• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what if there were a conspiracy for good?

Lark

What if there was a conspiracy of do gooders? Seeking to perform acts of unatttributable or unascribable good? What would that involve and look like? Would you want to be involved in something like that?

There was a cool adult swim robot chicken episode I remember which had time travelling assholes and time travelling good guys, they were randomly making things go right or go wrong, that's kind of got me thinking about this. Other stuff too. Mainly that just about every conspiracy theory or secret society I've ever read about seem to be engaging in some sort of malign activity, hence the secrecy, its wrongful behaviour but lawful as in orderly rather than chaotic. What if that was flipped?

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I often think about these things too, but mainly the question why must all conspiracies be bad even aliens, why are we always so sure they are coming to "destroy us" just because humans rage against each other doesn't mean they don't have a much cooler agenda . Let's think positive so if they come here we can have a warm welcome not kill them and try to take over their planet.

Lark

I often think about these things too, but mainly the question why must all conspiracies be bad even aliens, why are we always so sure they are coming to "destroy us" just because humans rage against each other doesn't mean they don't have a much cooler agenda . Let's think positive so if they come here we can have a warm welcome not kill them and try to take over their planet.

There's even things which are not conspiracy in the shape of secret societies or anything but some of the naked greed and manipulation, like those guys who ramped the prices of cancer drugs so much or others who ramped designer prophylactic HIV/AIDS medications or engaged in other sorts of "business interventions" aimed as sabotaging public insurance or tax funded/public owned health services.

Imagine if a dedicated group of people got into the boardrooms or other places of power and just decided they were going to slash the costs of those things or make their patents much more time limited or permit generic production etc. Unlikely, especially given that business leaders have already complained about the diminishing returns or narrow profits, by their own standard, of pharmaceutical business.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Honestly that would be so bad ass, if there were just groups of people who had the power and money to do some amazing good ass help humanity under cover.
I don't understand why money breeds the need for more money and why when people have abundance of it they don't go alright now let's go do some good stuff for my people!!!
i work in a very exclusive members club/ resort on my island and trust me these millionaires and billionaires they don't even see us as humans .. money warps them and the glasses that they view the world through aren't pretty.
our good doers need to be intelligent but most of all kind 🤓 and instead of being in a room .. using chat rooms to devise their secret plan to do some good .. in secret of course
Kindness is like a lost forgotten word but there's so much power in it.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good and bad are subjective, so there are probably many "do-gooder" conspiracies out there. You just are unaware.

If you look at it from the perspective of a small group vs large entity...for example a megacorperation has more influence and power over the truth, law, and the public eye. So its pretty easy for them to tell everyone that the do-gooder conspiracy theorists are evil terrorists trying to destroy their wonderful company.

Money controls the truth, the lies, and what's good and evil in public knowledge. Which is why I don't trust anything anyone says, and look at each person involved individually. Understanding them, seeing what they actually believe outside of the medias lies.

raskol

What if there was a conspiracy of do gooders? Seeking to perform acts of unatttributable or unascribable good? What would that involve and look like? Would you want to be involved in something like that?
Every religious sect and political party, even those lacking a proper name, constitute in one sense or another a conspiracy of do-gooders.

Put differently, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Mole

Permabanned
The opposite of paranoia is pronoia.

Paranoia is psychological preparation to attack, while pronoia is psychological preparation to empathise, care, and understand.

Paranoia is part of the art of war, while pronoia is part of the art of peace.

Paranoia is a mental illness, while pronoia is mental health.

But the word 'pronoia' is not in any dictionary, and will appear only when we start using it.

Mention his name, and the devil appears, so why not mention 'pronoia' more often, and perhaps 'pronoia' will appear too.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Conspiracy is often the only way to throw a tyrant from the throne and history is full of such situations.

Lark

Conspiracy is often the only way to throw a tyrant from the throne and history is full of such situations.

