• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Evil and good is necessary

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Matrix or Running Man?

If you're going to go with analogies from film its REALLY important you dont confuse those too ;)

A policeman who refuses to follow orders, meaning not shooting an innocent & starving crowd. In french they translate it as "the game of the challenge".

Just saw the trailer where the "Winning team" sign is in fire with the crowd into a frenzy.

Jaguar

From the film The Year of Living Dangerously, a film set in Indonesia during the overthrow of President Sukarno:

Billy Kwan: You like my puppets? If you want to understand Java, you have to understand Wayang: the sacred shadow play. The puppet master is a priest. That's why they call Sukarno the great puppet master - balancing the left with the right. Their shadows are souls and the screen is heaven. You must watch their shadows, not the puppets. The right in constant struggle with left. The forces of light and darkness in endless balance. In the West we want answers for everything. Everything is right or wrong. Good or bad. But, in Wayang, no such final conclusions exist.

Lark

A policeman who refuses to follow orders, meaning not shooting an innocent & starving crowd. In french they translate it as "the game of the challenge".

Just saw the trailer where the "Winning team" sign is in fire with the crowd into a frenzy.

Wait, did I get this mixed up? Its the Arnie movie in which the guy confronts him with a choice as to whether or not to take a pill.

Its the opposite of the Matrix scene that everyone seems to know, its either Running Man or Total Recall, its been a while since I've seen either of them.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Wait, did I get this mixed up? Its the Arnie movie in which the guy confronts him with a choice as to whether or not to take a pill.

Its the opposite of the Matrix scene that everyone seems to know, its either Running Man or Total Recall, its been a while since I've seen either of them.

I'm not fond of Scharwze but when Sharon stone kicks his balls it is quite something. I don't know the scene that everyone seems to know.

Anyway I think I'll have to take a pill if I want to see either of those two.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
No.

Real good exists. But most people, be it good or evil, are ignorant.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If real good or evil exists I would say it's rare. It's probably best defined as 'Pure'. 'Pure good'. 'Pure evil'. Most are just passive. Such purity we almost all lose growing up, or completely fall into deplorable sickness and become what we would call monsters. There's also 'Pure' neither good nor evil. Neutral, which is apparently what I am.

I tend to hate the idealistic 'Right' and 'Wrong' sense and how they often are short sighted without the big picture. Just feeling and reactionary. Judgmental. I think more of what is logical rather than good or evil. But there are things that even disgust me that go too far. So it seems a conscience still exists. But I would call it honor based. Like Fairness. Fight fair. Don't cheat. Pick on someone your own size. Honesty. And such. General respectable decency. But besides that just being pragmatic, doing what's necessary to survive as a species. Have a balance of selflessness and selfishness as useful and it doesn't cross those lines.

But even then. Good and Evil is often defined by others. Or maybe just what you feel within. So it's no less odd and paradoxical. Even within myself. Within myself I'd largely chalk it down to how I detest pettiness and sadism. But there are moments when a fiery trigger happens within me so I don't watch murder programs. I see them as truly animalistic. No longer a person.

Perhaps there is something deeper throughout the universe, a whole truth. But if there was, I would say it is indeed necessary that both exist(That being the truth) or we would be likely in a brainwashed alternative existence which, given the means, can't be inherantly good now can it? Even if we are blissfully in peace.