• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Chakras and MBTI (haters: go away please)

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hiiiya :peaceout:

Recently I have been getting really into crystal healing.

In the process I have been learning about the ancient knowledge of Chakras and their areas of influence within human psychology.

------

(Wikipedia)

Chakras (Sanskrit: चक्र, IAST: cakra, Pali: cakka, lit. wheel, circle) are the various focal points in the subtle body used in a variety of ancient meditation practices, collectively denominated as Tantra, or the esoteric or inner traditions of Indian religion, Chinese Taoism, Tibetan Buddhism, as well as Japanese Esoteric Buddhism, and in postmodernity, in new age medicine, and originally psychologically adopted to the western mind through the assistance of Carl G. Jung.

In the image below you'll see what each Chakra represents:

Seven_Chakras_large_41b9e63e-2b94-47c1-b93a-6e3d86a71284_large.jpg

------

What are your thoughts on the following:

Can Chakras be correlated to the functions?

I'm not totally sure such a wide divide can be made. But, intuitively I would suggest -

Root (1) [Survival] - all of the functions

Sacral (2) [Pleasure] - Sensation

Solar plexus (3) [Willpower] - Thinking

Heart (4) [Love] - Feeling

Throat (5) [Truth] - All functions

Third eye (6) [Insight] - Intuition

Crown (7) [Cosmic energy] - All functions

Or even, could each person have certain functions more identified with each Chakra?

**** I've had rude comments before on these topics. If that is your intention, I kindly ask you to ignore this thread. Thank you.

Attachments

• 7chakras.jpg
    7chakras.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 5

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Hmmm I can see both MBTI and ennagram type links for this.

Root (1) [Survival] - Id guess gut tried in ennagram (8,9,1) and Sensing in general as well.

Sacral (2) [Pleasure] - E7 and Se

Solar plexus (3) [Willpower] - Gut triad again but I dont see clear function coleration here.

Heart (4) [Love] - Heart triad (2,3,4) and Fe/Fi

Throat (5) [Truth] - Head triad (5,6,7) and Fi/Ti

Third eye (6) [Insight] - Head triad

Crown (7) [Cosmic energy] - Attachment traid (3,6,9.

Riverfairy

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hmmm I can see both MBTI and ennagram type links for this.

Root (1) [Survival] - Id guess gut tried in ennagram (8,9,1) and Sensing in general as well.

Sacral (2) [Pleasure] - E7 and Se

Solar plexus (3) [Willpower] - Gut triad again but I dont see clear function coleration here.

Heart (4) [Love] - Heart triad (2,3,4) and Fe/Fi

Throat (5) [Truth] - Head triad (5,6,7) and Fi/Ti

Third eye (6) [Insight] - Head triad

Crown (7) [Cosmic energy] - Attachment traid (3,6,9.

--

I shall endeavour to understand what the eannagram comments refer to.

Yeah, Te was hard to place - but it is after all with the mind and it's logical abilities that we move through life with a sense of willpower. I don't think any of the other functions enter into the realm of getting things done quite like T in general.

If I was gonna place my four main functions within the chakras I might arrange them like this:

Root (1) [Survival] - all of the functions

Sacral (2) [Pleasure] - Se

Solar plexus (3) [Willpower] - Ti, Fe, Ni

Heart (4) [Love] - Fe, Ni

Throat (5) [Truth] - All functions

Third eye (6) [Insight] - Ni, Ti

Crown (7) [Cosmic energy] - Se, Ni

-- So having said that T in general fits the solar chakra - once I set it up with my own functions there were more there than anywhere else !

Chad of the OttomanEmpire

Give me a fourth dot.
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I won't make fun. I'm doing some spiritual practices right now that revolve around knowing and utilizing the chakras, and hell if there isn't something to it.

I think most people who are familiar with these personality theories are going to wind up correlating them to the characteristics of the chakras at some point. Descriptions would appear to overlap in many instances.

However, I'm not really convinced there is an overlap. The strongest case would probably be with the enneagram instincts...

self-pres = root chakra issues
sexual = sacral chakra issues
social = idk? solar plexus, heart, or throat?

So idk about the rest of the chakras, then. And anyway, I don't think that theory even holds water. Just, those are the only parts I've noticed.

I wouldn't say it is wise to correlate the JCF at all...they really do seem to be mental patterns that happen inside our brains. I would hesitate to correlate them with different areas of our electromagnetic structure. It's all 3rd-eye related at best, lol.

As to enneagram. Again, I don't think any one type or triad correlates to any one chakra. Enneagram is your psychological underpinnings, not necessarily your electromagnetic field.

That said, I feel like certain types might have predictable issues in certain areas...eg, 3, 5, 8, and maybe some 1s having issues with a blocked heart chakra. Ones blocking the sacral, 2s and 7s over-using it. Withdrawn types struggling with the solar plexus. Etc. I'd think anyone could have an issue anywhere, but I wonder if certain types are more prone to certain ones. (For the record, my heart chakra is pretty much completely sealed off, and my 3rd eye is the only one that does what it's actually supposed to. Blame it on Ne...no, wait...)

