123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default Clifton Strengths

Has anyone taken Clifton Strengths? What were your results?

All of the members of the moderation team just took it as sort of a team building exercise and this is what we got.

The strengths in italics are ones unique in the moderation team. The color coding is based on the theme domains. Red is Strategic Thinking, Purple is Executing, Yellow is Influencing, and Blue is Relationship Building.

Some interesting data points
    • Ideation, Individualization, and Strategic were tied for the most prevalent strengths
    • 21 of 45 (47%) of our top skills fall under Strategic Thinking.
    • 12 of 45 (27%) of our top skills fall under Relationship Building.
    • 6 of 45 (13%) of our top skills fall under Executing.
    • 6 of 45 (13%) of our top skills fall under Influencing.
    • Coriolis has the most strengths in strategic thinking
    • Jack has the most in relationship building
    • Merced has the most in influencing
    • I have the most most in execution

Thanks to @Merced for making the wonderful chart.

This page provides the complete description for each strength and a little video but this is a brief list and summary for each strength.

Achiever - A relentless need for achievement.
    Activator - “When can we start?” is a recurring question in your life.
    Adaptability - You live in the moment.
    Analytical - “Prove it. Show me why what you are claiming is true.”
    Arranger - You are a conductor.
    Belief - You have certain core values that are enduring.
    Command - You take charge.
    Communication - You like to explain, to describe, to host, to speak in public, or to write.
    Competition - You have a need to outperform your peers.
    Connectedness - You know that we are all connected.
    Context - You look back to understand the present.
    Deliberative - You identify, assess, and reduce risk.
    Developer - You see the potential in others.
    Discipline - Your world needs to be ordered and planned.
    Empathy - You can sense the emotions of those around you.
    Fairness - Balance is important to you.
    Focus - Your goals are your compass.
    Futuristic - “Wouldn’t it be great if …” The future fascinates you.
    Harmony - You look for areas of agreement.
    Ideation - You are fascinated by ideas.
    Inclusiveness - “Stretch the circle wider.” You can to include people and make them feel like part of the group.
    Individualization - You’re intrigued by the unique qualities of each person.
    Input - You collection information – words, facts, books and quotations.
    Intellection - You like to think. You like mental activity.
    Learner - You love to learn.
    Maximizer - Excellence, not average, is your measure.
    Positivity - You are generous with praise, quick with smile, and always on the look out for the positive in the situation.
    Relater - You derive a great deal of pleasure and strength from being around your close friends.
    Responsibility - You take psychological ownership for anything you commit to, and you feel emotionally bound to follow it through to completion.
    Restorative - You love to solve problems.
    Self-assurance - You have faith in your strengths.
    Significance - You want to be very significant in the eyes of other people.
    Strategic - You create alternative ways to sort through the clutter and find the best route.
    Woo - You win others over.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Lord Lavender liked this post

Not Today
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Has anyone taken Clifton Strengths? What were your results?

All of the members of the moderation team just took it as sort of a team building exercise and this is what we got.

The strengths in italics are ones unique in the moderation team. The color coding is based on the theme domains. Red is Strategic Thinking, Purple is Executing, Yellow is Influencing, and Blue is Relationship Building.

Some interesting data points
    • Ideation, Individualization, and Strategic were tied for the most prevalent strengths
    • 21 of 45 (47%) of our top skills fall under Strategic Thinking.
    • 12 of 45 (27%) of our top skills fall under Relationship Building.
    • 6 of 45 (13%) of our top skills fall under Executing.
    • 6 of 45 (13%) of our top skills fall under Influencing.
    • Coriolis has the most strengths in strategic thinking
    • Jack has the most in relationship building
    • Merced has the most in influencing
    • I have the most most in execution

Thanks to @Merced for making the wonderful chart.

This page provides the complete description for each strength and a little video but this is a brief list and summary for each strength.

Achiever - A relentless need for achievement.
    Activator - “When can we start?” is a recurring question in your life.
    Adaptability - You live in the moment.
    Analytical - “Prove it. Show me why what you are claiming is true.”
    Arranger - You are a conductor.
    Belief - You have certain core values that are enduring.
    Command - You take charge.
    Communication - You like to explain, to describe, to host, to speak in public, or to write.
    Competition - You have a need to outperform your peers.
    Connectedness - You know that we are all connected.
    Context - You look back to understand the present.
    Deliberative - You identify, assess, and reduce risk.
    Developer - You see the potential in others.
    Discipline - Your world needs to be ordered and planned.
    Empathy - You can sense the emotions of those around you.
    Fairness - Balance is important to you.
    Focus - Your goals are your compass.
    Futuristic - “Wouldn’t it be great if …” The future fascinates you.
    Harmony - You look for areas of agreement.
    Ideation - You are fascinated by ideas.
    Inclusiveness - “Stretch the circle wider.” You can to include people and make them feel like part of the group.
    Individualization - You’re intrigued by the unique qualities of each person.
    Input - You collection information – words, facts, books and quotations.
    Intellection - You like to think. You like mental activity.
    Learner - You love to learn.
    Maximizer - Excellence, not average, is your measure.
    Positivity - You are generous with praise, quick with smile, and always on the look out for the positive in the situation.
    Relater - You derive a great deal of pleasure and strength from being around your close friends.
    Responsibility - You take psychological ownership for anything you commit to, and you feel emotionally bound to follow it through to completion.
    Restorative - You love to solve problems.
    Self-assurance - You have faith in your strengths.
    Significance - You want to be very significant in the eyes of other people.
    Strategic - You create alternative ways to sort through the clutter and find the best route.
    Woo - You win others over.
    I've never heard of it. How does it differ from the VIA strengths test?
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Julius_Van_Der_Beak View Post
    I've never heard of it. How does it differ from the VIA strengths test?
    I'm not familiar with that one. In 1998, the Father of Strengths Psychology, Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D. (1924-2003), along with Tom Rath and a team of scientists at The Gallup Organization, created the online StrengthsFinder assessment. In 2001, they included the first edition of StrengthsFinder with the bestseller Now, Discover Your Strengths. In 2004, the assessment's name was formally changed to "Clifton StrengthsFinder" in honor of its chief designer.

