• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who wants to talk about astrology?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Am not being unappreciative of the read. Busy weekend. Will comment later.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
It's sort of interesting, since the Aquarius is supposed to be intellectual and whatnot, and the Aries is very fiery. I never feel clever or anything, but I always relate to the aloof part. And my emotions can make me rather impulsive at times.

Well the things you "feel" would be your Aries since your moon is Aries and the moon governs emotions. You're Aquarius is what you are conciously aware of and your actions.

Citron

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Well the things you "feel" would be your Aries since your moon is Aries and the moon governs emotions. You're Aquarius is what you are conciously aware of and your actions.

I suppose the Moon also influences the Sun? My inner passion guides my actions, even though I'm not exactly in-your-face about it.

Lark

I really do like cheeseburgers were did you get your username?

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I suppose the Moon also influences the Sun? My inner passion guides my actions, even though I'm not exactly in-your-face about it.
Yes it does.
Your reactions come from the moon sign. Your moon sign is pretty much the influence behind everything. It's kind of like your static energy, it's always there kind of like a desire or a longing.

A lot of people say that the moon is the most important sign sign a person has because it's essentially who a person is deep down.

When you do something and then go, wow why did I just do that? That's an example of your sun and moon disagreeing with each other.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I really do like cheeseburgers were did you get your username?
I got the idea when my friends and I were looking up our names on urban dictionary, mines Mitch, and one of the definitions of mine is "a cheeseburger eating beast" and I always remembered it cause I thought it was funny.

I have eaten a lot of cheeseburgers in my day, but I'm currently on a diet lol, so not so many now.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Not really an astrology guy, curious nonetheless. Some of the descriptions do hit home.

I was born in an Aquarius-Pisces cusp, and I have Capricorn as my Moon sign, Leo as my ascendant.

I'm naturally withdrawn, but I've always been granted positions of Leadership throughout my life, even when I didn't want them.The Aquarius-Pisces cusp merges both between the intellectual realm and the intuitively emotional, a life and death erudition, a propensity for philosophy and its applications, detachment form social etiquette, intuitive connection, astute observations, reading people's motivations, knowing there is more than meets the eye, compassion, authenticity. Capricorn is all about practicability, pragmatism, putting ideas to work, calculation, self-possession and ambition. Leo is all about exuding confidence, nobility, loyalty, eloquence, authority, sophistication, generosity, tolerance, warmth towards the whole, and protection of the weak.

These are few of the similarities I have noted while amusingly going through the pages of the tomes of astrology.

Suaimhneas

I'm sure a lot of people on here don't believe in astrology and wont take it seriously, but I have a very strong belief in it and want to talk about it.

So, a conversation starter: Let's list our sun moon and rising sign (if you know them) and then go into how that applies to our personalities.

I want to share my knowledge about astrology with people who are interested and have an open mind. I don't want to waste time or energy on people who have no chance of entertaining the idea as a legitimate truth.

Friendship and Peace.

I'm not sure whether or not I believe in astrology, but that doesn't mean I don't find it interesting. It does seem like people dismiss it easily without truly attempting to understand it. Like most personality systems, astrology is just another way to examine yourself and those around you, even if you don't necessarily believe in it. A common criticism I've heard is that the definitions are intentionally vague...so while I do identify with my sun sign of Cancer, I wanted to dig deeper. I thought it would be entertaining to interpret my natal chart to see if it seems accurate... like my own experiment! It also ties in closely with astronomy and mythology which I find interesting, so that's a plus. I do like the idea of comparing it with established typology results to see if there is any correlation. I've only recently started trying to learn about it more in depth, so I'm just starting to get a grasp on concepts.

I'm a Cancer Sun, Pisces Moon, Capricorn Ascendant.

Cancer Sun: I resemble the crab in the fact that I do maintain a hard outer shell, but am a soft person underneath. If I'm being myself without filter, I do come off relatively shy and somewhat aloof to those I don't know well. I am extremely private and not very forthcoming with intimate details. I would say I've only -truly- opened myself up to honest intimacy with one or two people in my life. There are a few others that I have opened up to, but in these cases I tend to compartmentalize details so that one person doesn't know too much. Once someone gets to know me a bit better and I feel comfortable, then I am much more friendly and engaging. I actually am pretty goofy and light hearted. I hate to admit it, but I crave being needed. I find that I am very nurturing within my direct family and very close relationships, even to the point of self sacrifice. I am intuitive and tend to pick up on the moods of others somewhat easily. I am a homebody that loves to spend time in my house alone or with those I'm close to. I'm prone to nostalgia and have been known to keep sentimental relics or mementos of the past. Hobbies of mine include genealogy and family history. When I do not get my personal time, I do tend to get a bit crabby, but this would usually only be visible to my family or significant other. I do feel serene when surrounded by water and love being around it.

Pisces Moon: I am an admirer of art... I love most forms of music and am drawn to most any artwork. I also enjoy deep emotional dramas that involve the human experience... they are cathartic for me and allow me to tap into emotions that I tend to suppress within myself. I love to engage in deep conversation with other open minded people. I am laid back and take things with a grain of salt, but I can be quite sensitive if I feel I'm misunderstood or my character is called into question (I guess that could somewhat apply to Cancer too). I am very imaginative and can waste an afternoon away inside my own mind, although I rarely share any of these thoughts with other people. I tend to idealize my partner, at least at first, in relationships and am a romantic at heart. I love to travel and have definitely indulged in other forms of escapism, such as recreational drugs. However, these experiences tend to be more for exploration and understanding than trying to truly numb out.

Capricorn Ascendant: This is a side that certainly has developed with age... within the professional environment I can relate to this sign. I am a very big believer in personal accountability and tend to work independently... I may be a bit perfectionistic when it comes to work. While I may appear confident and capable, it is the result of hard work and application over time. I do not want to appear stupid or incompetent, so in these ways I tend to be self conscious. My Cancer/Pisces attributes would barely be visible to most acquaintances and professional colleagues, until perhaps we had a one on one conversation or got to know each other outside of work... then they may catch a glimmer. Security, especially financially and in the long term, is very important to me. I am restless with accomplishments and don't dwell on them long before I feel obligated to do something else. I tend to be frugal with spending and not very frivolous. On a negative note, I can see where I may come off as condescending at times. In these cases it's usually not intentional and I actually feel quite bad about it. While many of these traits are present, if I were to live out life with this 'mask' all of the time I would tire and become exhausted. I wouldn't truly be happy. I need to revert back to my hermit mode and emotional side that is true to my Sun/Moon pairing.

On another note, I've read conflicting information on stelliums... some sources state they are considered three planets (unless one is your moon or sun) in one house/sign and some state four planets. What is your opinion? I have three planets in 1st House/Capricorn and four planets (including sun) in Cancer. I also have Mercury in Leo at 0 degrees. What is your interpretation of a planet at this degree? Would it mean a stronger presentation of Leo or is it possible that I may actually still resemble Cancer in this example?

On another note, I've read conflicting information on stelliums... some sources state they are considered three planets (unless one is your moon or sun) in one house/sign and some state four planets. What is your opinion? I have three planets in 1st House/Capricorn and four planets (including sun) in Cancer. I also have Mercury in Leo at 0 degrees. What is your interpretation of a planet at this degree? Would it mean a stronger presentation of Leo or is it possible that I may actually still resemble Cancer in this example?

I think 3 planets without the Sun and Moon is fine for a stellium, but generally 4 planets is what is considered an "authentic" stellium from what I've read. I personally would disregard the stellium label altogether and just look for what houses seem to garner the most activity because that would showcase your prominent areas. For instance, I have a splash chart so I'm going to feel a lot of connection to many houses in general, but finding emphasis on my dominant houses is harder to gauge. However, after thorough examination over the years, I've come to the conclusion that my 4th and 10th houses are the most important in my chart due to my top dominant signs residing there as well as stronger aspect placements regarding the angles taking place there too. Most likely, if you have a lot of planets in one house over the other, it usually means there's more of a fixation there over other houses, so it would be an important factor to at least consider in your chart.

To answer your second concern, some astrologers believe that early degrees is an embodiment of the sign in its purest form, but simultaneously indicates inexperience and new beginnings. The later the degrees, the more mature the sign. I have read that a person with many later degree placements is indicative of someone being an "old soul" versus early degree placements as "new souls." Think of a newborn fawn just learning to walk on its gangling legs versus an older, sturdier deer. The 29th degree is an anaretic degree which means it's at its peak point and can take on traits of the next sign, but anything after 0 has no cusps and is solely in its own sign. However, 0 degrees is still considered a critical degree and therefore your Mercury would be very potent, but there will be a lot of bumps and grinds on the way. Not sure how significant this all is, but it's another interesting theory to look into, I suppose. Hope this helps somewhat.

