• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Pied Piper and Global Warming

Mole

Permabanned
With the decline of religion I was heartened to attend a large religious gathering in Garema Place, Canberra, the Australian Capital.

I did feel slightly intimidated in such a large shouting crowd of passionate believers. ‘And believe it or not, it is a children’s crusade. And it is another children’s crusade.

The first children’s crusade was in 1212. It was religious, just as the shouting mob in Garema Place believe they are changing the world by changing the weather.

Such a religious belief requires the suspension of disbelief brought about by the entrancement of the mind. The children at the children’s crusade were longing to be entranced by sex, or by power, or by wealth, but in lieu they have been entranced by the new religion of global warming.

The first Children’s Crusade of 1212 was a disaster for the children involved. Are the pied pipers of today leading our children into another disaster?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
With the decline of religion I was heartened to attend a large religious gathering in Garema Place, Canberra, the Australian Capital.

I did feel slightly intimidated in such a large shouting crowd of passionate believers. ‘And believe it or not, it is a children’s crusade. And it is another children’s crusade.

The first children’s crusade was in 1212. It was religious, just as the shouting mob in Garema Place believe they are changing the world by changing the weather.

Such a religious belief requires the suspension of disbelief brought about by the entrancement of the mind. The children at the children’s crusade were longing to be entranced by sex, or by power, or by wealth, but in lieu they have been entranced by the new religion of global warming.

The first Children’s Crusade of 1212 was a disaster for the children involved. Are the pied pipers of today leading our children into another disaster?

Since most religions would say that the climate is controlled by thier God and humans have no comtrol over it-for better ir worse- no.

Mole

Permabanned
Since most religions would say that the climate is controlled by thier God and humans have no comtrol over it-for better ir worse- no.

Still, in Oz we pray for rain during every drought.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram

Um. What?
I’m from Oz too. Are you talking about the protest? My little sister went to that. In most situations young people are pretty capable of thinking for themselves.
But anyway, global warming isn’t a religion, it’s backed by science. No pied pipers, just facing reality. Try telling people from island nations whose homes are going to be underwater in a few decades that global warming is a religious belief. :shock:
Anyway I’m a spiritual person too so I’m not shitting on religion, I’m just saying... sometimes we’ve got to deal with stuff the scientific way.

Mole

Permabanned
Um. What?
I’m from Oz too. Are you talking about the protest? My little sister went to that. In most situations young people are pretty capable of thinking for themselves.
But anyway, global warming isn’t a religion, it’s backed by science. No pied pipers, just facing reality. Try telling people from island nations whose homes are going to be underwater in a few decades that global warming is a religious belief. :shock:
Anyway I’m a spiritual person too so I’m not shitting on religion, I’m just saying... sometimes we’ve got to deal with stuff the scientific way.

The human brain is only fully physically grown by the age of 22. So young people are not capable of thinking for themselves because they don't have the physical brain to do it. And rather than thinking critically they live in a world of fantasy directed by popular culture.

And if the sea were rising, it would rise equally all over the globe. So those Islands going underwater, not because the oceans are rising, but because these islands are sinking.

Science is not democratic. Science does not depend on consensus.

The satellites encircling the Earth form a proscenium arch. Nature is dead and is now a work of art. So how appropriate we worship The Environment and Global Warming, publicly in the street, under the cathedral of encircling and enclosing satellites. The Middle Ages gave us the great medieval cathedrals, and today our satellites give us the Earth as our new cathedral. And how natural it is to worship in our cathedral.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram
Just out of curiosity, what happened to the children in 1212?

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
It means the children's crusade is being led by their pied pipers, called teachers. And we note the first children's crusade was in 1212 and was a disaster for the children.

So you believe that this anti-global warming protest is a form of child slavery?
Do you think children can have no opinion that is not given to them?
Do kids lack agency? When does this change? Age 18? 15? When?
There must be a threshold to adulthood.