In 2007, building on the initial assessment and language from StrengthsFinder 1.0, Rath and Gallup scientists released a new edition of the assessment, program, and website, dubbed "StrengthsFinder 2.0." Rooted in more than 40 years of research, this assessment has helped millions discover and develop their natural talents. Now it's called CliftonStrengths.

One of the guys who wrote that first book is Marcus Buckingham. He ended up leaving, starting his own firm and he has a different system that he created. So there are a few of these systems out there.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Not Today
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

I'm not familiar with that one. In 1998, the Father of Strengths Psychology, Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D. (1924-2003), along with Tom Rath and a team of scientists at The Gallup Organization, created the online StrengthsFinder assessment. In 2001, they included the first edition of StrengthsFinder with the bestseller Now, Discover Your Strengths. In 2004, the assessment's name was formally changed to "Clifton StrengthsFinder" in honor of its chief designer.

In 2007, building on the initial assessment and language from StrengthsFinder 1.0, Rath and Gallup scientists released a new edition of the assessment, program, and website, dubbed "StrengthsFinder 2.0." Rooted in more than 40 years of research, this assessment has helped millions discover and develop their natural talents. Now it's called CliftonStrengths.

One of the guys who wrote that first book is Marcus Buckingham. He ended up leaving, starting his own firm and he has a different system that he created. So there are a few of these systems out there.
    Oh.... hmmm, well what I'm talking about came out of research at the University of Pennsylvania. I've posted links to it before, but here it is again, if you're interested.

Positive psychology

It's available under questionnaires. You have to create an account, but it's free. I do remember the test taking a while, though.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Likes Zhaylin liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

As I was looking at this, I was thinking about the diversity we have in the modbox. We have 2 INTJs, 2 INFJs, 1 ENFJ, 1 ENFP, 1 ESTP, 1 ESFP, and 1 ESTJ. We have a high number of Ni doms and auxes but still a lot of variety. It kind of shows in these results as they are so varied. However there isn't a clear connection between the strengths and 4 letter type. Look at @Coriolis vs me or @Lexicon vs @fidelia. We are extremely different from each other. The heavy strategic might relate to Ni or at least intuition in general.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

As I was looking at this, I was thinking about the diversity we have in the modbox. We have 2 INTJs, 2 INFJs, 1 ENFJ, 1 ENFP, 1 ESTP, 1 ESFP, and 1 ESTJ. We have a high number of Ni doms and auxes but still a lot of variety. It kind of shows in these results as they are so varied. However there isn't a clear connection between the strengths and 4 letter type. Look at @Coriolis vs me or @Lexicon vs @fidelia. We are extremely different from each other. The heavy strategic might relate to Ni or at least intuition in general.

I think the strengths test further illustrates that, despite having some of the same basic functions at the core, MBTI is a pretty broad descriptor overall. The same MBTI type comes in a variety of flavors. I’ve always found Enneagram useful for filling in some of those gaps. Life experiences (among other things) can certainly impact what is fostered, and how it’s expressed in the long term, as well.

Going back over my test results, I can find a decent amount of it relatable if I think about it in the most general terms. The phrasing in the videos & some of the written parts has a cold/“corporate vibe” (not sure how else to put it), that created a bit of a challenge relating, initially.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes highlander liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I guess most haven't heard of it. I'll post a link to a test sometime soon for those that want to take it in order to generate some further discusion. First come, first serve.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6 sp

I took the high five one earlier today after seeing someone post about it in their blog.

Not one to one with the clifton test but its the one I took and the other is down now so... thats that. I think most translate except for perhaps the first one ‘thinker’
    The only kinds of fights worth fighting are those you’re going to lose, because somebody has to fight them and lose and lose and lose until someday, somebody who believes as you do wins.
    I.F. Stone

Johari

Nohari

Senior Member TheCheeseBurgerKing's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram

I guess most haven't heard of it. I'll post a link to a test sometime soon for those that want to take it in order to generate some further discusion. First come, first serve.
    I thought you had to pay to take the Clifton test.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx

When I took this back in... around 2003? (my company/job paid for it).... I got Input, Intellection, Connectedness, Deliberative, and Strategic

Personally I disagree(d) with Input, as I don't really collect facts or anything... but I guess it could apply to my i.d.'ing and remembering birds, wildflowers, and natural history type stuff? But little else. haha. Also, I think those results might have been closely tied to my having been really focused on academics growing up and also getting a science degree in college - that was only a few years after I graduated. otoh... of the entire list of strengths, these are probably in the top for sure, since I don't relate to most of the strengths.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    Likes highlander liked this post