• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Multiple Personality Systems] Clifton Strengths

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Just noticed that this lines up really well with my Holland Code too.

snljjc

Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ideation
Strategic
Adaptability
Restorative
Individualization

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
On a scale of 1 - 10, how much do you guys (mods) feel those strengths actually fit?
These were my results.

1. Individualization | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme
  2. Strategic | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme
  3. Relator | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme
  4. Learner | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme
  5. Intellection | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme

I'd say 6/10. As far as relationship building, I'm not into intimacy, at all, but I'm into inclusion, understanding, and gap-bridging.

I'd roll with this order myself:

1. Significance | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme (contrast Self-Assurance and Achiever; I'd say this is how Ennea 3 manifests in me)
  3. Intellection | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme
  4. Harmony | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme (contrast Relator and Individualization)
  5. Arranger | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme

That's probably a good 9.5/10.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These were my results.

1. Individualization | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme
  3. Relator | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme
  4. Learner | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme
  5. Intellection | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme

I'd say 6/10. As far as relationship building, I'm not into intimacy, at all, but I'm into inclusion, understanding, and gap-bridging.

I'd roll with this order myself:

1. Significance | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme (contrast Self-Assurance and Achiever; I'd say this is how Ennea 3 manifests in me)
  3. Intellection | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme
  4. Harmony | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme (contrast Relator and Individualization)
  5. Arranger | Clifton StrengthsFinder Theme

That's probably a good 9.5/10.

I keep reading “relator” as “realtor” due to people mispronouncing the latter as the former so frequently.
And I think to myself, if all makes sense, now. Bush is one of those evil people who sells property to folks far beyond their means...

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I keep reading “relator” as “realtor” due to people mispronouncing the latter as the former so frequently.
And I think to myself, if all makes sense, now. Bush is one of those evil people who sells property to folks far beyond their means...

That, or he manages to sell people half-million dollar derelict closet spaces under the guise of “quaint”, “bungalow”, and “charming”. We all see what you’re up to @Bush Did 9/11...we all see it :newwink:

(I managed to grab some time while on vaca to make a few posts on the forum today, but next opportunity I get, I’ll see about responding to @Z Buck McFate’s question :D )

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's interesting. There doesn't seem to be much correlation between mbti type and Strengths, but there does seem to be a correlation between mbti type and people who felt like the test was accurate. (TJs finding it the most accurate). I wished I'd also asked about how helpful it seems, since that's a slightly different qualification than accurate.

Going back over my test results, I can find a decent amount of it relatable if I think about it in the most general terms. The phrasing in the videos & some of the written parts has a cold/“corporate vibe” (not sure how else to put it), that created a bit of a challenge relating, initially.

My son and I have long had a running joke about how we have to speak Business to communicate with my ex-husband (his father, eNTJ), as if Business is an entire language in itself. Otherwise he doesn't hear it. And it's the same in reverse - when things are said to me in Business speak, it can be really difficult for me to glean the meaning or purpose of what's being said. It's so funny how there can be such huge communication problems between people who actually use the same dictionary (and therefore, the same objective standard of defining each word).

But anyway, yeah, I can struggle with finding any subjective tie to cold/"corporate vibe" language myself. It's one thing if I'm using it to put Ikea furniture together (for example), but quite another when it comes to seeing my own personal strengths in that language.

madelineclaire21

MBTI Type
ENFP
I presented workshops on CliftonStrengths as part of my job in my university's leadership office. My top 5 are Adaptability, Achiever, Positivity, Includer, and Input, so I have relationship building, strategic thinking, and executing represented in my top 5. Interestingly, I recently paid the extra to unlock the full 34 Talents ranking and I had five influencing Talents in spots 6 through 10! I think of myself as an influencer around friends and peers, so it was reassuring to see those Talents where I would self-assess them. I love the brief summary of each strength--I always have to refer to the chart for the strengths that I don't have and don't apply to real-life situations as much.

It's so interesting to see the interplay between MBTI and Strengths. I recently read an article by a Gallup consultant where he used a house analogy to compare MBTI to the room a person feels comfortable in while CliftonStrengths indicates the furniture and objects in the room that the person uses. So it's less about personality or preference, but still worth considering in context!

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=29687]Frosty[/MENTION], I took that test and got this.

pY6isXt.png

LittleCat

Off to new adventures
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also took Frosty's, 'cuz I'm cheap like that.

1. Empathizer
2. Thinker
3. Peace Keeper
4. Chameleon (adapting)
5. Deliverer (deliver on promises)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got the StrengthsQuest book in an academic workshop recently. Mine were:

1.) Ideation -You are fascinated by ideas. (domain: strategic thinking)

2.) Input - You collection information – words, facts, books and quotations. (domain: strategic thinking)

3.) Significance - You want to be very significant in the eyes of other people. (domain: influencing)

4.) Strategic - You create alternative ways to sort through the clutter and find the best route. (domain: strategic thinking)

5.) Activator - “When can we start?” is a recurring question in your life. (domain: influencing)

I notice now that none of my top five are in the executing or relationship building domains :laugh:

Looking at the full list, I think some of these other ones could have easily made sense in my top five: developer, futuristic, intellection, and learner. But I can also see why I got the five that I did.