User Tag List

First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    Conspiracy is often the only way to throw a tyrant from the throne and history is full of such situations.
    Yeah, I've read of that, many times, although I have read some good arguments against secrecy as a policy, mainly from the US founding fathers, other advocates of open government and an open society but also some arguments from within the controversies of the First International Working Mens Association when Marx advocated open tactics and Bakunin was trying his old international brotherhood secret societies schemes.

MBTI
    iNTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, I've read of that, many times, although I have read some good arguments against secrecy as a policy, mainly from the US founding fathers, other advocates of open government and an open society but also some arguments from within the controversies of the First International Working Mens Association when Marx advocated open tactics and Bakunin was trying his old international brotherhood secret societies schemes.

Truth to be told my entire country in it's modern form was basically started as a conspracy against out central communist government. What was vital in pushing the project of independence.
    Openess is a luxury that not everyone has.

MBTI
    INFJ

It could be said that the very act of acting in secret suggests malicious intent, but I would disagree. Jesus often demanded secrecy with regards to certain things.

As well as people doing things, colluding etc. there are the actions of spiritual entities. One could say that demons conspire for bad, while angels conspire for good. (since we have limited awareness of their activities, it could be said in general to be done "in secret" and thus to be conspiratorial in nature)

Quote Originally Posted by Mole
    Paranoia is a mental illness, while pronoia is mental health.
    I don't know what mental health textbook you've been reading, but from what I'm aware, pronoia is regarded by the institution as being just as delusional in nature as paranoia.

Enneagram

What if there was a conspiracy of do gooders? Seeking to perform acts of unatttributable or unascribable good? What would that involve and look like? Would you want to be involved in something like that?
    problem is, good is relative. That conspiracy sort of already exists, they call it cultural marxism. But depending on what side you're in, you either consider it good or bad... I consider it bad btw

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Everyone is someone's idea of villain. People make the best monsters. Yesterday's good is todays evil and is with the setting and rising of the sun or the changing of the wind blown back to good again. Change is the only constant. And regardless the direction the wind is blowing, someone will be unhappy with it. Yesterday, today, tomorrow.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.
    I am Catstiel. I am an Angel of the Lord...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Everyone is someone's idea of villain. People make the best monsters. Yesterday's good is todays evil and is with the setting and rising of the sun or the changing of the wind blown back to good again. Change is the only constant. And regardless the direction the wind is blowing, someone will be unhappy with it. Yesterday, today, tomorrow.
    Subjectivism of this kind is so cliche.

Today's good is not yesterday's evil, its generally facetious to say so, unless as an opener to a discussion and not usually on which will vindicate amoralism.

Good and evil, properly understood, are perennial principles that it is impossible to transcend. It is possible to be extra good or extra evil but it is impossible to go beyond good and evil.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Subjectivism of this kind is so cliche.

Today's good is not yesterday's evil, its generally facetious to say so, unless as an opener to a discussion and not usually on which will vindicate amoralism.

Good and evil, properly understood, are perennial principles that it is impossible to transcend. It is possible to be extra good or extra evil but it is impossible to go beyond good and evil.
    Like it or not believe it or not, as you will, your perceptions will do little to change reality, only color it. Paint in whatever colors you wish, denying that there are more than two won't make it so, if you choose to limit yourself to black in white, that too is just another shade of gray. Don't let it trouble you overmuch. I'm just as imaginary as my opinion.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mysterious Stranger View Post
    Like it or not believe it or not, as you will, your perceptions will do little to change reality, only color it. Paint in whatever colors you wish, denying that there are more than two won't make it so, if you choose to limit yourself to black in white, that too is just another shade of gray. Don't let it trouble you overmuch. I'm just as imaginary as my opinion.

There is a cosmic order and it is a lawful order into the bargain.

If you dont believe it you should definitely not test any of the natural laws like gravity.

Just as I'm sure amoralism is no response to complexity I'm not sure that reductivism is either, no matter how supposed grey things get they remain right or wrong. It does not trouble me, insight isnt troubling.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

There is a cosmic order and it is a lawful order into the bargain.

If you dont believe it you should definitely not test any of the natural laws like gravity.

Just as I'm sure amoralism is no response to complexity I'm not sure that reductivism is either, no matter how supposed grey things get they remain right or wrong. It does not trouble me, insight isnt troubling.
    I wish you luck in your continued search for the point. It seems a trying quest.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Well, from the point of view of the dipshits who believe in it, this is what QAnon is.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi