• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Strange happenings?

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hi, you guys. I thought we should start a thread about strange happenings. For example, I have never met anyone (other than myself) who affects lights.
Let me explain. Sometimes I am thinking about something really heavy, or philosophical, and my whole mind is engaged in it. If I am walking, a lamp post or light bulb will just turn off. Coincidence, you will say? I'm posting here because it has happened for YEARS, and not all the time, but often enough to give me pause.
I have no idea what this is (I no longer think it's coincidence). There must be a scientific explanation, but I am wondering if strange happenings (such as the lights turning off when you are thinking about something deeply, but not necessarily just that) happen to you, too. It just happened to me now, at work, as I was crossing the hallway. I came back around and walked past the same light, and the second time, it didn't turn off. The first time it did, and I was, at the moment, contemplating how time affects people and how I feel about being a year older, and what it will feel like when a milestone birthday comes around (Shrug).

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Sometimes I am thinking about something really heavy, or philosophical, and my whole mind is engaged in it.
If I am walking, a lamp post or light bulb will just turn off.

Sounds like you have a demon admirer who's in love with your intellect. That's probably just his way of "liking" your ideas. Nothing harmful in that.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This is more of a proof that your place has somewhat dysfunctional public light system. Which btw. brake all the time, sometimes someone is near and sometimes it isn't.

It’s probably just the chip the government implanted in you when you were immunized against measles. I’ve heard some of them can bleed energy from their nano-fusion reactors at times and that can disrupt electrical devices.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to rip out my fingernails as I know they’re really just alien solar panels that help power the salad bar on their mothership.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A number of strange happenings have occurred in my life. The one I'm thinking about right now took place about 4 years ago. At that time, I had been experiencing a number of deeply troubling thoughts about what I referred to as the Shadow. I will not attempt to describe the Shadow here in any detail except to say that its existence has frightening and solipsistic implications. Due in no small part to my considerations on the matter of the Shadow, I went insane and wound up in a mental hospital. This hospital proved to be a hot spot for profoundly strange happenings. The one that I'm going to detail in this post concerns a little slip of paper that some patient unknown to me had posted on the wall at some point prior to my discovering it. It read, "There isn't anybody here but you and your Shadow"--exactly the thought that had been plaguing me during the few days leading up to that moment. Some will say it was a coincidence, but I know better.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is more of a proof that your place has somewhat dysfunctional public light system. Which btw. brake all the time, sometimes someone is near and sometimes it isn't.

I wish that was the case. However, this has happened numerous times in different countries, from North America to South America and Europe (never been to Asia yet)....different states within those different countries as well. I know it sounds crazy, but I wouldn't be posting it here if it was just a little thing.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It’s probably just the chip the government implanted in you when you were immunized against measles. I’ve heard some of them can bleed energy from their nano-fusion reactors at times and that can disrupt electrical devices.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to rip out my fingernails as I know they’re really just alien solar panels that help power the salad bar on their mothership.

I know. I know. It sounds absolutely crazy. Which is why I am posting here and not telling anyone in real life. I knew, too, that this would come with an endangering to my reputation ...but, I don't lie, so...wo tf knows? Maybe science will be able to prove it's just a natural happening in due time....

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like you have a demon admirer who's in love with your intellect. That's probably just his way of "liking" your ideas. Nothing harmful in that.

Lol- Nothing at all :D

I know. I know. It sounds absolutely crazy. Which is why I am posting here and not telling anyone in real life. I knew, too, that this would come with an endangering to my reputation ...but, I don't lie, so...wo tf knows? Maybe science will be able to prove it's just a natural happening in due time....

- - - Updated - - -

Lol- Nothing at all :D

I sometimes fail to explain my posts (hell probably quite often). It wasn’t meant to mock you. Sometimes the goofy creative side of me just hijacks my brain and I just roll with whatever nonsense pours out.

Really I have seen some bizarre shit in almost a half century of life and I’m certain it can be explained in a logical scientific manner. We just haven’t reached a level of scientific understanding to explain how wonderfully weird and complex the universe is.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I wish that was the case. However, this has happened numerous times in different countries, from North America to South America and Europe (never been to Asia yet)....different states within those different countries as well. I know it sounds crazy, but I wouldn't be posting it here if it was just a little thing.

You are simply searching for patterns in wrong places. How often do you think all kinds of things and pass next to a lamp and nothing happens ? I am pretty sure the number counts in tens of thousands at least over the years, however if 10 of those lamps go off you will surely notice that.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You are simply searching for patterns in wrong places. How often do you think all kinds of things and pass next to a lamp and nothing happens ? I am pretty sure the number counts in tens of thousands at least over the years, however if 10 of those lamps go off you will surely notice that.

