• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who wants to talk about astrology?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
[MENTION=36353]RGB[/MENTION]
Do you mind telling me what your complete birth date, time, and place are?

It's okay. I'm sorry for being rude with the pizza comment.

I actually do mind, as I feel that it's unsafe, and I am not interested in astrology anyways. My entire point in coming here was to say something against it, not give my info to someone to prove some type that also describes several who are not the type.

No offense. Not trying to be rude. Just being blunt lately.

Oh, I just realized I meant the ascendant. IDK, it's been years, again, I'm not into it. You were probably right about the aries moon thing then, there was a ton of that in there and no taurus. Lol my bad.

Why do you think astrology is objective truth? That is terrifying.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Oh ok. I can understand wanting to feel safe.

We don't have to talk about it.

Did your zodiac sign change? Don't worry, NASA says astrology is still fake - CSMonitor.com

NASA — Constellations and the Calendar

The constellations are different sizes and shapes, so the sun spends different lengths of time lined up with each one. The line from Earth through the sun points to Virgo for 45 days, but it points to Scorpius for only 7 days. To make a tidy match with their 12-month calendar, the Babylonians ignored the fact that the sun actually moves through 13 constellations, not 12. Then they assigned each of those 12 constellations equal amounts of time.

I once refused to give a coworker my sign information and she swore I was a Gemini. Lol.

According to the Minnesota Planetarium Society, here is where the real signs of the Zodiac should fall.

Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces: March 11-April 18.
Aries: April 18-May 13.
Taurus: May 13-June 21.
Gemini: June 21-July 20.
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17.
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20.

Ascribing personality traits to someone by birth is like ascribing them personality traits based on skin color. Racists!

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
My planet master that predetermined what my personality is was Uranus, that's why I'm such an asshole. Can't help it. Preordained personality trait. This is my destiny.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

That NASA thing is basically Vedic astrology. I don't know of many people who follow that.

I just go by the energy associated with each sign based on the traditional western astrology dates. I find it to be accurate. The reason that my belief in astrology is so strong is because I look at any given persons birth chart and compare that with their energy/behavior/etc. When comparing that to other people with similar placements, you can see the similarities. A lot of times the placements or enegies that I suspect someone has in there chart are in there chart in one way or another. There have been many situations where I have met someone who reminded me of something else, and then there birth charts were similar or the same in certain ways.

You can also see similarities in people's behavior with similar birth dates.

You're obviously hellbent against astrology, and your bio, which you've now decided to delete, has made it clear that you don't like anything that doesn't go with societally accepted "science". So I'm sure you will find a reason to scoff or disagree. But it honestly just seems like you're trying to convince yourself against it because you have a psychological construct against it. Most people who don't believe in astrology ignore it, but your seemingly obsessive distain for it almost makes it seem like there's denial there.

I guess by this point you realize that you aren't even being all that logical about this. You're just expressing your distain.

Suaimhneas

I think 3 planets without the Sun and Moon is fine for a stellium, but generally 4 planets is what is considered an "authentic" stellium from what I've read. I personally would disregard the stellium label altogether and just look for what houses seem to garner the most activity because that would showcase your prominent areas. For instance, I have a splash chart so I'm going to feel a lot of connection to many houses in general, but finding emphasis on my dominant houses is harder to gauge. However, after thorough examination over the years, I've come to the conclusion that my 4th and 10th houses are the most important in my chart due to my top dominant signs residing there as well as stronger aspect placements regarding the angles taking place there too. Most likely, if you have a lot of planets in one house over the other, it usually means there's more of a fixation there over other houses, so it would be an important factor to at least consider in your chart.

To answer your second concern, some astrologers believe that early degrees is an embodiment of the sign in its purest form, but simultaneously indicates inexperience and new beginnings. The later the degrees, the more mature the sign. I have read that a person with many later degree placements is indicative of someone being an "old soul" versus early degree placements as "new souls." Think of a newborn fawn just learning to walk on its gangling legs versus an older, sturdier deer. The 29th degree is an anaretic degree which means it's at its peak point and can take on traits of the next sign, but anything after 0 has no cusps and is solely in its own sign. However, 0 degrees is still considered a critical degree and therefore your Mercury would be very potent, but there will be a lot of bumps and grinds on the way. Not sure how significant this all is, but it's another interesting theory to look into, I suppose. Hope this helps somewhat.

