User Tag List

First 123

Results 21 to 29 of 29

  1. #21
    Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    854
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    I'm not even sure if AI programs can truly look forward to anything in the most human sense.
    Expand on that.

    AI will have enhanced metacognition abilities and self sustain their own environment with the least human interference. It will almost be made an entity that exists on its own.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Expand on that.

    AI will have enhanced metacognition abilities and self sustain their own environment with the least human interference. It will almost be made an entity that exists on its own.
    Sure,

    AI can mimic the Nous, but it will not have the Pneuma unless it is given by God, and we (humans) are not God. *scrolls back up. Yep, philosophy section*
    χρήστος ανέστη


  3. #23
    Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram
    854
    Posts
    1,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    Sure,

    AI can mimic the Nous, but it will not have the Pneuma unless it is given by God, and we (humans) are not God. *scrolls back up. Yep, philosophy section*
    Sure. I would still love to see the day AI has its own awareness. And if you can argue that only God has the power to bestow spirit on AI, then he shall through the devices of men to test them. It doesn't mean it's impossible.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    Sure. I would still love to see the day AI has its own awareness. And if you can argue that only God has the power to bestow spirit on AI, then He shall through the devices of men to test them. It doesn't mean it's impossible.
    *Tower of Babel. Men will try again and again, especially men who've forgotten our history. Hence our fallen state, and our unceasing attempt at grasping at a conception of Utopia without God.
    χρήστος ανέστη


  5. #25
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Posts
    9,831

    Default

    There's a debate in the field about the awareness of the experience, not only in human, but other living creature. If it quacks like a duck, etc, is it really a duck, or just an AI of a duck? How to ever infer that, in any other life form? Maybe we can If( wokeAF) print("ye, I'm woke af fam, for reelz");.

    History shows that it's likely we will make shit work before we fully grasp how it works tho, including just starting by making it look like the duck is quacking. Practically it'll probably not matter much, from an utilitarian pov.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    There's a debate in the field about the awareness of the experience, not only in human, but other living creature. If it quacks like a duck, etc, is it really a duck, or just an AI of a duck? How to ever infer that, in any other life form? Maybe we can If( wokeAF) print("ye, I'm woke af fam, for reelz");.

    History shows that it's likely we will make shit work before we fully grasp how it works tho, including just starting by making it look like the duck is quacking. Practically it'll probably not matter much, from an utilitarian pov.
    Forgive me, but only smart people can be this dumb.

    As it is written: God hath given them the spirit of stupor; eyes that they should not see; and ears that they should not hear, until this present day.

    At best, AI could achieve that which Kierkegaard calls the "Mass Man/Philistine" unless they can develop hobbies, then maybe an Aesthete.
    χρήστος ανέστη


  7. #27
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so
    Posts
    9,831

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    Forgive me, but only smart people can be this dumb.

    As it is written: God hath given them the spirit of stupor; eyes that they should not see; and ears that they should not hear, until this present day.

    At best, AI could achieve that which Kierkegaard calls the "Mass Man/Philistine" unless they can develop hobbies, then maybe an Aesthete.
    If you kill yourself, is it free will or God taking that which hath been given?
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    MBTI
    ARCH
    Posts
    746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    If you kill yourself, is it free will or God taking that which hath been given?
    No worries, a spirit of stupor wouldn't negate my free will.
    χρήστος ανέστη


  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Whoever wrote those Georgia Guidestones is stupid on a really deep level.

    In June 1979, a man using the pseudonym Robert C. Christian approached the Elberton Granite Finishing Company on behalf of "a small group of loyal Americans", and commissioned the structure. Christian explained that the stones would function as a compass, calendar and clock, and should be capable of withstanding catastrophic events.

    Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
    Unite humanity with a living new language.
    Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
    Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
    Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
    Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
    Balance personal rights with social duties.
    Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
    Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
    Beep boop, I'm a bot.

    The guidestones are fairly unsettling in person. Ironically, the megalith seems like it's meant for humanity after it's ended itself...

    OP: I think the surveillance state is a permanent fixture of modern government, sadly, and proportionate to the technocracy it employs i.e. Communist China's use of soft power and Putin's subterfuge and opportunism in Europe and the US are similar, but different. Additionally, wait another generation to see how genetic testing, counseling, and engineering will screen and discriminate people in whole new unforeseen ways. On a more lighthearted note: the Eye of Providence has been representative of Western rationalism since before Diogenes climbed out of his barrel

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI is almost useless
    By Evan in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 09-13-2008, 05:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO