• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The THOT Process: A documentary about Modern day epidemic of Narcissism

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
is...is the op a serious person? it reads like people who thinks that all younger generations are influenced by satanic themes.

You're acting like there isn't a Satanic agenda, with devious agents pulling the strings in perhaps every major power structure on earth.

It all seems so obvious, and it's a wonder that anyone could (so snarkily) deny that such a thing is taking place. :shock:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You're acting like there isn't a Satanic agenda, with devious agents pulling the strings in perhaps every major power structure on earth.

It all seems so obvious, and it's a wonder that anyone could (so snarkily) deny that such a thing is taking place. :shock:

Just if something is bad that doesn't make it automatically satanic.

Given that it's not Satan's M.O. to act overtly within the world, and those who are able to see beyond the pale will notice the obvious. They will notice something is off-kilter, but will consistently resort to materialistic explanations disregarding the Occam's Razor of spiritual explanation.

Like a disease the symptoms are manifest physically, and so many presuppose a material cure. The trick is to cure the spiritual disease and not the physical symptoms. What is the cause of these symptoms? In the case of this thread: What is the cause of modern THOTery? Is it the fatherless? What is the cause of the fatherless?

Interesting side note: In the Bible, we read that the Church focused on caring for the Widows and Orphans as top priority. Orphans in those days meant the fatherless. Widows obviously are without a husband, so we have two tiers of people who without husbands and fathers were looked after by the Church. Are there any "modern families" in this society that are without husbands and fathers? Hmmmm....

The spiritual disease is the sin in all of us. Some relent and seek treatment of the disease (metanoia) of which the Church is the hospital, while others actively deny having the spiritual disease and reject the metaphysical cure. A small subset of those who deny the existence of this spiritual disease reject the notion of it due to the myriad of personal issues with regard to it. Still, others are ignorant of the fact they are diseased in the first place. The aim is not to reach those who freely deny the cure, but to reach the ignorant.

As with any addiction to material pleasure, the first step is to admit that there is an addiction.

"You cannot fight the enemy if you don't know/or admit who the enemy is." - Sun Tzu (probably)

The THOT Process documentary simply states that the outward manifestation of this disease of sin can take this particular form being enslaved to the disease-like parasite. I'm not saying I am free from this disease myself, but that we should seek daily to purge ourselves of it, or die trying.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Given that it's not Satan's M.O. to act overtly within the world, and those who are able to see beyond the pale will notice the obvious; although not everyone will make the connection. They will notice something is off-kilter, but will consistently resort to materialistic explanations disregarding the Occam's Razor of spiritual explanation.

It's so frustrating when people deny spiritual explanations and say it's all material, resorting to the excuse "science says so". I wasn't always spiritual... I remember a time where I was skeptical, and I just had the ghost stories and etc. that people bring up going through my mind, leading to thoughts of "maybe it's real...", but after being confronted day after day by spiritual phenomena it's hard to stomach people denying it.

But it's worse when people defend self-interest-at-the-expense-of-others with the excuse "it's rational". Not knowing the nature of reality as far as the action of the spirit goes is one thing, because it's subtle, but denial of the truth of morality... is something that I just can't understand. And then being constantly bombarded with it by the media, by people in the community etc. is disheartening.

I get selfishness, I do... I mean we all see things from a limited perspective, and it's difficult to give up the pleasure of the moment for the greater good, but to act as if the greater good was irrelevant :shocking: and as is the subject of this thread, to subvert what is good in a public format for the sake of serving self-interest and... dark forces... no no no

It's so frustrating when people deny spiritual explanations and say it's all material.

At first it is frustrating, but you eventually reach acceptance of their free will and leave it in God's Hands, which is why I said: "Found by God" as opposed to "Finding God." I refer to Post #32. This minute point was lost on several, albeit if they did notice the difference and proceeded to deny it, they are tacitly acquiescing to a claim of omniscience to their future selves which is difficult to predict given the nature of Free Will.

Still, I'm sure God will use them for His Own Good.

Discernment is key. We cannot know the trajectory of anyone's lives, not even our own.

