User Tag List

123 Last

Default The Pied Piper and Global Warming

With the decline of religion I was heartened to attend a large religious gathering in Garema Place, Canberra, the Australian Capital.

I did feel slightly intimidated in such a large shouting crowd of passionate believers. ‘And believe it or not, it is a children’s crusade. And it is another children’s crusade.

The first children’s crusade was in 1212. It was religious, just as the shouting mob in Garema Place believe they are changing the world by changing the weather.

Such a religious belief requires the suspension of disbelief brought about by the entrancement of the mind. The children at the children’s crusade were longing to be entranced by sex, or by power, or by wealth, but in lieu they have been entranced by the new religion of global warming.

The first Children’s Crusade of 1212 was a disaster for the children involved. Are the pied pipers of today leading our children into another disaster?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    With the decline of religion I was heartened to attend a large religious gathering in Garema Place, Canberra, the Australian Capital.

I did feel slightly intimidated in such a large shouting crowd of passionate believers. ‘And believe it or not, it is a children’s crusade. And it is another children’s crusade.

The first children’s crusade was in 1212. It was religious, just as the shouting mob in Garema Place believe they are changing the world by changing the weather.

Such a religious belief requires the suspension of disbelief brought about by the entrancement of the mind. The children at the children’s crusade were longing to be entranced by sex, or by power, or by wealth, but in lieu they have been entranced by the new religion of global warming.

The first Children’s Crusade of 1212 was a disaster for the children involved. Are the pied pipers of today leading our children into another disaster?
    Since most religions would say that the climate is controlled by thier God and humans have no comtrol over it-for better ir worse- no.
    “ they’re on our left, they’re on our right, they’re in front of us, they’re behind us…they can’t get away this time”

"These voices scream at me "Let it go!"
    (never let go)
    This time I'm screaming back "No! No! No!"
    (Go on say no)
    My mind's made up, yeah my fear is gone
    Open my eyes now here I come: Oblivion."

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Since most religions would say that the climate is controlled by thier God and humans have no comtrol over it-for better ir worse- no.
    Still, in Oz we pray for rain during every drought.

MBTI
    INTP

Um. What?
    I’m from Oz too. Are you talking about the protest? My little sister went to that. In most situations young people are pretty capable of thinking for themselves.
    But anyway, global warming isn’t a religion, it’s backed by science. No pied pipers, just facing reality. Try telling people from island nations whose homes are going to be underwater in a few decades that global warming is a religious belief.
    Anyway I’m a spiritual person too so I’m not shitting on religion, I’m just saying... sometimes we’ve got to deal with stuff the scientific way.
    Almost too Ti to function.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

What does this thread even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by wildmoon View Post
    Um. What?
    I’m from Oz too. Are you talking about the protest? My little sister went to that. In most situations young people are pretty capable of thinking for themselves.
    But anyway, global warming isn’t a religion, it’s backed by science. No pied pipers, just facing reality. Try telling people from island nations whose homes are going to be underwater in a few decades that global warming is a religious belief.
    Anyway I’m a spiritual person too so I’m not shitting on religion, I’m just saying... sometimes we’ve got to deal with stuff the scientific way.
    The human brain is only fully physically grown by the age of 22. So young people are not capable of thinking for themselves because they don't have the physical brain to do it. And rather than thinking critically they live in a world of fantasy directed by popular culture.

And if the sea were rising, it would rise equally all over the globe. So those Islands going underwater, not because the oceans are rising, but because these islands are sinking.

Science is not democratic. Science does not depend on consensus.

The satellites encircling the Earth form a proscenium arch. Nature is dead and is now a work of art. So how appropriate we worship The Environment and Global Warming, publicly in the street, under the cathedral of encircling and enclosing satellites. The Middle Ages gave us the great medieval cathedrals, and today our satellites give us the Earth as our new cathedral. And how natural it is to worship in our cathedral.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    What does this thread even mean?
    It means the children's crusade is being led by their pied pipers, called teachers. And we note the first children's crusade was in 1212 and was a disaster for the children.

MBTI
    INTP

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the children in 1212?
    Almost too Ti to function.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

It means the children's crusade is being led by their pied pipers, called teachers. And we note the first children's crusade was in 1212 and was a disaster for the children.
    So you believe that this anti-global warming protest is a form of child slavery?
    Do you think children can have no opinion that is not given to them?
    Do kids lack agency? When does this change? Age 18? 15? When?
    There must be a threshold to adulthood.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Moore View Post
    So you believe that this anti-global warming protest is a form of child slavery?
    Do you think children can have no opinion that is not given to them?
    Do kids lack agency? When does this change? Age 18? 15? When?
    There must be a threshold to adulthood.
    The threshold to adulthood is about 22 years because it takes 22 years for the human brain to be fully grown. Of course adolescents are spectacularly vain and believe they are fully grown.