Btw, fellow Cancer Sun, Pisces Moon here. :bye:

Hello my Cancer Sun/Pisces Moon sister :bye: I thank you for your response, it is appreciated. My planets are concentrated in the 1st/7th houses and Capricorn/Cancer, respectively. I find this a bit ironic, since these are both opposing houses and signs. From my understanding, this means they should complement each other with somewhat of a ying/yang balance. However, my ascendant in the 1st House/Capricorn contains the malefic houses of Neptune (opposition Jupiter/Sun and sextile Pluto), Saturn (opposition Jupiter/Sun/Mercury and square Mars), and Uranus (opposition Jupiter/Sun and sextile Moon). These three planets are also all in conjunction. I am still very inexperienced in my understanding of aspects, so I haven't pegged how all of these relationships affect each other. I wonder if some of this does have to do with my difficulty in self expression and self understanding and, therefore, in typing myself. I am curious how the concentration in your opposing 4th/10th houses has had an effect on you and your chart? Does it prove to be a hindrance or more complementary in your experience?

Suaimhneas

That NASA thing is basically Vedic astrology. I don't know of many people who follow that.

I just go by the energy associated with each sign based on the traditional western astrology dates. I find it to be accurate. The reason that my belief in astrology is so strong is because I look at any given persons birth chart and compare that with their energy/behavior/etc. When comparing that to other people with similar placements, you can see the similarities. A lot of times the placements or enegies that I suspect someone has in there chart are in there chart in one way or another. There have been many situations where I have met someone who reminded me of something else, and then there birth charts were similar or the same in certain ways.

Have you ever looked into your Vedic/Sidereal natal chart? Do you at all identify with it? In theory, I would think that Vedic astrology should be more accurate due to it aligning with the constellations in the sky at the actual time of birth versus their position thousands of years ago.

Hello my Cancer Sun/Pisces Moon sister :bye: I thank you for your response, it is appreciated. My planets are concentrated in the 1st/7th houses and Capricorn/Cancer, respectively. I find this a bit ironic, since these are both opposing houses and signs. From my understanding, this means they should complement each other with somewhat of a ying/yang balance. However, my ascendant in the 1st House/Capricorn contains the malefic houses of Neptune (opposition Jupiter/Sun and sextile Pluto), Saturn (opposition Jupiter/Sun/Mercury and square Mars), and Uranus (opposition Jupiter/Sun and sextile Moon). These three planets are also all in conjunction. I am still very inexperienced in my understanding of aspects, so I haven't pegged how all of these relationships affect each other. I wonder if some of this does have to do with my difficulty in self expression and self understanding and, therefore, in typing myself. I am curious how the concentration in your opposing 4th/10th houses has had an effect on you and your chart? Does it prove to be a hindrance or more complementary in your experience?

No problem. :)

Interesting that your planets reside in angular houses as well. Do any of your planets touch your Ascendant/Descendant? Supposedly I've read that angle conjunctions are critical areas that require considerable attention to in general, but since that axis is also the most heavily populated out of all the houses in your chart, it's still vastly important. Also, I wouldn't consider Neptune a malefic planet. All planets have positive and negative qualities depending on how they fit in with the rest of your chart and how you deal with them.

I think it's an interesting combo you have in the 1st house -- the Neptune/Saturn/Uranus conjunction. I would assume your Capricorn qualities would be amplified having Saturn there. The opposition with the Sun/Jupiter conjunction would probably indicate a greater obstacle, though a rewarding one in the end. It would emphasize an extensive need to establish relationships with other people, but there's going to be a push-pull in that direction, probably due to reluctance/uncertainty at times. Saturn in the 1st would definitely be a big one for inhibiting you to express yourself openly from a fear of putting yourself out there and Neptune would further it by making you question who you are constantly. I've read that stepping outside of yourself and helping others would provide better clarity in that direction. The conjunction would indicate that you'd have your own unique spin on aiding those less fortunate than yourself in order for a greater sense of unity and understanding of the self and in turn would simultaneously lessen the doubts and fears instilled in you with Saturn being there.

