User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 126

  1. #111
    awwwwwwwk Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    11,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asynartetic View Post
    Goy?
    I clicked on a random potion of the video. I heard the phrase "body-fixated Semitic narcissist" from the narrator (which pretty much told me I don't need to watch the rest of the video, which I suspect is half incel garbage, half Nazi propaganda). So yeah, he probably meant Goy.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  2. #112
    awwwwwwwk Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    11,191

    Default

    Aww, Flavia took down his post with his ravings about the Khazar empire (which didn't really address the fact that the narrator of the video has some interesting issues, to say the least). Shame. I would have had fun with that.

    I'll just say that I see lots of Arabs that look like Jews and vice versa. And you have blond and red-headed Arabs, too.
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  3. #113
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Thank you, Julius. Please pray for my girlfriend and I that we are able to maintain our celibacy until marriage. Lust is especially a weakness of mine and I can use all the help I could get. Thank you, and God bless! May you and your family never see harm and keep you under His protective wings. Amen 🙏🏼
    χρήστος ανέστη


  4. #114
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    Aww, Flavia took down his post with his ravings about the Khazar empire (which didn't really address the fact that the narrator of the video has some interesting issues, to say the least). Shame. I would have had fun with that.

    I'll just say that I see lots of Arabs that look like Jews and vice versa. And you have blond and red-headed Arabs, too.
    Correct. I had second thoughts about my reaction and was moved rather to turn the other cheek. Thank God for the delete option. And please forgive me for my offenses towards you.
    χρήστος ανέστη


  5. #115
    awwwwwwwk Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    11,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    Thank you, Julius. Please pray for my girlfriend and I that we are able to maintain our celibacy until marriage. Lust is especially a weakness of mine and I can use all the help I could get. Thank you, and God bless! May you and your family never see harm and keep you under His protective wings. Amen 🙏🏼
    I'm quoting this so you don't delete this one, also.

    THOT
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  6. #116
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I'm quoting this so you don't delete this one, also.

    THOT
    That’s fine. Take screen shots, too if you have that option on whatever device you’re on. I deserve the name calling for I am a sinner. The worst one of all.
    χρήστος ανέστη


  7. #117
    awwwwwwwk Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None
    Posts
    11,191

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    That’s fine. Take screen shots, too if you have that option on whatever device you’re on. I deserve the name calling for I am a sinner. The worst one of all.
    khazaria 4eva
    A path is made by walking on it.

    -Zhuangzi



  8. #118
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    khazaria 4eva
    God love you. 😊
    χρήστος ανέστη


  9. #119
    Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    854
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I agree. But the engagement he is getting is minimal. I'm sure he knew this before he posted the thread and already said...



    So the neutral approach doesn't work. The moral superiority approach doesn't work. The engagement on the topic is minimal and somewhat hostile (mostly due to the moral superiority aspect). So what do you see as the next step?
    Let's try the following.



    Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    Part of the purpose of this thread is that the "neutral ground" approach isn't working, obviously. If it was, this thread and/or the video in the OP wouldn't have been made.

    Now, by all means if you do have a spiritual worldview with which to approach this topic, please share it. That was my point originally when it seemed like we got off on the wrong foot earlier in this thread. Please forgive me for being so cryptic in my messaging.

    I disagree.

    One of the main aspects of a religion that does not seek to control and subdue the masses to its will is to provide solutions to humans' problems.
    Science, philosophy, and learning about the world through a neutral lens to find the existence of God in the details and trials was the path of the teachers who looked at themselves as students of life, and not as preachers.
    Simply share valuable knowledge, that is all.

    Approaching these symptoms scientifically (pharmacologically and psychologically) is considered "neutral ground" by those who hold to materialist metaphysics. A few pages back, I considered that we should be approaching these symptoms spiritually. The reason I'm approaching it through my worldview (Christianity) is because I am Christian, and that there is already a wealth of information and historical precedent in dealing with issues discussed in this thread within Christian history. It's actually quite a significant part of the Orthodox doctrine.
    Sure.

    There are many teachings that follow the path of logic and discipline without referring to spirituality, and other ways of being that can prevent the deterioration of one's psychological well-being without looking at it through a completely black and white moral prism.
    Many religious scripts include such teachings -teachings that others borrow- that are meant to be applied by anyone regardless of their faith.




