User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    True, but the section here is Spirituality, while your subject is Narcissism from a Christian point of view.
    Narcissism can be addressed from neutral and objective angles.

If we had a Christianity sub-section, then there wouldn't be a problem.

I'm a spiritual man and I keep my beliefs to myself.
    If you believe in God, then you should know that God favors those with acumen who speak with wisdom and a tongue known to all men.

You should also know that prophets lead a normal life and spoke normally with everyone else. There was no mention of religion to each thing they did or have to talk about. No pontifical I, or fixed views. That would've been ridiculous.

I understand your passion about your religion, but against your intentions, your arguments may come off as bigoted and dogmatic. Feel free to follow the path you see fit, however. We live and learn.
    I appreciate your concern, but I don't think I will deny my Lord in front of men least of all on TypoC where no harm can come to me for doing so.

χρήστος ανέστη

Quote Originally Posted by awbro View Post
    And...? I quite like zombies.
    Thank you for sharing.
    χρήστος ανέστη

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

You heavily put an emphasis on your religiosity as your core identity while neglecting that you can address such subjects efficiently without incorporating any affiliations.
    The problem with most of your subjects is that you tackle issues and thoughts as a Christian and present them to a heterogeneous audience.

With this put aside, I can say that I share some of your concerns, though they're not manifested in the same way nor come from the same place.

Attention seeking behavior is widespread and stems from different reasons depending on different individuals. It is destructive, unproductive, and the thirst never withers. I don't want to see any of my children competing for the spotlight for the sake of illusive and short-lived fame. I'd rather they pursue higher purposes, serve their raison d'être in their authentic self, and give to the world if they can as an act of gratitude.

Verily, this is one of the reasons why I had a focus to marry a woman content and grateful in nature, with great wisdom, a greater nurturing side, and even greater empathy. If I am to be the source of the forbidden instructions, she will balance that with her empathetic judgment.
    I share your concerns as well, including what you mention about religion. A Christian perspective is one way to view and to address these concerns, but hardly the only one. I find I often make the same choices or exhibit the same behaviors as those coming from quite different perspectives, which I see as just another illustration of what we have in common despite our significant differences.

Such teachings should not be forced upon children, nor should any of the parents be oblivious to them. The proper tools to deal with the nascent surge of this self-image hysteria that confines the minds in what is truly a self-loathing prison are a must-have at home instead of blaming schools, social media, and society for our shortcomings.

It is most unfortunate that not every parent will care enough to have a healthy relationship with their child and become their healthy model. Furthermore, society's shaming is hardly an incentive to progress and evolve.
    I agree about the importance of parents, family, and home life. My main complaint about broader society - schools, media, etc. - is not that it fails to promote what you or I would consider sound and healthy values, but that they so often seem to undermine them, often very aggressively.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    Forgive me, but this is the section to discuss religious topics, and as a Christian let me tell you that you are correct in saying I view and discuss things in this manner.
    This is the subforum for discussion of matters spiritual and philosophical. There is more to spirituality than religion; more to religion than Christianity; and if we pull in philosophy, even more beyond all of that. Members are welcome to post from their own personal religious perspective, but that is neither universal nor required here.

I appreciate your concern, but I don't think I will deny my Lord in front of men least of all on TypoC where no harm can come to me for doing so.
    What an odd comment, especially as I have yet to see anyone ask you to do so.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes 1487610420 liked this post

This is God awful.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    LSI Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Consilience View Post
    This is God awful.
    I c what u did there
    In challenge lies opportunity.
    Likes Consilience, 1487610420 liked this post

True, but the section here is Spirituality, while your subject is Narcissism from a Christian point of view.
    Narcissism can be addressed from neutral and objective angles.

If we had a Christianity sub-section, then there wouldn't be a problem.

I'm a spiritual man and I keep my beliefs to myself.
    If you believe in God, then you should know that God favors those with acumen who speak with wisdom and a tongue known to all men.

You should also know that prophets lead a normal life and spoke normally with everyone else. There was no mention of religion to each thing they did or have to talk about. No pontifical I, or fixed views. That would've been ridiculous.

I understand your passion about your religion, but against your intentions, your arguments may come off as bigoted and dogmatic. Feel free to follow the path you see fit, however. We live and learn.
    Well, the source material that is the basis of the OP's argument is strongly Christian slanted so the argument is quite predictable and to steer it towards secular causes would be a fruitless endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    This is the subforum for discussion of matters spiritual and philosophical. There is more to spirituality than religion; more to religion than Christianity; and if we pull in philosophy, even more beyond all of that. Members are welcome to post from their own personal religious perspective, but that is neither universal nor required here.
    I assure you there's no big deal in my approaching this topic as a Christian.

What an odd comment, especially as I have yet to see anyone ask you to do so.
    Because a Christian started a thread and spoke Christianese to other Christians in his OP and a TypoC member and a mod were both like:

χρήστος ανέστη

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    LSI Ti

In challenge lies opportunity.

Saprophytic Aphrodite Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Train to Busan is the zombie movie we all needed. And the one you need to board.

I am Satan.
    Perpetual mood

"It is not the personality's task to tell the truth,
    but to seem to, try to, or try to seem to."

Philip Trussell

Likes Consilience liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I assure you there's no big deal in my approaching this topic as a Christian.

Because a Christian started a thread and spoke Christianese to other Christians in his OP and a TypoC member and a mod were both like:
    You were not told either of these things. People simply expressed different perspectives on the question, which is their prerogative, and is actually encouraged. If you are looking for persecution, you will need to look elsewhere.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...