• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's your Chinese Zodiac? Does it match your personality?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I under a Chinese system zodiac happen to be a rabbit. The Rabbit is the fourth sign of the Chinese zodiac and is a very lucky sign. It looks like we've... got quite a sophisticated period with gracious manners and sensitivity ahead.

Personality of the Rabbit;
Although Rabbits are generally private individuals and may be a bit introverted, it can also be said that they are reasonably friendly and enjoy the company of good friends. When it comes to choosing a career they make good teachers, counselors and communicators, but need to retreat into their own space from time to time. People born in the year of the rabbit possess characteristics that make them: enthusiastic, clever, delicate, tranquil, serene, understanding, stylish, and kind. You will not see them exhibiting aggressive behavior, in fact they will try to avoid confrontation at all costs.

Even when they are angry about something, they will approach it calmly and considerately without raising their voice or showing that they are annoyed. They are intelligent and quick, and can talk themselves in or out of most situations with no problem. The Rabbit is a symbol for mercy, elegance, and worship of beauty. The Rabbit is a kind, loving person, and dislikes any hostile act. Their gentle appearance gives the impression of frailty and that they need to be cared for.

But, the truth is they are strong-minded and have strong wills. They pursue and go after their ideals in a precise and orderly manner; doing things slowly and with purpose because of their cautious characters. There is no need to worry about them; they are nimble, wise and good at avoiding harm to themselves. They are gifted and enjoy artistic pursuits, such as painting and music. They are very sociable people and make good hosts. However, they stop short at displays of affection in public places. They strive in a clutter-free zone and you will find their homes and officers clutter-free.

angelgirl

MBTI Type
Infj
Do you know anything about the Rat? That’s my zodiac :D:blush:

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
The Water Boar

Water Boar

A lot of this is deftly accurate.
A few things could not be further off. Mainly in the gluttony and materialism bit.

I’m amused by the ways in which it goesagainst everything you would expect from an ENTJ 8w7 but I think these particular conradictions are the perfect shadow, the weaknesses we try so hard to erase. Our soft underbellies, Things which as boars, we protect feircly.
( hey, it also says honest to a fault.) Sort of a “ ask and ye shall know...but then I have to kill you.” deal.

I really like the correlation between this animal and it’s fear of being cornered. Boars are at the same time the easiest and most dangerous prey. Content to let you nearby while they naively go about thier own ways, but if they sense intent to harm they charge and gore you to death. Yeah, I can relate to that part.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My sign is the tiger, my Astrology sign is the lion...now I just need to find a system that identifies me as a bear, oh my!

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
The Metal Horse

Metal Horse

Charming and cheerful, the Horse is an extremely likable character. Hard working, self-possessed and sharp, the Horse skillfully acquires power, wealth and respect. However, the Horse's sometime-appreciated frankness can be tactless. The Horse's impatient pursuit of success may become selfish and predatory. Horses can be obstinate. In truth, they are more cunning than intelligent, and they know it. This is why, despite that air of assurance, the Horse lacks confidence in himself.

Above all, the Horse is cut out to be in politics, a career which could bring great personal satisfaction with the opportunity to grind his own ax. He could be a winner here, for he has the facility to sway the crowd.

He is very quick-witted and he is right in there with you before you have had the chance to finish what you were saying; he's on to the thought in your mind even before you've expressed it. This permits the Horse to forestall any arguments that anyone can dream up.

Resourceful and self-confident, Horses approach all things enthusiastically. Quick-witted and mentally alert, they are quick to catch on and efficient in all their undertakings. Because of this ability, this dexterous and incisive mind of theirs, they can make accurate judgments and sound decisions instantaneously. They are particularly skilled at handling money, very often in business dealings following their hunches. When it comes to intuition they have a sixth sense that is quite uncanny. Unfortunately, as the Horse is a creature of changing moods he's liable to lose interest suddenly in things he's taken up, whether it's a love affair, a single deal in business, or a whole career. He'll start again with the same determination, and he'll enjoy an equal success. He can make it in any career that demands neither solitude nor meditation, for he is an extrovert and he needs to be surrounded by people who approve of him and flatter him.

