User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by bechimo View Post
    Have to add this point since I didn't include it in my prior post, as part of the explanation. If it's too pedantic, just ignore it but I'm hoping that the additional point will round out your understanding, relative to my aversion to probiotics. One issue that appears to positively impact is diversity in the gut microbiome. Probiotics focuses on good and bad bacteria which isn't accurate since too much of any type(s) of bacteria or an absence of specific types, can cause problems.
    There are a trillion cells in our body, and there are more than a trillion microbes in our body
    The microbes have different dna than us.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Interesting. But what happens if you nuke your gut bacteria on antibiotics? Does it affect your personality?
    “No matter how much we ask after the truth, self-awareness is often unpleasant. We do not feel kindly toward the Truthsayer.”
    ― Frank Herbert, God Emperor of Dune
    Likes Lib liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    Interesting. But what happens if you nuke your gut bacteria on antibiotics? Does it affect your personality?
    You become a completely different person, of course
    Likes Sung Jin-Woo, Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    KLLR
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Interesting. It makes me wonder if there is something to Ayurveda.
    No matter where you go, there you are....

until a masked maniac impales you with a tire iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamimaru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lib View Post
    You become a completely different person, of course
    This isn't an all or nothing endeavor. Look to the impacts of toxoplasma gondii.

Permabanned

This isn't an all or nothing endeavor. Look to the impacts of toxoplasma gondii.
    I can't open the article to check the details of this study but if personality traits and gut microbiota are strongly correlated, antibiotics should cause shift in behavior. Especially, if you give gonadii as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Lib;3068515[B
    ]You become a completely different person, of course[/B]
    I can't open the article to check the details of this study but if personality traits and gut microbiota are strongly correlated, antibiotics should cause shift in behavior. Especially, if you give gonadii as an example.
    Refer to your post above. Notice how you dialed down your rhetoric after it was challenged? This also disregards the first rule of science, that correlation =/= causation. But let's speculate. Do you have any factual information that supports your position, that antibiotics wipe out all bacteria? If it only wipes out some, which ones does it wipe out or what percentages does it wipe out? And do you have any evidence that states that gut microbiota aren't influenced by genetics, resetting gut flora by providing optimum environments for certain types of gut bacteria? Also, not all antibiotics are of equal strength.

Permabanned

Refer to your post above. Notice how you dialed down your rhetoric after it was challenged? This also disregards the first rule of science, that correlation =/= causation. But let's speculate. Do you have any factual information that supports your position, that antibiotics wipe out all bacteria? If it only wipes out some, which ones does it wipe out or what percentages does it wipe out? And do you have any evidence that states that gut microbiota aren't influenced by genetics, resetting gut flora by providing optimum environments for certain types of gut bacteria? Also, not all antibiotics are of equal strength.
    Your example with gonadii suggested causation... Anyway, gut microbiota is not just the bacteria that live there but also the extend of representation of each species. If you destroy the balance, which happens upon administration of broad-spectrum antibiotics, which I'm sure Yami meant, you change the system and it ceases to operate in the same manner.

Your example with gonadii suggested causation...
    This is a strawman.

Anyway, gut microbiota is not just the bacteria that live there but also the extend of representation of each species. If you destroy the balance, which happens upon administration of broad-spectrum antibiotics, which I'm sure Yami meant, you change the system and it ceases to operate in the same manner.
    Answer my questions.

Permabanned

This is a strawman.

Answer my questions.
    I will keep this for the next time someone accuses me of trolling.