• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is your Druid Zodiac sign?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“This is the Druid zodiac calendar. They are part of the Celtic race and culture. The Cells lived over a large part of Europe. Their ancestors were pushed back by the Romans and Germanic tribes. Their descendants live in the northwest point of France called Brittany. They live in Wales, which is part of Great Britain. They most famously live in Ireland. They also live in scattered parts of the British Isles. The druids and Cells were a very intuitive people. They also had close ties with nature.

The Druid calendar is moon and tree based. I have written about mother earth and Gaia, as being a planetary organism. As such I am attracted to both earth based and matriarchal societies. Native Americans, Celts and native peoples do not take the earth for granted. I will now share the tree based moon calendar of the Druids:”

Dec 24 - Jan 20 Birch tree the Achiever

Jan 21 - Feb 17 Rowan tree, the Thinker

Feb 18 - Mar 17 Ash tree, the Enchanter

Mar 18- Apr 14 Alder tree, the Trailblazer

Apr 15- May 12 Willow tree, the Observer

May 13- Jun 9 Hawthorn tree, the Illusionist

Jun. 10- Jul 7 Oak tree, the Stabilizer

Jul 8- Aug 4 Holly, the Ruler

Aug 5 Sep 1 Hazel, the Knower

Sep 2- Sep 29 Vine, the Equalizer

Sep 30- Oct 27 Ivy the survivor

Oct 28- Nov 24 Reed, the Inquisitor

Nov 25 - Dec 23 Elder, the Seeker

I am the Oak tree, the Stabilizer Oak signs are known to be strong, protective, generous and nurturing. They are highly optimistic and they believe that everything has it’s way of working out. Oaks enjoy learning about history and ancestry, which makes them great teachers. They also crave structure. Oaks love having large families and they enjoy being involved in their communities.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Sun sign - Trail Blazer
Moon sign - Stabilizer
Rising sign - Inquisitor

That's pretty awesome and quite accurate.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
May 13 – June 9 Hawthorn
signs in Celtic tree astrology are not at all what they appear to be. Outwardly, they appear to be a certain persona, while on the inside Hawthorn's are quite different. They put the term "never judge a book by its cover" to the test. They live seemingly average lives while on the inside they carry fiery passions and inexhaustible creative flame. They are well adjusted and can adapt to most life situations well – making themselves content and comforting others at the same time. You are naturally curious, and have an interest in a broad range of topics. You are an excellent listener, and people seek you out as an outlet to release their burdens. You have a healthy sense of humor, and have a clear understanding of irony. You tend to see the big picture, and have amazing insight – although you typically won't give yourself enough credit for your observations. Hawthorn signs match up nicely with Ash and Rowan's. Sign: Hawthorn Tree (Uath) Symbol: The Chalice Ruling Planet: Vuican - Govannan Celtic Gods: Govannan or Gobniu

Uncanny.

...except that I most definitely DO give myself credit for my observations. Someone has to.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rowan Tree

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do I figure out my Celtic moon and ascendant signs?

How do I figure out my Celtic moon and ascendant signs?

You have to know the degrees of your Western Moon and Ascendant to roughly estimate the birth date if that were to be someone's Sun sign. Like my Moon, for instance, is in 20 degrees Pisces, which would fall around the 10th of March, so my Celtic Moon sign would be the Ash tree.

I'm not sure if the Celtic zodiac works in correspondence with traditional Western astrology, but I think that's how you'd estimate it if it does.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where do you find the descriptions everyone is posting?