The first and second part of the Horse's life will be full of ups and downs. He will leave his home and family while he is still young, and this will bring its own disappointments. His love life will be by no means smooth. But the third phase of the Horse's life will be a peaceful one.

Under the influence of the Metal element, he is popular, demonstrative, impetuous, bold, and unruly, amorous with an engaging personality and immense appeal to the opposite sex :wubbie:. He is gifted with a prolific mind and fine intuition, able to be extremely productive as he seems to be everywhere at once. He has strong recuperative powers, constantly seeking excitement and new ideas. He is not a consistent administrator, requiring rewarding stimulation and fun in his work, else he will become irresolute and irresponsible. He does not function well on a constant diet of routine or close supervision.

anime_nature

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you know anything about the Rat? That’s my zodiac :D:blush:

"Occupying the 1st and most prominent position on the Chinese Zodiac, the Rat symbolizes such character traits as wit, imagination and curiosity. Rats have keen observation skills and with those skills they’re able to deduce much about other people and other situations. Overall, Rats are full of energy, talkative and charming but they have a tendency to become aggressive.

Rats are full of good advice but they will never share their troubles with others. They are honest individuals and they enjoy living for the moment. They’re also capable of surviving any situation."

Just to add, they aren't in the best terms with cats according to the Chinese story...

anime_nature

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
.. didn’t know cats were part of the Chinese zodiac.. ;)

In the Vietnamese version of the zodiac, the cat replaces the rabbit. According to my Viet teacher, they felt bad for the cat. Not sure why they picked the rabbit out of all the other animals, though.

In the Chinese Zodiac story, it mentions the cat and why cats and rats hate each other. I heard 2 versions of the story:

Version 1: The Jade Emperor hosted a race for all animals. It was a race across a river, presumably the Yangtze. The rat and the cat, who were best of friends, planned to participate in the race. On the day of the race, the cat decided to take a nap. Knowing that it might wake up after the race begun, the cat asked its fellow rat to wake him/her up a little before the race begins. The rat nodded, promising that he/she'll do just that. When it was almost time for the race to begin, the rat was going to go to the race. He saw the cat, who was sleeping, and but left anyways. (My Chinese teacher never clarified why.) The cat woke up, and realized that it was way too late to go to the race. When the rat came back as the very first animal of the Zodiac, the Cat grew furious. From then on, the cat hated the rat, and they became mortal enemies since.

Version 2: This version, the cat never slept, and the two friends made it safely to the race. The day before, since the rat was too tiny to make it through the humongous river, asked the ox if it was alright for him to give the rat a ride. The ox, being a kindhearted-gentleman, agreed. Because the cat was the rat's best friend, the rat let the cat on the ox as well. (The ox didn't mind.) The ox was the strongest one, and also able to swim; therefore, the three animals were first in the race. When they were about an inch and a half from the finish line, the rat, wanting to be first and win, jumped towards the finish line. But in doing so, he kicked the cat off the ox. Unable to swim, the cat never got out of the water, and drowned.

Still not sure why the Vietnamese replaced the rabbit out of all the animals.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
^That's one of those really interesting cultural anomalies.

From my (very brief) search it is a difference attributed to a wide amount of reasons, from cultural clashes and historical ills to a difference in the Chinese use of the word 'mao' (not sure if Cantonese or Mandarin though) for rabbit, splitting into the Vietnamese 'meo' for cat (which is what it sounds like apparently).

Back to the topic at hand I'm meant to be an Earth Dragon in the Chinese zodiac, which sounds cool, but then all forer effects tend to (that's partially the point) and I'm not sure it fits me too well at all.

Dragon does sound cool though.