Mole

Permabanned
So you believe that this anti-global warming protest is a form of child slavery?
Do you think children can have no opinion that is not given to them?
Do kids lack agency? When does this change? Age 18? 15? When?
There must be a threshold to adulthood.

The threshold to adulthood is about 22 years because it takes 22 years for the human brain to be fully grown. Of course adolescents are spectacularly vain and believe they are fully grown.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
The threshold to adulthood is about 22 years because it takes 22 years for the human brain to be fully grown. Of course adolescents are spectacularly vain and believe they are fully grown.

So you read a study once and now anyone under 22 is incapable of reason.

Mole

Permabanned
So you read a study once and now anyone under 22 is incapable of reason.

It is a question of biology. The brain of homo sapiens starts to grow in the womb and is only fully grown by about 22 years of age.

However it is commonly thought that 'adolescents know everything'. Adolescents are simply mistaken and are high on hormones and vanity.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What does this thread even mean?

It means Mole thinks global warming is a hoax.
Mole said:
And if the sea were rising, it would rise equally all over the globe. So those Islands going underwater, not because the oceans are rising, but because these islands are sinking.

The first part is true, yes. The second part, though... where is the evidence for the islands sinking?

I can find some evidence for temperatures getting warmer and glaciers melting, however.

'Year of extremes' for shrinking Swiss glaciers in 2018: study

Don't you value the scientific method?

If you are going to say that my post is evidence of a disturbed psyche, as I expect you will, where is your evidence for that?

2-thiscombinat.jpg

That's July 2015 vs. August 2018

Mole

Permabanned
It means Mole thinks global warming is a hoax. The first part is true, yes. The second part, though... where is the evidence for the islands sinking? I can find some evidence for temperatures getting warmer and glaciers melting, however. 'Year of extremes' for shrinking Swiss glaciers in 2018: study Don't you value the scientific method? If you are going to say that my post is evidence of a disturbed psyche, as I expect you will, where is your evidence for that?
2-thiscombinat.jpg
This is more character assassination, in fact I believe global warming is occurring and is increasing. I support renewables in prosperous countries like mine, and for poor countries I advocate another Manhattan Project to discover a cheap non polluting energy source.

Lark

This is more character assassination, in fact I believe global warming is occurring and is increasing. I support renewables in prosperous countries like mine, and for poor countries I advocate another Manhattan Project to discover a cheap non polluting energy source.

Mole I dont think it would morally correct to drop the atomic bomb on the developing world because they have not yet developed less pollution energy industry.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It means Mole thinks global warming is a hoax.

The first part is true, yes. The second part, though... where is the evidence for the islands sinking?

I can find some evidence for temperatures getting warmer and glaciers melting, however.

'Year of extremes' for shrinking Swiss glaciers in 2018: study

Don't you value the scientific method?

If you are going to say that my post is evidence of a disturbed psyche, as I expect you will, where is your evidence for that?

2-thiscombinat.jpg

I read a book a little while back about Chernobyl. No one that denied that a ecological disaster happened denied it happened because of the vessel rupture or steam explosions or graphite igniting. They denied it happened because of the breathtakingly cavalier approach to construction, safety and overall superiority of the Soviet Union. I would say the disaster was the key event in the end of the Cold War. Of course there are people that believe the V.I. Lenin Nuclear Power Plant is still producing electricity and that the entire disaster is a made up fantasy of the West.

The same thing is happening with climate change. Except that there is much more to lose. It's only natural that the people critiquing the actions of children are the people that will be least impacted by the issue and they will use any and all propaganda to achieve the status quo. Including calling your mental health into question for believing in what children are saying.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

No, it's not. In this thread, you called activism about global warming a "religious" movement. Given that you don't think highly of religion, this indicates that you don't think highly of activism about global warming. You even compare global warming activism to the disastrous Children's Crusade.

Believe it or not, some Americans try to be knowledgeable about history, too.