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Willow - The Observer

I must say, I like it.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you google the full name of the sign, the first result will have a description for that sign.
It's always this site for some reason: Birch The Achiever - OneTreePlanted

Oh thanks, this is mine then:

Ash The Enchanter - OneTreePlanted

It's accurate.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ash - The Enchanter

February 18 - March 17

Those born under the Celtic tree astrology sign of the Ash are free thinkers. Imaginative, intuitive, and naturally artistic, you see the world in water-color purity. You have a tendency to moody and withdrawn at times, but that's only because your inner landscape is in constant motion. You are in touch with your muse, and you are easily inspired by nature. Likewise, you inspire all that you associate with and people seek you out for your enchanting personality. Art, writing (especially poetry), science, and theology (spiritual matters) are areas that strongly interest you. Others may think you are reclusive, but in all honesty, you are simply immersed in your own world of fantastic vision and design. You are in a constant state of self-renewal and you rarely place a value on what others think about you. Ash signs partner well with Willow and Reed signs.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Maybe cause you have achiever moon?

You would know about that better than I so-yeah, probably!

On that note; if I am Gemini AND the illusionist does that mean there are not one, not two, but four of me? That would explain a lot of things.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
You would know about that better than I so-yeah, probably!

On that note; if I am Gemini AND the illusionist does that mean there are not one, not two, but four of me? That would explain a lot of things.

Have you ever heard of the elephant metaphor? That's a good way to simplify the difference between Druid astrology and modern astrology. The answer is that there isn't no difference.

Think of it like each degree of each zodiac sign has a very specific energy to it, if you look at Scorpio in the same degrees of the sky as modern astrology looks at Scorpio sun (oct 23 - nov 21) you get an accurate description of people's sun sign born in that range. But if you were to shift the dates to say nov 3 -nov 30, you could probably categorize them slightly differently and the description still hold fairly true because the energy given of by that window of degrees in the sky is slightly different than modern Scorpio.

Also, you notice that a lot of the Druid descriptions sound like modern descriptions, for example Aries and trailblazer description are really no different.

Do you see what I mean?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Have you ever heard of the elephant metaphor? That's a good way to simplify the difference between Druid astrology and modern astrology. The answer is that there isn't no difference.

Think of it like each degree of each zodiac sign has a very specific energy to it, if you look at Scorpio in the same degrees of the sky as modern astrology looks at Scorpio sun (oct 23 - nov 21) you get an accurate description of people's sun sign born in that range. But if you were to shift the dates to say nov 3 -nov 30, you could probably categorize them slightly differently and the description still hold fairly true because the energy given of by that window of degrees in the sky is slightly different than modern Scorpio.

Also, you notice that a lot of the Druid descriptions sound like modern descriptions, for example Aries and trailblazer description are really no different.

Do you see what I mean?

:yes: It makes perfect sense. Thank you.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
78aaa0c797080e5add2b0a44471228f9.jpg

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
normal

Ash - The Enchanter

February 18 - March 17

Those born under the Celtic tree astrology sign of the Ash are free thinkers. Imaginative, intuitive, and naturally artistic, you see the world in water-color purity. You have a tendency to moody and withdrawn at times, but that's only because your inner landscape is in constant motion. You are in touch with your muse, and you are easily inspired by nature. Likewise, you inspire all that you associate with and people seek you out for your enchanting personality. Art, writing (especially poetry), science, and theology (spiritual matters) are areas that strongly interest you. Others may think you are reclusive, but in all honesty, you are simply immersed in your own world of fantastic vision and design. You are in a constant state of self-renewal and you rarely place a value on what others think about you. Ash signs partner well with Willow and Reed signs.

Radio Bob

Resident Alien

Ivy, The Survivor.

Collected Lore
The Month of Ivy:

11th Moon of the Celtic Year
Ogham: G - Gort
Known as: The Survivor
Associated with: Determination, Change, Growth, Renewal, Connection, Friendship, Opportunity and Patience
Celtic Symbol: The Butterfly
Bird: The Mute Swan
Planet: Jupiter and The Sun
Color/Stone: Blue / Yellow Serpentine