Yeah, I've read of that, many times, although I have read some good arguments against secrecy as a policy, mainly from the US founding fathers, other advocates of open government and an open society but also some arguments from within the controversies of the First International Working Mens Association when Marx advocated open tactics and Bakunin was trying his old international brotherhood secret societies schemes.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah, I've read of that, many times, although I have read some good arguments against secrecy as a policy, mainly from the US founding fathers, other advocates of open government and an open society but also some arguments from within the controversies of the First International Working Mens Association when Marx advocated open tactics and Bakunin was trying his old international brotherhood secret societies schemes.

Truth to be told my entire country in it's modern form was basically started as a conspracy against out central communist government. What was vital in pushing the project of independence.
Openess is a luxury that not everyone has.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
It could be said that the very act of acting in secret suggests malicious intent, but I would disagree. Jesus often demanded secrecy with regards to certain things.

As well as people doing things, colluding etc. there are the actions of spiritual entities. One could say that demons conspire for bad, while angels conspire for good. (since we have limited awareness of their activities, it could be said in general to be done "in secret" and thus to be conspiratorial in nature)

Mole said:
Paranoia is a mental illness, while pronoia is mental health.

I don't know what mental health textbook you've been reading, but from what I'm aware, pronoia is regarded by the institution as being just as delusional in nature as paranoia. :huh:

Drunkstein

Enneagram

problem is, good is relative. That conspiracy sort of already exists, they call it cultural marxism. But depending on what side you're in, you either consider it good or bad... I consider it bad btw

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Everyone is someone's idea of villain. People make the best monsters. Yesterday's good is todays evil and is with the setting and rising of the sun or the changing of the wind blown back to good again. Change is the only constant. And regardless the direction the wind is blowing, someone will be unhappy with it. Yesterday, today, tomorrow.

Lark

Everyone is someone's idea of villain. People make the best monsters. Yesterday's good is todays evil and is with the setting and rising of the sun or the changing of the wind blown back to good again. Change is the only constant. And regardless the direction the wind is blowing, someone will be unhappy with it. Yesterday, today, tomorrow.

Subjectivism of this kind is so cliche.

Today's good is not yesterday's evil, its generally facetious to say so, unless as an opener to a discussion and not usually on which will vindicate amoralism.

Good and evil, properly understood, are perennial principles that it is impossible to transcend. It is possible to be extra good or extra evil but it is impossible to go beyond good and evil.

The Cat

Staff member
Subjectivism of this kind is so cliche.

Today's good is not yesterday's evil, its generally facetious to say so, unless as an opener to a discussion and not usually on which will vindicate amoralism.

Good and evil, properly understood, are perennial principles that it is impossible to transcend. It is possible to be extra good or extra evil but it is impossible to go beyond good and evil.

Like it or not believe it or not, as you will, your perceptions will do little to change reality, only color it. Paint in whatever colors you wish, denying that there are more than two won't make it so, if you choose to limit yourself to black in white, that too is just another shade of gray. Don't let it trouble you overmuch. I'm just as imaginary as my opinion. :shrug:

Lark

Like it or not believe it or not, as you will, your perceptions will do little to change reality, only color it. Paint in whatever colors you wish, denying that there are more than two won't make it so, if you choose to limit yourself to black in white, that too is just another shade of gray. Don't let it trouble you overmuch. I'm just as imaginary as my opinion. :shrug:

:D :D :D

There is a cosmic order and it is a lawful order into the bargain.

If you dont believe it you should definitely not test any of the natural laws like gravity.

Just as I'm sure amoralism is no response to complexity I'm not sure that reductivism is either, no matter how supposed grey things get they remain right or wrong. It does not trouble me, insight isnt troubling.

The Cat

Staff member
:D :D :D

There is a cosmic order and it is a lawful order into the bargain.

If you dont believe it you should definitely not test any of the natural laws like gravity.

Just as I'm sure amoralism is no response to complexity I'm not sure that reductivism is either, no matter how supposed grey things get they remain right or wrong. It does not trouble me, insight isnt troubling.

I wish you luck in your continued search for the point. It seems a trying quest.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, from the point of view of the dipshits who believe in it, this is what QAnon is.