Thought about that, too. Millions of times. It's just weird, though. Makes me want to study static, etc, just so I can explain it in a way that doesn't sound crazy. once or twice, sure, it's a coincidence. A hundred times in a lifetime (at least?) ....it makes me wonder....

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Thought about that, too. Millions of times. It's just weird, though. Makes me want to study static, etc, just so I can explain it in a way that doesn't sound crazy. once or twice, sure, it's a coincidence. A hundred times in a lifetime (at least?) ....it makes me wonder....

The same happened to me as well quite a few times, but I just fail to see the big deal. Plus on 100 000 a 100 is just 0.1%, what is realistic number when it comes to being a witness to lamp malfunction. Especially if you constantly walk next to street lamps.

Lark

Is the strange happening a paranormal or supernatural activity?

Like the connection to thoughts, am I to understand the implication is its ESP?

I do like stranger things like cryptozoology, para-psychology (I think its called anomalous psychology these days) and unexplained events, like it raining fish for instance, there was an author who documented things like this but I dont remember his name right now, I think is book was called The Damned, as in "damnable events" or "damned if I can explain this"

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hi, you guys. I thought we should start a thread about strange happenings. For example, I have never met anyone (other than myself) who affects lights.
Let me explain. Sometimes I am thinking about something really heavy, or philosophical, and my whole mind is engaged in it. If I am walking, a lamp post or light bulb will just turn off. Coincidence, you will say? I'm posting here because it has happened for YEARS, and not all the time, but often enough to give me pause.
I have no idea what this is (I no longer think it's coincidence). There must be a scientific explanation, but I am wondering if strange happenings (such as the lights turning off when you are thinking about something deeply, but not necessarily just that) happen to you, too. It just happened to me now, at work, as I was crossing the hallway. I came back around and walked past the same light, and the second time, it didn't turn off. The first time it did, and I was, at the moment, contemplating how time affects people and how I feel about being a year older, and what it will feel like when a milestone birthday comes around (Shrug).

Oh, I once had a similar issue. But instead of the light turning off. They would just burn out, and the second before I flipped the switch I knew it was going to happen. Strange!

Greed

#1 thot
sometimes lightbulbs burn out. you can twist them to unscrew them and replace them with a new bulb that you buy from the store.

cacaia

MBTI Type
NF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
sometimes lightbulbs burn out. you can twist them to unscrew them and replace them with a new bulb that you buy from the store.
Oh, I had a strange thing happen about that, too. When I was visiting my uncle in Rio de Janeiro. I was thinking about dead people and I thought- wouldn't it be weird if the light turned off right now? And it did. I called my uncle and he changed the bulb. It still didn't work. He put the old bulb back and turned it on again when I was out of the room and it worked.
Sometimes bulbs burn. Sometimes they just turn off and then on again, when a person leaves the room.

Shadow Play

Maybe there are issues with the power supply or with the light bulbs? Or it could just be a string of coincidences, after all? :shrug:

How often do you have those 'philosophical' thoughts? I wouldn't see the cause for a connection it's something you ruminate about frequently. I suspect confirmation bias is at work.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
"The only man in the world to be struck by lightning seven times was ex-park ranger Roy C. Sullivan, the human lightning conductor of Virginia, USA. A single lightning strike is made up of several 100 million volts (with peak current in the order of 20,000 amps)." Guinness Book of World Records

Is that a random, freak accident or is there something about Roy's physiology that makes him a lightning rod?

Personally, I've had 1 episode of precognition and about 10 episodes of being "in the zone" where my brain and body seem to function at a much higher level than usual. For example, once, I wrote a programming script nonstop and at a breakneck speed and it would work without any errors.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
The street light thing has happened to me many times, and my mom used to say it happened to her. Scientifically speaking, I don't know that it means anything significant and is likely just coincidental. I do sometimes feel like I am somehow affecting lights or devices though, particularly phones. Street light interference phenomenon - Wikipedia

Many years ago, I was trying to teach myself how to lucid dream/astral project. I cannot remember my dreams well and can't lucid dream (I've been aware that I was dreaming once, in the midst of this practice, and for only about 15 seconds or so before I slipped back into regular dreaming). Every single night, I would lie in bed and listen to guided meditations on my earbuds until I fell asleep. It got to a point where I could actively meditate at any moment by will, no matter what I was doing. My mind was very calm and I was in a good physical/spiritual space.

