User Tag List

12 Last

Default Does everyone have their price?

I remember when I was seventeen someone starting a discussion in a business studies class about their belief that everyone had a price, it was only a matter of discovering what it was. What do you think?

The examples that people thought of to illustrate the point were typically teenager stuff, like would you perform sexual deeds that disgusted you for an obscene amount of money, the camps were very clearly "No, never" and "Yes, one terrible experience balances well against the likely better days thereafter". What is your opinion about that?

A lecturer came in at some point and asked what we were talking about, they where definitely in the "No, never" camp, however, no disgusting example was used to illustrate the point when it was discussed with them, just a more general "everyone has a price, whatever that happens to be". The guy who had started the discussion, who was firmly in the camp that everyone had a price, said it could be "guaranteeing the safety of a loved one", as opposed to a monetary value. At which point opinion divided again, not necessarily as it had before, some thinking that intangible things rather than money ought not to enter into the discussion. What do you think?

This totally depends on what needs to be done. (as well as the persons wealth as it is and the culture of the person)

I am pretty sure more people would eat an ice cream if you give them 500$ for this than they would kill a person if you would give them 500 000 $ for that.

Everything has its price, so to deceive us, they offer us something for free. How eagerly we fall for it.

We fall for it in investment, where it is too good to be true, we believe it in love, where the higher our income the more dates, or the sexier our body the more dates, we believe it in religion where mere belief will save us for eternal life. We believe the economy will keep growing forever while we have recession after recession. We believe drugs will give us a free ride to sexual nirvana. We believe mbti will tell us who we are.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yes everything has its price, for none of us is beyond temptation.
    The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience. Patience means restraining one's inclinations. There are seven emotions: joy, anger, anxiety, adoration, grief, fear, and hate, and if a man does not give way to these he can be called patient. I am not as strong as I might be, but I have long known and practiced patience. And if my descendants wish to be as I am, they must study patience.

Ieyasu Tokugawa
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/so

on for a price
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    XNTP
    Enneagram
    954 so/sp

Everyone has a price in the sense that we're all motivated by something, which may or may not necessarily be money, yet I believe everyone has something that if it were presented on a silver platter, wouldn't be able to be turned down.
    The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be
    Ne > Ti > Te = Ni > Fi > Fe = Se > Si
    Likes Yuu, Lord Lavender liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Everyone has a price in the sense that we're all motivated by something, which may or may not necessarily be money, yet I believe everyone has something that if it were presented on a silver platter, wouldn't be able to be turned down.
    Yes. Pizza.
    ✦ᏖᏒᎥᎮ ค ℓιɬɬℓɛ Ꮭıɠɧɬ ʄคŋɬคʂɬıƈ✦ -: ✦ :- ƒ O ᖇ G E ᗪ I ᑎ ƒ I ᖇ E ❋-: ✦ :-★ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴇᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴇʟꜱ★
    * ・゚ ・゚ * ⊱9w1✶S✶5w4✶X✶2w1⊰ * ・゚ ・゚ *
    ✦Շђєяє คяє ๓σяє тнιηﻭѕ ιη нєανєη αη∂ єαятн Շђαη คяє ∂яєαмт σƒ ιη уσυя ρнιℓσѕσρну.✦

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI Te

I am very very expensive.
    一期一会

Only from the deepest darkness, can you see the stars.

MBTI
    INTP

Price can be just another word for consequence. Someone highly internal value centric might not kill a stranger to save the life of their mother, but they will pay the price for their moral code by losing said mother for it. So yes, per Newton’s third law there is always a price to be paid, even if all you’re buying is your own virtue.
    Likes Luminous liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    This totally depends on what needs to be done. (as well as the persons wealth as it is and the culture of the person)

I am pretty sure more people would eat an ice cream if you give them 500$ for this than they would kill a person if you would give them 500 000 $ for that.
    Who do I need to kill?

For an additional 100.000$ I will also use the method my employer requests.
    Johari | Nohari

Moving forward, put aside all unnecessary preconceptions, eliminate all biases, analyze all the facts without letting external influences cloud your better judgement and put together a coherent picture of the truth like a jigsaw puzzle, you have the pieces you need, the only thing left to do is to learn how to put them together properly.