Some believe that ivy grows so quickly because, in addition to sunlight, ivy can use moonlight for photosynthesis. This may be one of the reasons ivy is associated with darkness, the moon and deep emotions. Most ivy has five-pointed leaves which makes it a symbol of protection as it signifies the harmony of the elements unified by common bonding energy. The ivy gets its symbolism of connections and friendships because of its propensity to interweave in growth. Another tribute is the ivy’s ability to grow in challenging environments. The ivy is incredibly durable and can withstand harsh conditions. The ivy is also a symbol of survival and determination for the same reasons. It seems to be virtually indestructible and will often return after it has suffered damage or has been severely cut back. Also pertaining to its growth (and similar to the vine) the ivy grows in the shape of a spiral. This has long been considered a sacred symbol for:

Consciousness
Development
Expansion
Rebirth

Ivy travels everywhere - it spreads happily and thrives in many places where no other greenery could survive - its determination to reach through obstacles toward light and food is well known, and therefore Ivy symbolizes strength. Ivy is also equated with fidelity and can be used in charms to bind love, luck and fidelity to a person. A talisman made of Ivy would be good to give a friend since it will help ensure eternal friendship.

Ivy is believed to be a plant of protection. Ivy growing on a house has been considered good luck and protects the inhabitants from witchcraft and evil. Ivy provides protection against evil when growing on or near a house but should it fall off and die, misfortune was said to be on the way. Ivy is supposed to protect against drunkenness, particularly drinking from a goblet made from ivy wood. Ivy leaves were thought to prevent intoxication and the binding of the brow with ivy was seen as a counterbalance to the vine. It was thought that the effects of wine could be removed by a handful of ivy leaves which have been gently bruised and boiled in wine and drank. Ivy was sometimes used in divination: an ivy leaf placed in water on New Year' s Eve that was still be fresh on Twelfth Night foretold that the year ahead would be favorable. Should ivy not grow upon a grave, the soul of the person buried there is said to be restless - and should it grown abundantly on the grave of a young woman, then this meant that she died of a broken heart. Ivy is also connected with the Winter Solstice and is often used for decorating at Yule-tide. Ivy, intertwined with Holly, is traditionally made into crowns for the bride and groom at weddings/handfastings. Ivy was also used in ancient times for poet's crowns, since Ivy was believed to be a source of divine inspiration. Ivy was also used by the Greeks to make victory crowns for conquering heroes in the games held at Corinth. Holly and Ivy make excellent decorations for altars. An early church council even attempted to ban the use of Ivy in church decorations because of its Pagan associations.

Ivy is sacred to Osiris and Saturn. It is also connected with the god Dionysus. When Zeus's wife Hera, discovered that Zeus had bedded Semele, the daughter of Cadmus, King of Thebes, Hera suggested to Semele that she should ask Zeus to unveil himself to her. When he did so, his divine flames consumed her and almost killed her unborn child, Dionysus, but for a sudden growth of ivy. In still another story of the deities, Kissos is the name given to a nymph who dances so furiously at a Dionysian feast that she collapses and dies of exhaustion. Dionysus, grieving her untimely death, changes her into ivy. Most Ivies have five-pointed leaves which are sacred to the Goddess. It is also a symbol of vibrancy as the druids admired its bright green hue. Often, sprigs of ivy would be woven into chain necklaces or head adornments to represent clarity of thought as well as celebrate the vitality of nature surrounding them.

Tengri

willow.jpg

Willow – The Observer
April 15 – May 12
If you are a Willow sign, you are ruled by the moon, and so your personality holds hands with many of the mystical aspects of the lunar realm. This means you are highly creative, intuitive (highly psychic people are born under the sign of the Willow) and intelligent. You have a keen understanding of cycles, and you inherently know that every situation has a season. This gives you a realistic perspective of things, and also causes you to be morepatient than most tree signs. With your intelligence comes a natural ability to retain knowledge and you often impress your company with the ability to expound on subjects from memory. Willow Celtic tree astrology signs are bursting with potential, but have a tendency to hold themselves back for fear of appearing flamboyant or overindulgent. It is your powers of perception that ultimately allow your true nature to shine, and what leads you to success in life. Willow signs join well with the Birch and the Ivy.