    Now, it appears so far that we're sharing a common goal, which is to discuss the issue and find preventive measures of the Narcissism propaganda that has a disastrous domino effect on a global scale.

    We have two choices.

    -You can discuss Narcissism from a spiritual point of view and enjoy the chirping of crickets.
    Or
    -You can discuss Narcissism on a neutral ground as explained before, be open-minded, speak as a Christian if you want, and include everyone else in the conversation as long as we're trying to find practical solutions.

    We have nothing against someone who says "As a Christian, I think this epidemic marks the bane of society". On a round table, you will use acumen and logic to address these situations. Whether someone agrees with you on the spiritual components is irrelevant.

    Do you think you have what it takes to host this discussion without expecting everyone to address Narcissism as a "spiritual disease", setting aside all differences, and listen to everyone's opinion on the matter regardless of their references?
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.
    Likes Methylene liked this post

  10. #120
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    695

    Default

    @<a href="https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/34448.html" target="_blank">Sacrophagus</a>, yes, thank you.

    One of the main aspects of a religion that does not seek to control and subdue the masses to its will is to provide solutions to humans' problems.
    Science, philosophy, and learning about the world through a neutral lens to find the existence of God in the details and trials was the path of the teachers who looked at themselves as students of life, and not as preachers.
    "Religion" does the bolded: Psycho-spiritually. The statement redded may depend on the religion in question. Could you be more specific? Do you mean giving people a transcendent reason to "act right" and be virtuous? The rest is on-point in my opinion. Science was originally started by those pious and analytical souls who wanted to understand God on a deeper level, as students. The Scientific Method works in that context because the scientists are inclined to police themselves by honest inquiry and experimentation, because in their mind, they were studying the works of God. (it just so happened to be the "JUDEO_CHRISTIAN_ISLAMO.exe" one )

    But, let's say the scientists no longer held to the Logos of its past. Then, you'd expect the same sort of results in science as you see in the THOT videos. What would be the scientific equivalent of THOTTery? Could it be...rampant reporting of exploratory studies as facts? Violations of the method itself in order to be published? Violations of the peer review process by moneyed interests? Perhaps. Like I said in another thread: God is dead. The metaphysical foundations have been blown out from under the West, now each subsection of the culture is undergoing it's own little entropy.

    1,500 scientists lift the lid on reproducibility : Nature News & Comment
    Challenges in irreproducible research
    Science's 'Replication Crisis' Has Reached Even The Most Respectable Journals, Report Shows
    'Real' fake research hoodwinks US journals

    Scientific THOTTery, indeed.

    The Founding Fathers of the United States also presupposed a virtuous and informed public in order for this Democratic Republic to operate smoothly. God is dead, and now we have a Trump and a dead Epstein. Political THOTTery, indeed.

    "Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.... It is substantially true that virtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government." - George Washington's Farewell Address
    VIRTUE Among The People

    Whether they were deists or Episcopalian is besides the point.

    The subject of the socio-sexual THOTTery of this thread is just an "As above, so below" sort of thing. It's low-hanging fruit.

    Everyone is running around this forum like chickens trying to figure out what happened to the culture:

    Why the THOTs?
    Why Trump?
    Why mass-shootings?
    Why Incels?
    Why McDonald's?
    Why Miley Cyrus?
    Why the Kardashians?
    Why Fox News?
    Why CNN?
    etc.

    Maybe it's because God is dead?

    So, we discuss this on neutral ground: There's a problem we both see - I say it's a metaphysical problem. You say it's a psychological problem (from what I gather). I said psychology has been lobbing pills at people for the better part of two decades, with worsening results. I say again, that it's a metaphysical problem with physical (psychological) symptoms, you suggest we get back to neutral ground on the behest of ceecee (who obviously isn't paying attention, as you pointed out), and now we're here.

    The proposition was that these are all symptoms of an underlying spiritual issue: God is dead. The foundation of all being. You might've read about a certain parable of building a house on Rock or sand:

    “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”
    Do houses sit atop fences? Neither, are subjects tackled from "neutral ground." We all bring our own presuppositions to the fore.

    Men (and lions) plant flags and draw lines.



    Please share your *thoughts*. (I crack myself up)
    χρήστος ανέστη


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO