User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 20

  1. #1
    Senior Member violetsunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    218

    Default Big 5 and Mbti Correlation?

    Hi,

    I am new to this forum but not typology and personality systems, recently I joined a genetic research site uploaded my dna raw data file and found there are genetic markers for the big five personality. My results came back High agreeableness Low neuroticism Low extroversion Moderate conscientiousness and High openess to experience. Has anyone else learned their big five factors or any other innate personality tendencies through their genome? Also, how would these results map to the Mbti?

  2. #2
    Senior Member violetsunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    218

    Default

    INFJ/INFP 😁

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    415 so/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Fe
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by violetsunrise View Post
    Hi,

    I am new to this forum but not typology and personality systems, recently I joined a genetic research site uploaded my dna raw data file and found there are genetic markers for the big five personality. My results came back High agreeableness Low neuroticism Low extroversion Moderate conscientiousness and High openess to experience. Has anyone else learned their big five factors or any other innate personality tendencies through their genome? Also, how would these results map to the Mbti?
    I know this isn't current, but how did you find the genetic markers?

  4. #4
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,778

    Default

    I don't know about this thread, but I'm sick of seeing people say that Big 5 is superior to cognitive functions. SiCk Of It.!!!
    Likes kittenke liked this post

  5. #5
    Senior Member violetsunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante H. View Post
    I know this isn't current, but how did you find the genetic markers?
    I had genetic testing and submitted my genome to a site which tested for those markers.

  6. #6
    Senior Member violetsunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I don't know about this thread, but I'm sick of seeing people say that Big 5 is superior to cognitive functions. SiCk Of It.!!!
    Cognitive functions correlate to the big five model.

  7. #7
    alchemist Legion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by violetsunrise View Post
    Cognitive functions correlate to the big five model.
    Makes no difference logically, but I prefer to say "big 5 correlates to cognitive functions" because cognitive functions are the underlying mechanism that the brain works on and big 5 dichotomies are a rough manifestation of that.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    415 so/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Fe
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by violetsunrise View Post
    I had genetic testing and submitted my genome to a site which tested for those markers.
    Can I know the site, please? I have my 23andme raw data already

  9. #9
    Senior Member violetsunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dante H. View Post
    Can I know the site, please? I have my 23andme raw data already
    Here is the link: Genomelink -- Upload and decipher your raw DNA data for free 🙂

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by violetsunrise View Post
    If you read their terms of use for your data, it's a bit sketch, especially relative to where the data's housed. At present, it's purportedly housed in the U.S. but they state that this can change. Be careful considering the Facebook, Alek Kogan, Cambridge Analytica debacle where Facebook data ended up being housed in Russia.

Similar Threads

  1. DISC and MBTI Correlation
    By wolfy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-09-2012, 08:33 AM
  2. Validity of enneagram and MBTI correlations
    By musttry in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 02:58 PM
  3. Big five and MBTI
    By Rex in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 01:57 PM
  4. Big 5 and MBTI type
    By Athenian200 in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 10:14 AM
  5. Humoral theory (temperament) and MBTI correlations?
    By Halfjillhalfjack in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 05:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO