• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Pied Piper and Global Warming

Lark

No, it's not. In this thread, you called activism about global warming a "religious" movement. Given that you don't think highly of religion, this indicates that you don't think highly of activism about global warming. You even compare global warming activism to the disastrous Children's Crusade.

Believe it or not, some Americans try to be knowledgeable about history, too.

Although Mole has treated religion as praise worthy too.

As recently as the last time a random poster seemed to be trashing roman catholicism and posting conspiracy theories about it.

Its part of the confused and confusing nature of Mole's posting habits. He might be predisposed to it but I think if you spend long enough online any can wind up posting like that.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Although Mole has treated religion as praise worthy too.

As recently as the last time a random poster seemed to be trashing roman catholicism and posting conspiracy theories about it.

Its part of the confused and confusing nature of Mole's posting habits. He might be predisposed to it but I think if you spend long enough online any can wind up posting like that.

The Children's Crusade (something that I think few people would consider to be a favorable comparison) and Pied Piper analogies seems to confirm that the post was meant to be an indictment of global warming activism. I'm not sure why he changed his tune.

Lark

The Children's Crusade (something that I think few people would consider to be a favorable comparison) and Pied Piper analogies seems to confirm that the post was meant to be an indictment of global warming activism. I'm not sure why he changed his tune.

I think its probably fruitless to try and analysis Mole's posts too much or guess at his motives.

There's a few things which are recurrent themes or tropes, although these could be as easily be to do with triggers he's guessed or hit upon by accident as they are worked out opinions or conclusions. Its impossible to actually know.

What does matter, a lot so it seems, to Mole is that he gets a response from someone. It matters more than how anyway, Mole's not alone in that respect though.

Mole

Permabanned
No, it's not. In this thread, you called activism about global warming a "religious" movement. Given that you don't think highly of religion, this indicates that you don't think highly of activism about global warming. You even compare global warming activism to the disastrous Children's Crusade. Believe it or not, some Americans try to be knowledgeable about history, too.
When we went to the Moon, we turned the camera around and discovered The Environment, not an environment but capital, The Environment. This is the same difference between the truth and the capital T Truth,

Anf capital T Truth is religious truth, just as capital E Environment is also religious.

Mole

Permabanned

We might also notice our Pied Piper is Carl Jung who sings a siren song appealing to the worst in us.

Lark

When we went to the Moon, we turned the camera around and discovered The Environment, not an environment but capital, The Environment. This is the same difference between the truth and the capital T Truth,

Anf capital T Truth is religious truth, just as capital E Environment is also religious.

:O

You went to the moon Mole?!

Mole

Permabanned
:O You went to the moon Mole?!

We all went to the Moon and looked through the lens of the camera looking back at the Earth. And we saw for the first time The Environment called Gaia.

Our trip to the Moon was prefigured by Christ's ascension into the heavens, and prefigured by Mohammad ascending to the heavens on a flying horse.

Lark

We all went to the Moon and looked through the lens of the camera looking back at the Earth. And we saw for the first time The Environment called Gaia.

Our trip to the Moon was prefigured by Christ's ascension into the heavens, and prefigured by Mohammad ascending to the heavens on a flying horse.

Dude, I never went to no Moon, it bothers me to get on a plane sometimes, I definitely didnt go to the Moon :shock:

Mole

Permabanned
I think its probably fruitless to try and analysis Mole's posts too much or guess at his motives. There's a few things which are recurrent themes or tropes, although these could be as easily be to do with triggers he's guessed or hit upon by accident as they are worked out opinions or conclusions. Its impossible to actually know. What does matter, a lot so it seems, to Mole is that he gets a response from someone. It matters more than how anyway, Mole's not alone in that respect though.

Imagine if instead of analysing Mole you expressed your own thoughts and feelings.

Mole

Permabanned
Dude, I never went to no Moon, it bothers me to get on a plane sometimes, I definitely didnt go to the Moon :shock:

Next you will be telling me Jesus didn't Ascend to the heavens, and Mohammad didn't Ascend to the heavens on a flying horse.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think its probably fruitless to try and analysis Mole's posts too much or guess at his motives.

There's a few things which are recurrent themes or tropes, although these could be as easily be to do with triggers he's guessed or hit upon by accident as they are worked out opinions or conclusions. Its impossible to actually know.

What does matter, a lot so it seems, to Mole is that he gets a response from someone. It matters more than how anyway, Mole's not alone in that respect though.

His response to me suggests to me that you may be correct in this. I shan't feed him any longer. I'm kind of troubled by how Australia has been producing terrorists recently, anyhow. I suspect a cultural background involving the normalization of criminality, as well as a blind devotion to outdated pre-enlightenment elements like the monarchy, might be at play here.

Mole

Permabanned
His response to me suggests to me that you may be correct in this. I shan't feed him any longer. I'm kind of troubled by how Australia has been producing terrorists recently, anyhow. I suspect a cultural background involving the normalization of criminality, as well as a blind devotion to outdated pre-enlightenment elements like the monarchy, might be at play here.

What a hate filled post this is.