• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cognitive Type / Vultology

rvfvclv

awkward
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Have you guys ever heard of the "cognitive type/vultology" theory? I wanted to know your opinions and thoughts about it.

Here's the link to their website if you don't know what I'm talking about:
Cognitive Typology | Type Made Empirical

yeghor

Have you guys ever heard of the "cognitive type/vultology" theory? I wanted to know your opinions and thoughts about it.

Here's the link to their website if you don't know what I'm talking about:
Cognitive Typology | Type Made Empirical
They seem to be using facial cues to decide on MBTI type (or which dom and aux cognitive functions are used).

I don't think it's failproof but I guess in time, it will be possible to get direct brain scans from people doing certain activities or answering a set of questions to identify which neural pathways they use mostly, and those brain patterns then can be associated with a number of main personality types.

From thereon, they can also try to identify, assisted by AI, whether certain personality types do exhibit distinct set of facial cues and body language.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Too bad their leader was (and may still be) specifically bad at using their system.

Chenault is the world expert in visual reading.

He does have moral failings but so do a lot of people...

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
Chenault is the world expert in visual reading.
He created a good system (if he actually created it).
The problem was that he was specifically bad in using that system to the point where his reads were disastrously bad and could be corrected by beginners that carefully studied his videos. Like he failed to apply his own system.
He managed to destroy the reputation of his system by being bad at using it.

His failings were primarily at reading people. I don't even know if he's doing reads now or if Xailynne took over.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

Yeah I heard something about old CIA documents that taught how to visually read?

What's impressive is how large the RSHS database is. Many thousands. I couldn't maintain something like that.

He definitely makes a ton of mistakes. No where near data bedrock even if he is ready to go public with that tiny Nai'xyy list...

And they did ruin reputation in the past with forcefulness and the whole "everyone is Nai'xyy" thing.

He's still pretty fucking talented.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Regarding Cognitive Type, I honestly think it's terrible.

They can't type, and their theory is horrendous. They seem to think that it's all about developing your 4 conscious functions and that people generally don't even have THOSE all conscious.

Pod'lair goes into the elevator of enlightenment, which is a much truer picture of development. CT could learn a lot from that.

Indigo Rodent

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
1w9
@Indigo Rodent

Yeah I heard something about old CIA documents that taught how to visually read?

What's impressive is how large the RSHS database is. Many thousands. I couldn't maintain something like that.

He definitely makes a ton of mistakes. No where near data bedrock even if he is ready to go public with that tiny Nai'xyy list...

And they did ruin reputation in the past with forcefulness and the whole "everyone is Nai'xyy" thing.

He's still pretty fucking talented.

The database is literally his day job. Also, it's a part of the problem. What he needed is to solidly apply the reading methods to get like 10x of samples of each type and sex. And then work in depth on exploring the samples to prove his expertise and also get insight.
Larger database could wait for larger pool of trained readers.
Lack of solid database has sabotaged reader training.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
@Indigo Rodent

While I do agree that he played his cards wrong by creating such a large database, instead of investing his time into things like training people (he should have done outreach immediately after the fallout), it's still an incredible accomplishment that shows his talent level.

He's in Te+Si mode for the fu'masta period of Pod'lair's existence.

Then the database stats are his shiny truth for shiny baby.

I would like to see more material come out regarding the elevator of enlightenment. The higher theory beats playlist is no longer public so I don't even have that any more.

Chenault should be looking more at the higher theory. Maybe he does this too but we don't hear about it.

Either way, look at cognitive type. A small and inaccurate database.

Look at the way Juan is making hour long videos on the vultology of each individual type. Pathetic.

Juan's enterprise is a failure. Pod'lair actually has the seeds of scientific proof, Cognitive Type doesn't.

Or maybe I'm being too harsh on it? I just fail to see the brilliance there.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I just tried to watch one of Juan's vultology videos.

It was excruciating. I got through like a minute before I had to say:

"I can't do this..."

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Cognitive Type is a black magick group.

They've been psychically attacking me since I made those posts and it's really wearing me down so I'm speaking out.

They don't know how to type, and it's too painful for them to realise that, so they bury the knowledge and exalt themselves on high horses of evil manufacture.

It's time to out these fucks as the evil bastwits they are.

Get off my back. Call off the attack because this is getting messy and it's only going to get messier.

I have a history with Cognitive Type. I was there at its creation, and I'm still there watching as it gets to the point where they proclaim themselves as the heroic villains of the type community.

It's time to put away the pen, and figure out where your future lies.

Are you really going to try and disfigure your one hope of getting through to the other side alive?

FlamingSword

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree. Vultology is misleading. While the theory construction of Cognitive Types looks consistent, logical, and sound, their typing method is not reliable.

Facial cues and bodily gestures should never be used to type people. Types are cognitive types, not behavioral types. Too many variables can determine one's facial expressions and gestures. Those may or may not indicate one's cognitive type. Vultology makes personality typing almost like face-reading or palm-reading. They share a common name - superstition.

I also want to point out that the Grant function model is wrong. Its validity has never been recognized by psychologists. Somehow the MBTI practitioners picked it up and made it popular all over the Internet. Few people would question the problems with the Grant model.

If types make any sense at all, they come from Jung. Read Jung, van der Hoop, and Jung's best student Marie von Franz. Their writings should help you develop a correct understanding of types.

MosheBenIssac

MBTI Type
ISTP
I think Vutology is a very big deal. It has solved a problem that many before have so far been unsuccessful at. If you have been involved typing for a while you know the test are no very good, hit or miss at best. A consistent, reproducible system using body language is huge.