• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The THOT Process: A documentary about Modern day epidemic of Narcissism

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
You were not told either of these things. People simply expressed different perspectives on the question, which is their prerogative, and is actually encouraged. If you are looking for persecution, you will need to look elsewhere.

I don't think he was being implored to deny the Lord, but Sarcophagus basically said: don't mention it, don't speak from that perspective. The actual phrasing was along the lines of there being other ways to go about things, but that's the implication.

You were not told either of these things. People simply expressed different perspectives on the question, which is their prerogative, and is actually encouraged. If you are looking for persecution, you will need to look elsewhere.

Someone wanted me to put aside my Christian identity to discuss the topic:

You heavily put an emphasis on your religiosity as your core identity while neglecting that you can address such subjects efficiently without incorporating any affiliations.
The problem with most of your subjects is that you tackle issues and thoughts as a Christian and present them to a heterogeneous audience.

I declined noting that discussion from a Christian perspective is appropriate given the section were in.

Most of my thread topics/posts are from a Christian perspective. That much is certain given my post history. There’s no persecution here, but I enjoy you gracing us with your presence to moderate this touchy subject since it even brought out the Devil.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think he was being implored to deny the Lord, but Sarcophagus basically said: don't mention it, don't speak from that perspective. The actual phrasing was along the lines of there being other ways to go about things, but that's the implication.
That is your inference.

Someone wanted me to put aside my Christian identity to discuss the topic:

I declined noting that discussion from a Christian perspective is appropriate given the section were in.

Most of my thread topics/posts are from a Christian perspective. That much is certain given my post history. There’s no persecution here, but I enjoy you gracing us with your presence to moderate this touchy subject since it even brought out the Devil.
Someone wanted to point out that the Christian perspective is not the only way to approach the issue. Being expected "to deny your Lord" would be tantamount to persecution, and that was your original objection.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Well, the source material that is the basis of the OP's argument is strongly Christian slanted so the argument is quite predictable and to steer it towards secular causes would be a fruitless endeavor.

That doesn't diminish from the fact that those concerns are a worldly issue regardless of the source material. I can however see exactly why you would call that a fruitless endeavor and I'm sighing at that. Nevertheless, there's no harm in educating or simply sharing insight to make the dialogue a productive experience, and of course, in the end everyone does what he deems a best fit.

I appreciate your concern, but I don't think I will deny my Lord in front of men least of all on TypoC where no harm can come to me for doing so.

I do not deny God when I'm contributing in solving the issues of men while speaking their tongue. That is the very core of godly religions, to help mankind progress, and not to inflate God's ego. He doesn't need that. He doesn't need you nor want you to scream "I am a Christian. I am a Christian." at every opportunity.

You should probably examine the motivations behind your faith. You have clearly an identity problem.

An excessive attachment to religion is pure and simple fanaticism.
You're not immune to criticism because you identify as a Christian.

If you believe in God, you should know that God shall exist regardless of what we think. No one can deny you your right to embrace God, even if we wanted to. Spare us your drama now.

The subject is interesting and touches a very sensitive concern that many can relate to in their own way of being and expression.

Now that we have established that we couldn't care less about who you are, we can carry on.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That doesn't diminish from the fact that those concerns are a worldly issue regardless of the source material. I can however see exactly why you would call that a fruitless endeavor and I'm sighing at that. Nevertheless, there's no harm in educating or simply sharing insight to make the dialogue a productive experience, and of course, in the end everyone does what he deems a best fit.

I do not deny God when I'm contributing in solving the issues of men while speaking their tongue. That is the very core of godly religions, to help mankind progress, and not to inflate God's ego. He doesn't need that. He doesn't need you nor want you to scream "I am a Christian. I am a Christian." at every opportunity.

You should probably examine the motivations behind your faith. You have clearly an identity problem.

An excessive attachment to religion is pure and simple fanaticism.
You're not immune to criticism because you identify as a Christian.

If you believe in God, you should know that God shall exist regardless of what we think. No one can deny you your right to embrace God, even if we wanted to. Spare us your drama now.

