• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Seeking Advantage

Mole

Permabanned
Most of us seek advantage, so we take our context for granted and focus only on gaining advanage. Such a focus is a form of hypnosis. And we can wake from our hypnosis by noticing the context.

A good place to start is "Understanding Media" by Marshal McLuhan.

Mole

Permabanned
Nah fam, project less bruh. You see what you want to see.
When we don't know someone, all we can do is project onto them. And as we get to know them we find out how accurate our projection is.

Projection is a necessary and normal part of getting to know someone.

Permabanned
projection isn't at all the only but a last resort, and easy lazy default. Inquiry and introspection are better options.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
projection isn't at all the only but a last resort, and easy lazy default. Inquiry and introspection are better options.

That's funny, because whenever you have something to say about another, I do not see you making any inquiries before, during, or after the fact.

You sometimes share valuable insight and advice, but I don't often see you practicing what you preach. It's a common occurrence for most people, I just find it extra ironic in your case.
Fam.

Permabanned
That's funny, because whenever you have something to say about another, I do not see you making any inquiries before, during, or after the fact.

You sometimes share valuable insight and advice, but I don't often see you practicing what you preach. It's a common occurrence for most people, I just find it extra ironic in your case.
Fam.