User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    But based on the video and subsequent responses, I doubt the OP would be open to that. That's what I am arguing.😁
    I know, but I claim there is one more extra layer in this.

Regarding the topic: yes, modern western culture evidently has a problem with narcissism, since paradigm is that we should all become celebrities and funky entrepreneurs. What simply isn't technologically realistic because most need to do something more concrete for a living for system to work.

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

Lack of confidence in one’s own spiritual beliefs doesn’t necessitate the policing of another’s spiritual expression. Everyone is on their own journey to be found by God. If the language doesn’t suit you, you can always move on and read it when you’re ready. Not all information need be consumed at once. What you need to know at a particular time will be revealed to you.
    χρήστος ανέστη

Likes Radio Bob liked this post

No, "everyone" isn't.

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Someone wanted to point out that the Christian perspective is not the only way to approach the issue.
    Ok. Then, they could’ve shared their own perspective without the policing of others. You lack neutrality.
    χρήστος ανέστη

is...is the op a serious person? it reads like people who thinks that all younger generations are influenced by satanic themes.

disclaimer: haven't watched the video because i don't care enough. i'm just so amused that the op in this thread seems like a real person.

anyone seen this classic vid? it's what op reminds me of.

also note, i'm not trying to say that all christinas are insane. it just amuses me when i see insane people.
    Likes Tater, Saprophytic Aphrodite liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    Lack of confidence in one’s own spiritual beliefs doesn’t necessitate the policing of another’s spiritual expression. Everyone is on their own journey to be found by God. If the language doesn’t suit you, you can always move on and read it when you’re ready. Not all information need be consumed at once. What you need to know at a particular time will be revealed to you.
    God and religion have never meshed with me personally and when I found out that I didn't need to follow religion, I genuinely felt liberated and more like myself instead of forcing myself to believe things that didn't connect with me. Being atheist is the most comfortable with me and my own value system. So no, I will never be on a journey to find God.

That said, I still occasionally like to listen to contemporary Christian music and research religions for knowledge.
    Likes Tater, Luminous, Methylene liked this post

I'm dropping this sacreligious meme off as this pastor tells me his missionary story at the airport.

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

Softserve Ice Cream Agent Washington's Avatar

Well, this thread would've probably gone that direction as soon as the words "spiritual virginity" popped up. Which is right in the first post.
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    I'm dropping this sacreligious meme off as this pastor tells me his missionary story at the airport.

Of course He uses the Nokia, it lasts for an eternity...
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

Do we want to remind you of something? Yes: the world is good and we belong here.
    - Richard Siken
    Likes Luminous liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Greed View Post
    is...is the op a serious person? it reads like people who thinks that all younger generations are influenced by satanic themes.

disclaimer: haven't watched the video because i don't care enough. i'm just so amused that the op in this thread seems like a real person.

anyone seen this classic vid? it's what op reminds me of.

also note, i'm not trying to say that all christinas are insane. it just amuses me when i see insane people.
    There's a particularly vocal subset of Christians that are Exactly Like That. Though the Justin Of Wherever is probably overdoing it.
    There's no love in fear.
    - Tool

- Richard Siken