The subject is interesting and touches a very sensitive concern that many can relate to in their own way of being and expression.

Now that we have established that we couldn't care less about who you are, we can carry on.

I agree with your sentiments and understand your intentions but for A LOT of religious people, especially Christians, critiquing how they apply their religiosity is almost akin to attacking a part of their identity. So, if that's the case, why would they change a part of who they are just because you are trying to enlighten them? That's why I called it a fruitless endeavor.... not because your points aren't valid.

*I am playing devil's advocate... I am an atheist.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I agree with your sentiments and understand your intentions but for A LOT of religious people, especially Christians, critiquing how they apply their religiosity is almost akin to attacking a part of their identity. So, if that's the case, why would they change a part of who they are just because you are trying to enlighten them? That's why I called it a fruitless endeavor.... not because your points aren't valid.

I know, silly. I meant I'm sighing just like you are.

Which really shouldn't change anything.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Well, that also depends on how exactly are you doing it, If you do it in a calm enough way you can shake up the person. Plus more importantly if you are good at this you many effect a person that is listening the conversation and it is in doubt about whatever the issue is. I did a number of "debates" on this site not really because of the person that is on the other side but because of "bystanders" that are in doubt. :confession:

I am playing devil's advocate as well.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, that also depends on how exactly are you doing it, If you do it in a calm enough way you can shake up the person. Plus more importantly if you are good at this you many effect a person that is listening the conversation and it is in doubt about whatever the issue is. I did a number of "debates" on this site not really because of the person that is on the other side but because of "bystanders" that are in doubt. :confession:

I am playing devil's advocate as well.

But based on the video and subsequent responses, I doubt the OP would be open to that. That's what I am arguing.😁

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
But based on the video and subsequent responses, I doubt the OP would be open to that. That's what I am arguing.😁

I know, but I claim there is one more extra layer in this.

Regarding the topic: yes, modern western culture evidently has a problem with narcissism, since paradigm is that we should all become celebrities and funky entrepreneurs. What simply isn't technologically realistic because most need to do something more concrete for a living for system to work.

Lack of confidence in one’s own spiritual beliefs doesn’t necessitate the policing of another’s spiritual expression. Everyone is on their own journey to be found by God. If the language doesn’t suit you, you can always move on and read it when you’re ready. Not all information need be consumed at once. What you need to know at a particular time will be revealed to you.

Greed

#1 thot
is...is the op a serious person? it reads like people who thinks that all younger generations are influenced by satanic themes.

disclaimer: haven't watched the video because i don't care enough. i'm just so amused that the op in this thread seems like a real person.

anyone seen this classic vid? it's what op reminds me of.

also note, i'm not trying to say that all christinas are insane. it just amuses me when i see insane people.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lack of confidence in one’s own spiritual beliefs doesn’t necessitate the policing of another’s spiritual expression. Everyone is on their own journey to be found by God. If the language doesn’t suit you, you can always move on and read it when you’re ready. Not all information need be consumed at once. What you need to know at a particular time will be revealed to you.

God and religion have never meshed with me personally and when I found out that I didn't need to follow religion, I genuinely felt liberated and more like myself instead of forcing myself to believe things that didn't connect with me. Being atheist is the most comfortable with me and my own value system. So no, I will never be on a journey to find God.

That said, I still occasionally like to listen to contemporary Christian music and research religions for knowledge.

Tater

I'm dropping this sacreligious meme off as this pastor tells me his missionary story at the airport.

shit-i-dropped-my-phone-fuck-haha-jesus-curses-haha-47744002.png

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Well, this thread would've probably gone that direction as soon as the words "spiritual virginity" popped up. Which is right in the first post.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
is...is the op a serious person? it reads like people who thinks that all younger generations are influenced by satanic themes.

disclaimer: haven't watched the video because i don't care enough. i'm just so amused that the op in this thread seems like a real person.

anyone seen this classic vid? it's what op reminds me of.

also note, i'm not trying to say that all christinas are insane. it just amuses me when i see insane people.

There's a particularly vocal subset of Christians that are Exactly Like That. Though the Justin Of Wherever is probably overdoing it.