User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Default Do you have a spirit animal/totem?

I am not talking about any religion or philosophy per say, just something that many people pick up naturally as they go through life. We sometimes find an animal that we resonate with, and admire character traits associated with it that we wish we had in ourselves...or already do.

For example, the wolf is an extremely popular totem people relate to. When I was observing the Therianthropy community many years back. The wolf dominated the the community as the animal most people saw themselves as. Followed by the Fox, Tiger, and Birds of prey.

I've often wondered why people do this peculiar thing. I think humans seek to reattach to nature as we are often trapped in our artificial surroundings, out of touch with our natural selves, and in unhealthy environments. A desire to return to simplicity and escape our overthinking and overcomplicating humanity. Or perhaps its just cool, like astrology.

So if you have any creature you relate to, please share what it is and why you relate to it.

1w9 5w4 4w5
    Omni-variant
    Likes RedAmazoneFriendZone liked this post

When I was a kid, eagle, because it seemed strong and free, and flies alone. When it caws, you can hear it through the sky.
    And then albatross, because it was big and strong (again), and great in the air but terrible on land, and are very elegant.

Appearance wise, if I had to be a land animal, it'd be the wolf, because it seems like a pretty neutral animal.
    Personality-wise, the Japanese fox, because it watches humans while being removed from them, and are unpredictable. Like the Japanese version of faeries.
    Non mi snudare senza ragione.
    Non mi impugnare senza valore.
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo liked this post

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Ixaerus View Post
    When I was a kid, eagle, because it seemed strong and free, and flies alone. When it caws, you can hear it through the sky.
    And then albatross, because it was big and strong (again), and great in the air but terrible on land, and are very elegant.

Appearance wise, if I had to be a land animal, it'd be the wolf, because it seems like a pretty neutral animal.
    Personality-wise, the Japanese fox, because it watches humans while being removed from them, and are unpredictable. Like the Japanese version of faeries.
    If I had to choose other animals, I really like the red tailed hawk. Mostly for the associations I have with them, like isolation and loneliness, but also free. (I literally just saw one before replying to this thread too) I think I like it because when I was young I loved animorphs and the character I related to most was Tobias, and he was permanently transformed into a Red tailed hawk.
    1w9 5w4 4w5
    Omni-variant

Quote Originally Posted by Exolvuntur View Post
    If I had to choose other animals, I really like the red tailed hawk. Mostly for the associations I have with them, like isolation and loneliness, but also free. (I literally just saw one before replying to this thread too) I think I like it because when I was young I loved animorphs and the character I related to most was Tobias, and he was permanently transformed into a Red tailed hawk.
    Do you google the meanings of the animals? I don't. I just knew that albatrosses can apparently mean misfortune.
    Non mi snudare senza ragione.
    Non mi impugnare senza valore.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Does it have to be an animal? I mean, plants are alive, and if you believe in Shinto ( the origional furries) they all have personality.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by Ixaerus View Post
    Do you google the meanings of the animals? I don't. I just knew that albatrosses can apparently mean misfortune.
    No, I go based on my own symbolism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yuu View Post
    Does it have to be an animal? I mean, plants are alive, and if you believe in Shinto ( the origional furries) they all have personality.
    Plants and other things are fine
    1w9 5w4 4w5
    Omni-variant

MBTI
    *NT*

Raccoon. One nearly killed me five year ago. Guessing it stopped right before it tore me open and hissed like a snake to tell me something. And I'm guessing what he was saying was, "ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss-I'm your spirit animal bro-sssssssssssssssssssssss."
    "I dream in stereo, the stereo sounds strange, I know that if you hide, it doesn't go away, if you get out of bed.....my little dark age."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Goldfinch.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp

i like foxes. one winter we were driving through the mountains and there had been a huge blizzard the day before. everywhere was fresh white. we went through a small valley and up the other side and there like a drop of blood was a fox... bounding through the meadow. so beautiful. i always think that when i die i would like to come back as a fox. all bounce and floof tail perfect as a body scarf.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Exolvuntur View Post
    No, I go based on my own symbolism.

- - - Updated - - -

Plants and other things are fine
    Okay then, a lotus flower.

Although, I’ve had to time to think about it and if i had to pick an animal; honey badger.

I’m small and not very strong but I am fearless and very tenacious. Do not try and keep me away from place I want to. be, I WILL find a way in...and I’ll take an entire swarm of bees to the face. I don’t give a fuck.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."