And now, I defer to Father Spyridon to explain these concepts much better than I can:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You're acting like inference is an invalid way to go about things, but I guess that's just my inference.
An inference, uncorroborated, is just one step away from an assumption. It is valid in the sense that you really do hold it, just as you feel what you feel. That doesn't mean it has any basis in fact, with "fact" here being what the other person directly stated.

I agree with your sentiments and understand your intentions but for A LOT of religious people, especially Christians, critiquing how they apply their religiosity is almost akin to attacking a part of their identity. So, if that's the case, why would they change a part of who they are just because you are trying to enlighten them? That's why I called it a fruitless endeavor.... not because your points aren't valid.
Sure - if some people want to view such a critique as a personal attack, they are free to do so. I don't see that as grounds to refrain from pointing out either logical inconsistencies or problems caused by their "application of religiosity". They don't have to agree with my criticism, but at least I am not about to take their disagreement personally.

Lack of confidence in one’s own spiritual beliefs doesn’t necessitate the policing of another’s spiritual expression. Everyone is on their own journey to be found by God. If the language doesn’t suit you, you can always move on and read it when you’re ready. Not all information need be consumed at once. What you need to know at a particular time will be revealed to you.
If the language "doesn't suit", one can move on and find language that does. God's attempts to "find us" are hardly limited to one culture or religious tradition. God persists/has persisted over the millenia, appealing to every age and culture in a way appropriate to it that nonetheless contains the same fundamental constants/truths. Lack of confidence in one's own spiritual beliefs often does manifest in repeated, public, and vocal religious self-identification. I find the confident faithful more likely to witness quietly, by example.

Ok. Then, they could’ve shared their own perspective without the policing of others. You lack neutrality.
They did. Their position was that the Christian perspective is not the only way to approach the issue. Clearest way to make this point is simply to state it.

It's so frustrating when people deny spiritual explanations and say it's all material, resorting to the excuse "science says so". I wasn't always spiritual... I remember a time where I was skeptical, and I just had the ghost stories and etc. that people bring up going through my mind, leading to thoughts of "maybe it's real...", but after being confronted day after day by spiritual phenomena it's hard to stomach people denying it.

But it's worse when people defend self-interest-at-the-expense-of-others with the excuse "it's rational". Not knowing the nature of reality as far as the action of the spirit goes is one thing, because it's subtle, but denial of the truth of morality... is something that I just can't understand. And then being constantly bombarded with it by the media, by people in the community etc. is disheartening.

I get selfishness, I do... I mean we all see things from a limited perspective, and it's difficult to give up the pleasure of the moment for the greater good, but to act as if the greater good was irrelevant :shocking: and as is the subject of this thread, to subvert what is good in a public format for the sake of serving self-interest and... dark forces... no no no
You are mixing up several things here. Selfishness is not the same as giving in to the pleasure of the moment. Rational, premeditated self-interest would already be an improvement on that, but is more than many people can muster. Similarly, having the intention of acting for the greater good by no means guarantees that one's actions will actually promote that. We all know what paves the road to hell. Just as we need science and spirituality, we need good intentions and rational execution. The right tool for the job, used in proper combination.

Tater

Sure - if some people want to view such a critique as a personal attack, they are free to do so. I don't see that as grounds to refrain from pointing out either logical inconsistencies or problems caused by their "application of religiosity". They don't have to agree with my criticism, but at least I am not about to take their disagreement personally.

house_md_religious_en_500.jpg

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Coriolis said:
An inference, uncorroborated, is just one step away from an assumption. It is valid in the sense that you really do hold it, just as you feel what you feel. That doesn't mean it has any basis in fact, with "fact" here being what the other person directly stated.

I meant valid in the sense of leading to truth. Focusing specifically on facts is very Sensor, and Intuition is the other side of the coin.

1. If the language "doesn't suit", one can move on and find language that does. 2. God's attempts to "find us" are hardly limited to one culture or religious tradition. 3. God persists/has persisted over the millenia, appealing to every age and culture in a way appropriate to it that nonetheless contains the same fundamental constants/truths. 4. Lack of confidence in one's own spiritual beliefs often does manifest in repeated, public, and vocal religious self-identification. I find the confident faithful more likely to witness quietly, by example.