As for my 4th/10th house axis (and a double whammy of Cancer/Capricorn in their natural houses, no less!), it's definitely been more of a struggle than something easily integrative for me, but I suppose that's a good thing since I also have the famously indolent Grand Water Trine and Taurus Mars (though thankfully it's at least in my 1st house). I have conjunctions/oppositions touching my Midheaven and Nadir, and my biggest struggles have been along these aspects. For me, I'm supposed to become in tune with my 10th house needs, especially because my North Node tightly conjuncts my MC while opposing my Sun/Venus/IC/SN conjunction. And to top it off, Uranus and Neptune are conjuncting each other in the 10th too. Each are actually a shared axis between the 3rd/4th and 9th/10 houses, but supposedly you count the next house if the planet/point is a few degrees behind like the Sun and NN are in my chart, so instead it's more of a 4th/10th house axis.

My biggest issues have been a constant push-pull toward 10th house matters regarding status, career, discipline, networking, etc. I have a lot of angle conjunctions and oppositions and find those to be my greatest hindrance overall. So far in my own chart studies, I've found that in this lifetime it's a dire necessity for me to focus on my North Node at a younger age than most people due to my SN conjunctions and oppositions because they signify karmic debts. My hope is to accomplish the first sprinklings of this before my first Saturn Return hits some years down the line.

Out of curiosity, where does your North Node reside? That may provide a clearer picture on how to combat your 1st/7th house concerns.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Funny...you never see "reverse typing" in astrology. As in, "you have these qualities and thus I can tell you are this sign." No, the sign is generally told first.

Amberiat

Infinity
Funny...you never see "reverse typing" in astrology. As in, "you have these qualities and thus I can tell you are this sign." No, the sign is generally told first.

Man, that's such a Scorpio thing to say!

Seriously I think it's interesting how a complete work of fiction like astrology is so seriously debated and even taken into consideration just because it has a certain level of complexity and depth (which I may add is impressive for complete fiction) add to that the fact that people may get conned by the super generalized descriptions that just about anybody will fit into and you get a bunch of brainwashed idiots.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Man, that's such a Scorpio thing to say!

Seriously I think it's interesting how a complete work of fiction like astrology is so seriously debated and even taken into consideration just because it has a certain level of complexity and depth (which I may add is impressive for complete fiction) add to that the fact that people may get conned by the super generalized descriptions that just about anybody will fit into and you get a bunch of brainwashed idiots.

Only a Pisces would have such immaculate astrological sign insights!

Yeah ngl I'm Ne enough to be one of the idiots that would explore the possibility because I seem to consider the 1% even if I'm like "heh yeah right," but it's still stupid af and rather easy to disprove / invalidate.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

i have to check IDs at my job, and like to play 'guess the sun sign' before i see their date of birth. certain signs are much easier for me to spot than others.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
i have to check IDs at my job, and like to play 'guess the sun sign' before i see their date of birth. certain signs are much easier for me to spot than others.

lol yea but then it's just statistical probability...all the signs are fragments of universal human nature and malleable character. Barnum Effect. I mean cmon...Aries are impulsive? Anyone can be...

Amberiat

Infinity
Only a Pisces would have such immaculate astrological sign insights!

Yeah ngl I'm Ne enough to be one of the idiots that would explore the possibility because I seem to consider the 1% even if I'm like "heh yeah right," but it's still stupid af and rather easy to disprove / invalidate.

The bolded line, I relate to that completely, I just explore the possibility out of curiosity even if I'm sure it's pointless just in case it offers anything else that might be valuable.