It was around this time that weird things started happening in my home. While I was meditating, I would hear a man breathing or whispering near my ear. It oddly enough didn't scare me at all. I also heard my daughter's doorknob jiggling one night after bedtime. I figured she was messing around or sleepwalking and confused, so I walked down the hall and stood looking at her door, waiting for her to come out. I stood there for a moment and then decided I'd just open the door to "catch" her out of bed. When I opened the door, there she was... on the opposite side of the room, in bed, facing away, sleeping very soundly. I had literally seen the doorknob jiggle just seconds before. She also told me that she would see lights in her room, like several "balls of light" all over the place. She was 4 and still remembers it.

Then, my now ex contacted me while I was at work to tell me that the kids' training potty was going haywire. It was designed to make noise to celebrate peeing in the bowl, with two metal points that would make an electric connection when liquid covered the bottom surface. So the potty was making these noises and going crazy in a way that logically did not make sense at all, when no one was around and it was empty. I was also woken up in the middle of the night when a child's battery powered truck started going off loudly. The button on top to make the noise wasn't making contact with anything. Also, my dog spent a solid 5 minutes barking into the corner of the kitchen like a fricken psycho for no obvious reason, which is extremely abnormal for him.

I am still low-key worried that if I start meditating again like that (which I do want to do), weird things will start happening again.

In my early twenties, I had a significant thing for this guy I worked with. I was pretty infatuated with him and had a lot of feelings. One day when we were all leaving work, he was driving in his car in front of my friend and me in a different car. We were just pulling out of the alley to get to the main street and leave. All of a sudden, without any reason (we were all still in the alley and not exiting to the street yet), I was struck in the gut with the awareness that he was going to get into a car accident. It's still very hard to explain because there was no vision of the event, just a knowing and the physiological feeling in my gut, like you would actually experience witnessing a car accident. It caught me very off guard and I was kinda freaked out but didn't tell anyone about it and shrugged it off after. We all exited the alley fine without incident. A few days later I was walking to work and my boss drove past me and picked me up, telling me that this guy I had the thing for wouldn't be at work that day because he got into a car accident. He was fine, but he injured the other driver and had to pay the price for that.

Another time, my friend and I actually heard a fucking ghost walk up the wooden steps of her old creepy house in what sounded like old style wooden soled boots. It was very real and very terrifying, especially since the sound only went halfway up the stairs and then just stopped. We immediately went downstairs to see if anyone was there, and her mom was sound asleep in her bedroom. No one else lived with them, and last I checked, cats don't wear wooden soled boots and weigh 150-200 lb.

I used to believe in this stuff a whole lot more, and then life repeatedly shat on me and I have since lost connection with the magic of life, but it would be nice to feel it again, even if it makes me look stupid.

Lark

I used to believe in this stuff a whole lot more, and then life repeatedly shat on me and I have since lost connection with the magic of life, but it would be nice to feel it again, even if it makes me look stupid.

I actually dont mind not being in touch with the "magic", there's an old saying about "who the gods know they destroy".

Like most of the authorities in the RCC would say that if people are subject to mystical experience, apparitions, miracles they should treat it as a blessing but also that they should definitely not actively go in search of the same or seek it out, they've only gotten surer about that in recent years.

And there's a bunch of irish myths and legends which are pretty much cautionary tales encouraging people to avoid the "hidden world" or anything "magical", it always ends badly, always. Some of the best stories are totally bat shit crazy and the point is that they are, like the straight dope on ghosts, supernatural phenomenon etc. according to irish myth and legend is that its beyond all comprehension or explanation what so ever, count yourself lucky for the "life more ordinary" style of thing.

There is the whole "magic" is cool, fun and awesome kind of thing, which is fine, but there's the whole "magic" if freaking terrifying and bad thing too.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
"The only man in the world to be struck by lightning seven times was ex-park ranger Roy C. Sullivan, the human lightning conductor of Virginia, USA. A single lightning strike is made up of several 100 million volts (with peak current in the order of 20,000 amps)." Guinness Book of World Records

Is that a random, freak accident or is there something about Roy's physiology that makes him a lightning rod?

Actually this probably has more to do with where he likes to "hang out", if he is constantly around places that stick out in the landscape that greatly increases the odds of being hit by lighting. Actually people like Rangers are probably one of the most likely people to be hit by lightning. Although still being alive after that many strikes is on the "luck side of things".

Locally I heard a story of a woman that lost something like 3 or 4 husbands that way ... simply because she has a house that sticks out in the landscape.