12 Last

MBTI
    Enfj
    Enneagram
    7w8 so
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Default One thing I came to a conclusion about people

The realization that I notice about a lot of people is that once they had something good in their life they will go out of their way to mess it up. Example, a lot of celebrities destroy themselves due to all the wealth they had and found a way to still be broke. A person who had a good person in their life they messed up the relationship. Example, Marge simpson expect homer to do some crazy after dealing with his crap, she still messing up after she got what she wanted. Dbz cell saga in general, everyone except yamcha messed up in the whole cell saga. America was built upon messing themselves up
    Do as you please we are as gods
    Likes Drunkstein liked this post

Mastermind Fieldmarshal Sacrophagus's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    The realization that I notice about a lot of people is that once they had something good in their life they will go out of their way to mess it up. Example, a lot of celebrities destroy themselves due to all the wealth they had and found a way to still be broke. A person who had a good person in their life they messed up the relationship.
    True.
    Many people are ungrateful, or simply don't know how to manage their wealth.

Money is wealth. Relationships are wealth. Love and respect of others are wealth. Health is wealth. Opportunities are wealth...etc.

Poor governance and stupidity.
    الخَيلُ وَاللَيلُ وَالبَيداءُ تَعرِفُني *** وَالسَيفُ وَالرُمحُ وَالقِرطاسُ وَالقَلَمُ
    Swift steeds, dreary nights, and the desolate wasteland, all know me full well
    As do the sword, the spear, the paper and the pen.

Quote Originally Posted by draon9 View Post
    The realization that I notice about a lot of people is that once they had something good in their life they will go out of their way to mess it up. Example, a lot of celebrities destroy themselves due to all the wealth they had and found a way to still be broke. A person who had a good person in their life they messed up the relationship. Example, Marge simpson expect homer to do some crazy after dealing with his crap, she still messing up after she got what she wanted. Dbz cell saga in general, everyone except yamcha messed up in the whole cell saga. America was built upon messing themselves up
    Freud thought that there was a tendency among people not to out live their parents, at least not by many years, for reasons similar to this and he also said that people engage in self-sabotage because they do not want to experience the sorts of success that they believe their parents did not have.

Erich Fromm said that rather than it being some anxiety prompted by an unconscious concern not to betray loyalty to your father or mother that it was instead cognitive dissonance because your success may have involved greater conformity with the social unconscious than your parents had managed in their lives (meaning that your parents had to deal with less of a gulf between human essence and human existence than you do in your new found success).

I'm not sure about all that but I do think people do engage in self-sabotage for a bunch of reasons, its more noticeable when its people with money or celebrities perhaps. A lot of people meet their problems half way and if they are predicting catastrophe for themselves they could bring it on rather than spend their time worrying about it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrophagus View Post
    True.
    Many people are ungrateful, or simply don't know how to manage their wealth.

Money is wealth. Relationships are wealth. Love and respect of others are wealth. Health is wealth. Opportunities are wealth...etc.

Poor governance and stupidity.
    I believe it is often less about stupidity and more about practical matters, such as any knowledge on how to manage life. I'm sure you would agree that managing money, managing relationships, health and opportunity isn't intuitive. One needs to learn via people teaching and living these principals as role models or instruction as adults. Although there are people that will sabotage every positive in their life, it also has more to do with mental illness and learned coping mechanisms and less about their intelligence level.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

<blah blah blah judgmental BS blah blah blah> followed by the non sequitur: America was built upon messing themselves up.

Do better.
    Toto, I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
    Likes Virtual ghost liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    <blah blah blah judgmental BS blah blah blah> followed by the non sequitur: America was built upon messing themselves up.

Do better.
    ^ Saving the forum from new threads one poster at a time ^

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

I know English isn't your first language but some of your threads are just plain weird.

I do this though because my insides are rotten. Sometimes it's about inflicting punishment on oneself.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself

what even is this thread? you are comparing the us to dragon ball z and marge simpson? ok i guess

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post

Do better.
    After so many years, hopes don't run high.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Can't be satisfied. Peter Deadpan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    I know English isn't your first language but some of your threads are just plain weird.

I do this though because my insides are rotten. Sometimes it's about inflicting punishment on oneself.
    Actually, this isn't true. That's not why I do it, but it is what I tell myself. There's a difference and it's crucial.
    Perpetual mood

“Sometimes I think I have felt everything I'm ever gonna feel.
    And from here on out, I'm not gonna feel anything new.
    Just lesser versions of what I've already felt.”

- look it up yourself