1. Or one can learn the language.

2. God did find/reach out to us when He Incarnated as the Theanthropos (Divine Person) Jesus Christ, not to be confused with a "manifestation of God" as some new-age religions refer to it. The Incarnation means that God spoke to us in a language we understand as social creatures: a Person who was born, who labored, who socialized, etc. This is why we say He condescended to us. Like God, when we speak words come forth, only His Word is the Divine Logos. In this case, as I type words come forth.

3.Perennialism would most easily apply to Latin heterodoxy (Roman Catholicism/Papism; Traditional & Novus Ordo, Protestantism; High & Low) being that they dogmatized Aquinas' view of Absolute Divine Simplicity. This means they don't distinguish between the Essence and Energies of God.

We don't believe in a Monad. Roman Catholics/Protestants, Muslims, and Jews might, but we don't. Monistic religions are easier to Perennialize.

4. Depends on the personality. We imitate a personality of God which is why we speak of God speaking through the Divine Logos, which is to say His Word.

They did. Their position was that the Christian perspective is not the only way to approach the issue. Clearest way to make this point is simply to state it.

Great. Thank you for reminding me that there are multiple religious perspectives in the world. However, I would say that only One is correct. Exclusivity is a much more socially powerful motivator than inclusivity which this thread and documentary addresses by discussing the psycho-spiritual effects of THOTery from the perspective that virginity is preferable.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
At first it is frustrating, but you eventually reach acceptance of their free will and leave it in God's Hands, which is why I said: "Found by God" as opposed to "Finding God." I refer to Post #32. This minute point was lost on several, albeit if they did notice the difference and proceeded to deny it, they are tacitly acquiescing to a claim of omniscience to their future selves which is difficult to predict given the nature of Free Will.

Still, I'm sure God will use them for His Own Good.

Discernment is key. We cannot know the trajectory of anyone's lives, not even our own.

And now, I defer to Father Spyridon to explain these concepts much better than I can:

An interesting occurrence just now:

I was thinking about the Buddhist saying "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener in a war". I forget what had prompted me to think about that, but I was focusing on it. I then thought "but in the life to come, there will be no war and we can be gardeners". What a surprise I had then when I went straight afterwards to watch this video and see what was said in it, and heard the mention of gardeners towards the end! Adam, the gardener in Eden; Jesus, mistaken for the gardener upon resurrection. I wonder what the meaning of the coincidence is?

[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION], sounds like you’re discerning wisely. I know the saying and it has truth in it. The warrior has peace in knowing he can defend himself if needed, while the gardener feels anxiety knowing he cannot. It’s rationally counterintuitive, and a great motivator to “grow some fangs.” There’s that word again: Grow.

Try to ponder on this and see where it takes you:

3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. 5 And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. 6 The hardworking farmer must be first to partake of the crops. 7 Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things. (2 Timothy‬ 2:3-7‬ NKJV)

Why is it that St. Paul is equating the spiritual life to a struggle?

Is it because anything worth having first requires from us blood, sweat, & tears? Perhaps.

Anything easily given is easily taken? Growth is difficult yet the net results are tangible, even priceless. Stasis is comfortable in the short term. This seems to be my experience.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
If anyone needs me, I'll be masturbating furiously while listening to "Stairway to Heaven" backwards on a record player I stole from a homeless amputee child with a one-eyed dog. Also, for no good reason, fuck shit suck my dick.

- - - Updated - - -

Should I post a titty picture now?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
"Here is a church, and here is a steeple
Open the doors, there are the people
And all their little hearts at ease
For another week's disease"

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=22833]Legion[/MENTION], sounds like you’re discerning wisely. I know the saying and it has truth in it. The warrior has peace in knowing he can defend himself if needed, while the gardener feels anxiety knowing he cannot. It’s rationally counterintuitive, and a great motivator to “grow some fangs.” There’s that word again: Grow.

