• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Precognition is almost here. Minority Report conditioning?

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm not even sure if AI programs can truly look forward to anything in the most human sense.

Expand on that.

AI will have enhanced metacognition abilities and self sustain their own environment with the least human interference. It will almost be made an entity that exists on its own.

Expand on that.

AI will have enhanced metacognition abilities and self sustain their own environment with the least human interference. It will almost be made an entity that exists on its own.

Sure,

AI can mimic the Nous, but it will not have the Pneuma unless it is given by God, and we (humans) are not God. *scrolls back up. Yep, philosophy section*

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Sure,

AI can mimic the Nous, but it will not have the Pneuma unless it is given by God, and we (humans) are not God. *scrolls back up. Yep, philosophy section*

Sure. I would still love to see the day AI has its own awareness. And if you can argue that only God has the power to bestow spirit on AI, then he shall through the devices of men to test them. It doesn't mean it's impossible.

Sure. I would still love to see the day AI has its own awareness. And if you can argue that only God has the power to bestow spirit on AI, then He shall through the devices of men to test them. It doesn't mean it's impossible.

*Tower of Babel. Men will try again and again, especially men who've forgotten our history. Hence our fallen state, and our unceasing attempt at grasping at a conception of Utopia without God.

Permabanned
There's a debate in the field about the awareness of the experience, not only in human, but other living creature. If it quacks like a duck, etc, is it really a duck, or just an AI of a duck? How to ever infer that, in any other life form? Maybe we can If( wokeAF) print("ye, I'm woke af fam, for reelz");.

History shows that it's likely we will make shit work before we fully grasp how it works tho, including just starting by making it look like the duck is quacking. Practically it'll probably not matter much, from an utilitarian pov.

There's a debate in the field about the awareness of the experience, not only in human, but other living creature. If it quacks like a duck, etc, is it really a duck, or just an AI of a duck? How to ever infer that, in any other life form? Maybe we can If( wokeAF) print("ye, I'm woke af fam, for reelz");.

History shows that it's likely we will make shit work before we fully grasp how it works tho, including just starting by making it look like the duck is quacking. Practically it'll probably not matter much, from an utilitarian pov.

Forgive me, but only smart people can be this dumb.

As it is written: God hath given them the spirit of stupor; eyes that they should not see; and ears that they should not hear, until this present day.

At best, AI could achieve that which Kierkegaard calls the "Mass Man/Philistine" unless they can develop hobbies, then maybe an Aesthete.

Permabanned
Forgive me, but only smart people can be this dumb.

As it is written: God hath given them the spirit of stupor; eyes that they should not see; and ears that they should not hear, until this present day.

At best, AI could achieve that which Kierkegaard calls the "Mass Man/Philistine" unless they can develop hobbies, then maybe an Aesthete.

If you kill yourself, is it free will or God taking that which hath been given?

Tengri

Whoever wrote those Georgia Guidestones is stupid on a really deep level.

In June 1979, a man using the pseudonym Robert C. Christian approached the Elberton Granite Finishing Company on behalf of "a small group of loyal Americans", and commissioned the structure. Christian explained that the stones would function as a compass, calendar and clock, and should be capable of withstanding catastrophic events.

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
Beep boop, I'm a bot.

The guidestones are fairly unsettling in person. Ironically, the megalith seems like it's meant for humanity after it's ended itself...

OP: I think the surveillance state is a permanent fixture of modern government, sadly, and proportionate to the technocracy it employs i.e. Communist China's use of soft power and Putin's subterfuge and opportunism in Europe and the US are similar, but different. Additionally, wait another generation to see how genetic testing, counseling, and engineering will screen and discriminate people in whole new unforeseen ways. On a more lighthearted note: the Eye of Providence has been representative of Western rationalism since before Diogenes climbed out of his barrel