My two cents on it. Not everything has to revolve around personality theory I guess.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're gonna laugh, but I studied this stuff when I was psychotic and a Satanist. I did a wide variety of rituals and exercises, but got no real results myself other than hallucinating auras. (I am purple aura iirc) Which now that I think about it, totally matches my MBTI and Enn type. hmmm

I can't say it is real, but at the same time we don't know if there isn't something outside of our 3rd dimensional understanding that might exist within us. Life's existence itself is baffling, and unique. These practices have been passed down for ages, and probably had some kind of health significance at some point. I would be hesitant to call them facts though, unless I have observed them with my own eyes. But I am totally open to the possibilities, and the "What ifs" for conversation.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am going to criticize, but despite your judgment, I would not categorise myself as a hater.

New-age philosophy, from what I can see, is a make-believe swimming pool for the ones who are afraid to dive to the sea called occultism.

And one more thing, I think, you should welcome haters as well, for your own integrity. I remember Rumi's words:

"Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving.
It doesn't matter.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times.
Come, yet again, come, come
."

Good luck.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I could very much see the Throat chakra as a Te function.

Mole

Permabanned
We deceive ourselves so easily, then we build logical castles in the air, to console, comfort, and distract ourselves.

Tell me beautiful lies, I say, and they are shocked at lying. They want to suspend their disbelief, they want to believe, particularly their parents and authority figures, and lying is a betrayal of trust. Who could trust a liar?

hornet

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am going to criticize, but despite your judgment, I would not categorise myself as a hater.

New-age philosophy, from what I can see, is a make-believe swimming pool for the ones who are afraid to dive to the sea called occultism.

And one more thing, I think, you should welcome haters as well, for your own integrity. I remember Rumi's words:

"Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, worshiper, lover of leaving.
It doesn't matter.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.
Come, even if you have broken your vows a thousand times.
Come, yet again, come, come
."

Good luck.

(Since TC called me back on my birthday, as they always do, I guess I'll test the waters again here)

Yup spot on.
It is fascinating to no end to see people surface surfing in the shallow end of the pool.
Dealing with all the "safe" stuff, however one should not be too quick to come to conclutions
that being on the shallow end is safe and the occult depths is unsafe.
What one ignores might end up being ones demise out of sheer ignorance.
Handling poisonous wash-up from those very depths, because it cannot be unsafe if it is in the shallows.

If you think in those terms, you build up an apparent Hindu system with the psychology of the Western mind,
and you cannot do that--you simply poison yourself.

In these matters one needs a great deal of psychology in order to make it palatable to the
Western mind. If we do not try hard and dare to commit many errors in assimilating it
to our Western mentality, we simply get poisoned. For these symbols have a terribly
clinging tendency. They catch the unconscious somehow and cling to us. But they are a
foreign body in our system--corpus alienum--and they inhibit the natural growth and
development of our own psychology. It is like a secondary growth or a poison.
Therefore one has to make almost heroic attempts to master these things, to do
something against those symbols in order to deprive them of their influence.

Both quotes Carl Jung - The psychology of Kundalini Yoga.

I won't go into too great detail, but the second chakra is the unconscious.
In other words not a function.
And due to the way the Hindus approach it, i.e. the way their collective unconscious handles it,
it becomes poison to a mind who has grown up in the collective unconscious of the west.

The psychological process of individuation is clearly bound up with the so-called
transcendent function (q.v.), since it alone can provide that individual line of
development which would be quite unattainable upon the ways dictated by the collective
norm
(v. Symbol). Under no circumstances can individuation be taken for a goal, the
educational aim of adaptation to the necessary minimum of collective standards must
first be attained. A plant which is to be brought to the fullest possible unfolding of
its particular character must first of all be able to grow in the soil wherein it is
planted.

Carl Jung - Psychological Types

The collective unconscious which you have grown up is your soil.
By importing soil from a foreign land you risk major contamination,
bugs, pests and lack of necessary nutrients are some of the risks.
Metaphorically speaking of course.
Some plants may be able to handle it, but it is a huge risk,
much bigger risk than diving deep into the occult waters of ones own culture.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I know Chakra from watching Naruto. In Kishimoto Story, naruto character can use chackra for ninjutsu technique with some hand seal.
May be we should raise questions about chackra.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I love this - thanks for your genuine interest in this topic [MENTION=36379]Riverfairy[/MENTION] :) :hug: :heart:

Hmm... I don't know enough about MBTI functions to comment on that aspect regarding chakras. But from my perspective as a Hindu and a Reiki healer, I'd say what you've described in brief is fairly accurate of where you're getting at. :)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
*scratches head* Doesn't chakra come from Hinduism? Arguably the oldest religion in the world? Dunno how that can be interpreted as "new age".