Try to ponder on this and see where it takes you:

3 You therefore must endure hardship as a good soldier of Jesus Christ. 4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier. 5 And also if anyone competes in athletics, he is not crowned unless he competes according to the rules. 6 The hardworking farmer must be first to partake of the crops. 7 Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things. (2 Timothy‬ 2:3-7‬ NKJV)

Why is it that St. Paul is equating the spiritual life to a struggle?

Is it because anything worth having first requires from us blood, sweat, & tears? Perhaps.

Anything easily given is easily taken? Growth is difficult yet the net results are tangible, even priceless. Stasis is comfortable in the short term. This seems to be my experience.

I'll give it further contemplation, but a preliminary thought is that it seems to contrast with these verses:

"Matthew 11:28-30 New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”"

So a paradox is presented immediately: hardship is needed, yet the burden is light. I'm not sure of the solution here.

I'll give it further contemplation, but a preliminary thought is that it seems to contrast with these verses:

"Matthew 11:28-30 New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”"

—For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. - Matthew 11:30

''Therefore let everyone who wants life and desires to see good days put down the yoke of iniquity and malice. The prophet says, “Let us burst their bonds and thrust their yoke from us.” For unless one throws behind the yoke of iniquity, that is, the spark of all vices, one cannot take up the agreeable and light yoke of Christ. But if the yoke of Christ is so agreeable and light, how is it that divine religion seems so harsh and bitter to some people? It is bitter to some because the heart that has been tainted by earthly desires cannot love heavenly things. It has not yet come to Christ, so that it can take up his yoke and learn that he is gentle and humble of heart. Hence we observe, my dearest friends, from the teaching of our Lord, that unless a person is gentle and humble of heart, he or she cannot bear the yoke of Christ.,,

- Epiphanius the Latin - 407 AD

So a paradox is presented immediately: hardship is needed, yet the burden is light. I'm not sure of the solution here.

So, iniquity is our burden that we wrestle with all day/everyday. In that sense, we are "warriors" or "soldiers" for Christ. How difficult it is for us to keep not just our bodies, but also our thoughts/heart pure? Very.

21 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment.’ 22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, ‘Raca!’ shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, ‘You fool!’ shall be in danger of hell fire. --Matthew 5:21-22 (NKJV)

Hell fire is an interesting topic for another day. Briefly: The person who is known to be "Hot-headed" is experiencing and possibly suffering from the hellfire of his/her uncontrolled passion of anger because we love to be angry, don't we? We enjoy murdering and/or gossiping about those we are angry with in our mind and heart, and that anger comes out as tension we/others can sense. In these days, the majority of people look at the news channels to find a reason for their anger. I would say that anger is a great hobby for many in these days, and I am sure to be the worst offender of all. Lord have mercy.

The yoke of Christ rather, is humility and agape, and it must be maintained daily. Father Lazarus describes it as "Interior silence."

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I assure you there's no big deal in my approaching this topic as a Christian.

Because a Christian started a thread and spoke Christianese to other Christians in his OP and a TypoC member and a mod were both like:

xNqlLFd.jpg

lol American Christians are the most persecuted people on the planet!!!!

Except maybe Christians in the Middle East. Palestinians. Chinese Uyghurs . But who's counting right?

You don't like that ho over there culture? Don't participate in it. Don't allow your kid to be "soiled" by it. But don't tell others what to do and don't push your religion into it, although that's nearly impossible for many Christians to even consider. Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
[MENTION=14222]Justin of Flavia Neapolis[/MENTION]

With regards to anger, wasn't Jesus frequently "indignant", and then there's the incident where he drove the people out of the temple with a whip... surely anger can be justified in certain cases?

And iirc Jesus referred to the Pharisees as "fools", "hypocrites" etc.

--

Though I do agree that there's a connection to what I interpret hellfire to mean. Before anger surfaces, there is an internal sense of heat, and it feels like the expression of anger will add relief to this, like a pressure valve, but it's not uncommon for the outburst to lead one to an internal feeling of "facing judgement for one's actions", and not knowing if the expression was justified.