Carl G. Jung, the grandfather of analytical psychology and the very man behind typology theory itself, had a profound interest in astrology. There's even a book on it credited with his own writing, Jung on Astrology:

Amazon.com: Jung on Astrology (9781138230736): C. G. Jung, Safron Rossi, Keiron Le Grice: Books

People on TypoC who condemn and call others stupid for taking interest in astrology don't even realize they idolize a man who very much believed in it himself.

Jung on Astrology brings together C. G. Jung’s thoughts on astrology in a single volume for the first time, significantly adding to our understanding of Jung’s work.

Jung’s Collected Works, seminars, and letters contain numerous discussions of this ancient divinatory system, and Jung himself used astrological horoscopes as a diagnostic tool in his analytic practice. Understood in terms of his own psychology as a symbolic representation of the archetypes of the collective unconscious, Jung found in astrology a wealth of spiritual and psychological meaning and suggested it represents the "sum of all the psychological knowledge of antiquity."

The selections and editorial introductions by Safron Rossi and Keiron Le Grice address topics that were of critical importance to Jung―such as the archetypal symbolism in astrology, the precession of the equinoxes and astrological ages, astrology as a form of synchronicity and acausal correspondence, the qualitative nature of time, and the experience of astrological fate―allowing readers to assess astrology’s place within the larger corpus of Jung’s work and its value as a source of symbolic meaning for our time.

The book will be of great interest to analytical psychologists, Jungian psychotherapists and academics and students of depth psychology, Jungian and post-Jungian studies, as well as to astrologers and therapists of other orientations, especially transpersonal.

Hilarious.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Carl G. Jung, the grandfather of analytical psychology and the very man behind typology theory itself, had a profound interest in astrology. There's even a book on it credited with his own writing, Jung on Astrology:

Amazon.com: Jung on Astrology (9781138230736): C. G. Jung, Safron Rossi, Keiron Le Grice: Books

People on TypoC who condemn and call others stupid for taking interest in astrology don't even realize they idolize a man who very much believed in it himself.

Hilarious.

Well I personally was calling myself an idiot up there^
but also
being into typology doesn't mean they idolize the man, nor that they have to agree with everything he believes in just because he believed in it lol
Otherwise no one who thinks spirituality is stupid or is uninterested in it could be into Jungian theory by that logic if applied consistently lol that's utter nonsense, no offense.
http://www.petergeyer.com.au/library/Image_to_Likeness_Review.pdf

"People idolize a man for being the originator of some questionable nomothetic theory / soft science because they are interested in it and study it as a hobby in their spare time and must also accept everything else he believes in therefore" is what's hilarious.

Furthermore, it could also be argued that we're all idiots in some way or another...otherwise, what the hell is an inferior function? In other words, you shouldn't take things so personally.

Well I personally was calling myself an idiot up there^
but also
being into typology doesn't mean they idolize the man, nor that they have to agree with everything he believes in just because he believed in it lol
Otherwise no one who thinks spirituality is stupid or is uninterested in it could be into Jungian theory by that logic if applied consistently lol that's utter nonsense, no offense.
http://www.petergeyer.com.au/library/Image_to_Likeness_Review.pdf

And to clarify if the above was interpreted as me condemning those who believe in it...I don't. But I do very strongly disagree with astrology and think it's stupid to believe in it. That said, I did explore it a bit when I was younger. I am not excluding myself from this.

"People idolize a man for being the originator of some questionable nomothetic theory / soft science because they are interested in it and study it as a hobby in their spare time and must also accept everything else he believes in therefore" is what's hilarious.

Furthermore, it could also be argued that we're all idiots in some way or another...otherwise, what the hell is an inferior function? In other words, you shouldn't take things so personally.

I know not everyone does, but many take his word of mouth as gospel especially on a typology site like this that is based on Jung's theory, which ironically has its roots in astrology.

But besides that, why are you even here if you have such an abhorrent distaste in astrology anyway? Not everyone is going to get the esoteric arts, that's fine, whatever. I don't understand why you have to be such a gadfly and continue disparaging the content in this thread. Just move the fuck on already.