dark forces... no no no

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    ARCH

It's so frustrating when people deny spiritual explanations and say it's all material.
    At first it is frustrating, but you eventually reach acceptance of their free will and leave it in God's Hands, which is why I said: "Found by God" as opposed to "Finding God." I refer to Post #32. This minute point was lost on several, albeit if they did notice the difference and proceeded to deny it, they are tacitly acquiescing to a claim of omniscience to their future selves which is difficult to predict given the nature of Free Will.

Still, I'm sure God will use them for His Own Good.

Discernment is key. We cannot know the trajectory of anyone's lives, not even our own.

And now, I defer to Father Spyridon to explain these concepts much better than I can:

χρήστος ανέστη

Likes Radio Bob liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Just if something is bad that doesn't make it automatically satanic.
    To some it does: Control freaks who engage in fear mongering.
    Likes Consilience, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You're acting like inference is an invalid way to go about things, but I guess that's just my inference.
    An inference, uncorroborated, is just one step away from an assumption. It is valid in the sense that you really do hold it, just as you feel what you feel. That doesn't mean it has any basis in fact, with "fact" here being what the other person directly stated.

Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    I agree with your sentiments and understand your intentions but for A LOT of religious people, especially Christians, critiquing how they apply their religiosity is almost akin to attacking a part of their identity. So, if that's the case, why would they change a part of who they are just because you are trying to enlighten them? That's why I called it a fruitless endeavor.... not because your points aren't valid.
    Sure - if some people want to view such a critique as a personal attack, they are free to do so. I don't see that as grounds to refrain from pointing out either logical inconsistencies or problems caused by their "application of religiosity". They don't have to agree with my criticism, but at least I am not about to take their disagreement personally.

Lack of confidence in one’s own spiritual beliefs doesn’t necessitate the policing of another’s spiritual expression. Everyone is on their own journey to be found by God. If the language doesn’t suit you, you can always move on and read it when you’re ready. Not all information need be consumed at once. What you need to know at a particular time will be revealed to you.
    If the language "doesn't suit", one can move on and find language that does. God's attempts to "find us" are hardly limited to one culture or religious tradition. God persists/has persisted over the millenia, appealing to every age and culture in a way appropriate to it that nonetheless contains the same fundamental constants/truths. Lack of confidence in one's own spiritual beliefs often does manifest in repeated, public, and vocal religious self-identification. I find the confident faithful more likely to witness quietly, by example.

Ok. Then, they could’ve shared their own perspective without the policing of others. You lack neutrality.
    They did. Their position was that the Christian perspective is not the only way to approach the issue. Clearest way to make this point is simply to state it.

It's so frustrating when people deny spiritual explanations and say it's all material, resorting to the excuse "science says so". I wasn't always spiritual... I remember a time where I was skeptical, and I just had the ghost stories and etc. that people bring up going through my mind, leading to thoughts of "maybe it's real...", but after being confronted day after day by spiritual phenomena it's hard to stomach people denying it.

But it's worse when people defend self-interest-at-the-expense-of-others with the excuse "it's rational". Not knowing the nature of reality as far as the action of the spirit goes is one thing, because it's subtle, but denial of the truth of morality... is something that I just can't understand. And then being constantly bombarded with it by the media, by people in the community etc. is disheartening.

I get selfishness, I do... I mean we all see things from a limited perspective, and it's difficult to give up the pleasure of the moment for the greater good, but to act as if the greater good was irrelevant and as is the subject of this thread, to subvert what is good in a public format for the sake of serving self-interest and... dark forces... no no no
    You are mixing up several things here. Selfishness is not the same as giving in to the pleasure of the moment. Rational, premeditated self-interest would already be an improvement on that, but is more than many people can muster. Similarly, having the intention of acting for the greater good by no means guarantees that one's actions will actually promote that. We all know what paves the road to hell. Just as we need science and spirituality, we need good intentions and rational execution. The right tool for the job, used in proper combination.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Consilience liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Sure - if some people want to view such a critique as a personal attack, they are free to do so. I don't see that as grounds to refrain from pointing out either logical inconsistencies or problems caused by their "application of religiosity". They don't have to agree with my criticism, but at least I am not about to take their disagreement personally.
    In challenge lies opportunity.
    Likes phobik liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis
    An inference, uncorroborated, is just one step away from an assumption. It is valid in the sense that you really do hold it, just as you feel what you feel. That doesn't mean it has any basis in fact, with "fact" here being what the other person directly stated.
    I meant valid in the sense of leading to truth. Focusing specifically on facts is very Sensor, and Intuition is the other side of the coin.