• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

One thing I came to a conclusion about people

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
The realization that I notice about a lot of people is that once they had something good in their life they will go out of their way to mess it up. Example, a lot of celebrities destroy themselves due to all the wealth they had and found a way to still be broke. A person who had a good person in their life they messed up the relationship. Example, Marge simpson expect homer to do some crazy after dealing with his crap, she still messing up after she got what she wanted. Dbz cell saga in general, everyone except yamcha messed up in the whole cell saga. America was built upon messing themselves up

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The realization that I notice about a lot of people is that once they had something good in their life they will go out of their way to mess it up. Example, a lot of celebrities destroy themselves due to all the wealth they had and found a way to still be broke. A person who had a good person in their life they messed up the relationship.

True.
Many people are ungrateful, or simply don't know how to manage their wealth.

Money is wealth. Relationships are wealth. Love and respect of others are wealth. Health is wealth. Opportunities are wealth...etc.

Poor governance and stupidity.

Lark

The realization that I notice about a lot of people is that once they had something good in their life they will go out of their way to mess it up. Example, a lot of celebrities destroy themselves due to all the wealth they had and found a way to still be broke. A person who had a good person in their life they messed up the relationship. Example, Marge simpson expect homer to do some crazy after dealing with his crap, she still messing up after she got what she wanted. Dbz cell saga in general, everyone except yamcha messed up in the whole cell saga. America was built upon messing themselves up

Freud thought that there was a tendency among people not to out live their parents, at least not by many years, for reasons similar to this and he also said that people engage in self-sabotage because they do not want to experience the sorts of success that they believe their parents did not have.

Erich Fromm said that rather than it being some anxiety prompted by an unconscious concern not to betray loyalty to your father or mother that it was instead cognitive dissonance because your success may have involved greater conformity with the social unconscious than your parents had managed in their lives (meaning that your parents had to deal with less of a gulf between human essence and human existence than you do in your new found success).

I'm not sure about all that but I do think people do engage in self-sabotage for a bunch of reasons, its more noticeable when its people with money or celebrities perhaps. A lot of people meet their problems half way and if they are predicting catastrophe for themselves they could bring it on rather than spend their time worrying about it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
True.
Many people are ungrateful, or simply don't know how to manage their wealth.

Money is wealth. Relationships are wealth. Love and respect of others are wealth. Health is wealth. Opportunities are wealth...etc.

Poor governance and stupidity.

I believe it is often less about stupidity and more about practical matters, such as any knowledge on how to manage life. I'm sure you would agree that managing money, managing relationships, health and opportunity isn't intuitive. One needs to learn via people teaching and living these principals as role models or instruction as adults. Although there are people that will sabotage every positive in their life, it also has more to do with mental illness and learned coping mechanisms and less about their intelligence level.

Jaguar

<blah blah blah judgmental BS blah blah blah> followed by the non sequitur: America was built upon messing themselves up.

Do better.

Lark

<blah blah blah judgmental BS blah blah blah> followed by the non sequitur: America was built upon messing themselves up.

Do better.

^ Saving the forum from new threads one poster at a time ^

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I know English isn't your first language but some of your threads are just plain weird.

I do this though because my insides are rotten. Sometimes it's about inflicting punishment on oneself. :shrug:

Greed

#1 thot
what even is this thread? you are comparing the us to dragon ball z and marge simpson? ok i guess

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Do better.

After so many years, hopes don't run high.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I know English isn't your first language but some of your threads are just plain weird.

I do this though because my insides are rotten. Sometimes it's about inflicting punishment on oneself. :shrug:

Actually, this isn't true. That's not why I do it, but it is what I tell myself. There's a difference and it's crucial.

mgbradsh

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5

You are wrong about people. They don't go out of their way to mess it up.

They have an emptiness they are trying to fill. When one thing doesn't work or last they try something else. And something else.

Mole

Permabanned
You are wrong about people. They don't go out of their way to mess it up.

They have an emptiness they are trying to fill. When one thing doesn't work or last they try something else. And something else.

Yes, we lose ourselves when are clever enough to manipulate the world to get what we want. And the easiest to manipulate are the manipulators.

Rather than be true to our deepest self, we play with the world and become playthings of the world.

We take pride in our ability to manipulate, and without a deep loyalty to ourselves we betray ourselves in every success we have.

Rarely is there any way back, no chance of cultivating ourselves, no chance of working for ourselves, we are lost souls, running after everything we don't need or want, looking with sad eyes, not quite knowing what has happened.