Btw, fellow Cancer Sun, Pisces Moon here. :bye:

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Oh, no. This again. The "astroillogical" signs. Aries sun and Pisces moon, now figure out how that walking contradiction works and you still won't be any closer to knowing a thing about me because it's all a lie. That's why after collecting a college classroom's information, they administered the wrong ones deliberately, and 3/4 people said it was accurate because they thought it was theirs. It's a Barnum Effect. Fragments of human nature that's within us all, dispensed in sections. Like slices of a pizza. They give you a slice, but in the end it's all just pizza--the others are just like you, too; some less than others, but that doesn't make this any less correct. You should hunger for healthier foods than astrology pizza, too much is bad for you.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=36353]RGB[/MENTION]

I guess you don't realize this, but there are a lot of people that have studied astrology way more than you.

You're being arrogant.

So you don't believe in astrology, ok. A lot of people don't. You shouldn't just show up in a forum with a comment like that as if none of us have ever thought of what you said before. And no, your pizza metaphor did not make you sound clever.

I think I speak for the astrology community when I say; study it more or be quiet. As much as you may want to act like it is, astrology is not something you can disprove with facts (which brings me back to my previous point) so be quiet.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx

I guess you don't realize this, but there are a lot of people that have studied astrology way more than you.

You're being arrogant.

So you don't believe in astrology, ok. A lot of people don't. You shouldn't just show up in a forum with a comment like that as if none of us have ever thought of what you said before. And no, your pizza metaphor did not make you sound clever.

I think I speak for the astrology community when I say; study it more or be quiet. As much as you may want to act like it is, astrology is not something you can disprove with facts (which brings me back to my previous point) so be quiet.

It's not arrogance, it's just truth. It's a bunch of nonsense.

Pizza analogy wasn't meant to sound clever, I just use analogies.
You're interpretations of me aren't accurate.

No. I'm entitled to speak my mind and say what I think just as much as everyone here. There is a plethora of evidence against it. It's a Barnum Effect.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
It's not arrogance, it's just truth. It's a bunch of nonsense.

Pizza analogy wasn't meant to sound clever, I just use analogies.
You're interpretations of me aren't accurate.

No. I'm entitled to speak my mind and say what I think just as much as everyone here. There is a plethora of evidence against it. It's a Barnum Effect.

It's YOUR truth, and it's YOUR belief that astrology is not real.

My interpretations of you are that you are trying to be overly logical and that you are arrogant. According to your bio, I'm not the first person who thought those things.

Also according to the Birthday on your bio, you're moon is in either Aries or Taurus.

My recommendation to you is to stop putting your emotional or feeling sign so low on the totem pole. I think that you are missing things because of that.

I too am on a quest for objective truth, and whether you think it's funny or not, that is how I came to follow astrology. It's hard to see the truth when you don't give it a chance.

Peace and Love to you

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
It's YOUR truth, and it's YOUR belief that astrology is not real.

My interpretations of you are that you are trying to be overly logical and that you are arrogant. According to your bio, I'm not the first person who thought those things.

Also according to the Birthday on your bio, you're moon is in either Aries or Taurus.

My recommendation to you is to stop putting your emotional or feeling sign so low on the totem pole. I think that you are missing things because of that.

I too am on a quest for objective truth, and whether you think it's funny or not, that is how I came to follow astrology. It's hard to see the truth when you don't give it a chance.

Peace and Love to you

Yeah, you're wrong, but I'm not interested in drama. Take care.

- - - Updated - - -

Astrology is still nonsense.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I was pretty clearly trying to move it away from drama. Me being wrong is 100% your opinion and has nothing to do with facts.

Go ahead and stick to your opinion since you have nothing to back it up.

I wish you well.

Astrology always was and still is total truth.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I was pretty clearly trying to move it away from drama. Me being wrong is 100% your opinion and has nothing to do with facts.

Go ahead and stick to your opinion since you have nothing to back it up.

I wish you well.

Astrology always was and still is total truth.

I also meant that you were incorrect about the moon, btw. I used to be into this stuff / researched it all years ago, sadly.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=36353]RGB[/MENTION] please explain how I am wrong about the moon. All sarcasm aside.

Also, researched it in what way? To what extent?

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

If you're so factually sure that you're right, why are you so emotionally uncomfortable with sharing the reason that you believe that you're right?

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
[MENTION=36353]RGB[/MENTION] please explain how I am wrong about the moon. All sarcasm aside.

Also, researched it in what way? To what extent?

Because according to my birth place, time, and date, it was Aries / Pisces, and I am positive of this.

IDK, I'm beginning to wonder whether I am hypoglycemic. I get emotional for unknown reasons, then get food in my system and suddenly I'm fine.
So, sorry for being rude before.

I read a lot / researched.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Do you mind telling me what your complete birth date, time, and place are?

It's okay. I'm sorry for being rude with the pizza comment.