• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who wants to talk about astrology?

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am a Sun in Gemini, with Leo Rising in Virgo cusp, which makes me more of a Virgo rising to my knowledge and my moon is in Pisces.

My house combinations are well, I have a Mars in 1st house and a North Node in Scorpio in the 3rd, I have a Pluto in Scorpio in the 4th in conjuction with my Jupiter in Sagittarius, my Moon is in the 8th house. My Venus and Mercury are in my Midheaven, my Lilith is also in my midheaven.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I am a Sun in Gemini, with Leo Rising in Virgo cusp, which makes me more of a Virgo rising to my knowledge and my moon is in Pisces.

My house combinations are well, I have a Mars in 1st house and a North Node in Scorpio in the 3rd, I have a Pluto in Scorpio in the 4th in conjuction with my Jupiter in Sagittarius, my Moon is in the 8th house. My Venus and Mercury are in my Midheaven, my Lilith is also in my midheaven.

Not sure I know what you mean. How could your rising sign be more Virgo if it is on the Leo side of the cusp?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hello, i’m chickpea and i love astrology!!!

i’m a spicy aries, with an adorable libra rising and a no fucks given sagittarius moon.

here’s my birth chart for the bajillionth time:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not sure I know what you mean. How could your rising sign be more Virgo if it is on the Leo side of the cusp?

i have a similar situation, where my rising is at 28 degrees, so most of my first house is taken up by scorpio instead of libra. i’ve read differing opinions on the significance of that though.

Citron

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I've always been interested in astrology. My sun sign is Aquarius, my moon is Aries and my ascendant is Aquarius. For some reason, I didn't like having the same ascendant as my sun sign, haha! The Aries compensate for the emotional side though :newwink:

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
I've always been interested in astrology. My sun sign is Aquarius, my moon is Aries and my ascendant is Aquarius. For some reason, I didn't like having the same ascendant as my sun sign, haha! The Aries compensate for the emotional side though :newwink:

Aries moon is one of my fave moon signs. More specifically I love Aquarius sun Aries moon combos, I know of a lot of them. They're a hoot. 🙂

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Let me break it down to you then. I haven't heard about any differences of opinion as [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] mentioned, however, in rising signs, it is said that if you are on the final degrees of the sign that your ascendant is positioned in, your ascendant draws more similiarity from the next sign.

Citron

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Aries moon is one of my fave moon signs. More specifically I love Aquarius sun Aries moon combos, I know of a lot of them. They're a hoot. 🙂

It's sort of interesting, since the Aquarius is supposed to be intellectual and whatnot, and the Aries is very fiery. I never feel clever or anything, but I always relate to the aloof part. And my emotions can make me rather impulsive at times.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
[MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION]

I know a girl with libra rising on the Scorpio cusp. She's also an Aries, but w/gem moon. From my experience with her, and libra side of the cusp with Scorpio in general, this energy is biteyer (no that's not a real word) than full libra, but lacks the deep desire to dig into the unknown of true Scorpio and still shows the social interest of a libra.

Now I do understand what you guys mean about the house encompassing more of the second sign of the cusp.

My thought is that you're still more so the sign that you're degree is actually in.

Last edited:

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't know much about astrology but I know the basics (?) because I'm asked about it quite a bit.

Libra sun, Taurus moon, Gemini rising.

Metis

Question:

If the moon sign is the hidden self, the sun sign the external self, and the rising sign the paint job, then what does it mean to have a moon sign=rising sign? Where does that place the sun sign, if both the hidden self and the paint job are the same sign?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It's a good thing to have your ascendant match your sun sign, that means it easy to be yourself.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Question:

If the moon sign is the hidden self, the sun sign the external self, and the rising sign the paint job, then what does it mean to have a moon sign=rising sign? Where does that place the sun sign, if both the hidden self and the paint job are the same sign?

Calling the ascendant a paint job is probably not the best way to go :ninja:

The ascendant comes off more than just we appear, it's our first instincts and how we naturally act towards everything new to us. A moon sign exposed (conjunction the ascendant) means you practically wear your emotions on your sleeve. And when people get to know us better, doesn't mean the ascendant suddenly disappears either. It's really integrated in our personality.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Let me break it down to you then. I haven't heard about any differences of opinion as [MENTION=7991]chickpea[/MENTION] mentioned, however, in rising signs, it is said that if you are on the final degrees of the sign that your ascendant is positioned in, your ascendant draws more similiarity from the next sign.

So I hope I don't come across to you as a stubborn ass when I say this, but I've never seen anything that says the second sign has more of an influence than the sign that it is actually in. Although I understand what you're saying, It doesn't make sense to me nor does it match with my experience. I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with that thought. Maybe you guys are misinterpreting? I'm certainly open to reading an external write up on it if someone can provide a link.

Yes, rising sign is unique in the way that it influences the rest of your personality depending on its degree (by determining the houses), but that's the extent of it. As far as your rising energy, it's influenced the same way any other placement is when it's on a cusp.

I'm going to get into the car analogy here in a second and clarify the role of your rising sign in the scheme of your whole chart. Maybe that will help things make sense.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So I hope I don't come across to you as a stubborn ass when I say this, but I've never seen anything that says the second sign has more of an influence than the sign that it is actually in. Although I understand what you're saying, It doesn't make sense to me nor does it match with my experience. I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with that thought. Maybe you guys are misinterpreting? I'm certainly open to reading an external write up on it if someone can provide a link.

Yes, rising sign is unique in the way that it influences the rest of your personality depending on its degree (by determining the houses), but that's the extent of it. As far as your rising energy, it's influenced the same way any other placement is when it's on a cusp.

I'm going to get into the car analogy here in a second and clarify the role of your rising sign in the scheme of your whole chart. Maybe that will help things make sense.

No, you are not coming across to me as a stubborn ass, as you have a right to be skeptical or disagreeing. You don't need to apologize for disagreeing with me. We might be wrong and so might be you. I will be checking for sources to discuss the matter further with you in a couple of days, since I don't want to spend time doing that now; and exchange experiences, since you seem quite interested in Astrology.

Until then.

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Question:

Depends on house placement. You can have the same rising and the moon and have the moon in 12th house which would be a game changer for a chart.

TheCheeseBurgerKing

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Question:

So let me go further into the car analogy.

The whole analogy is: if you're a car, your moon sign is the actual car, your rising is the how you've externally decorated the car (what the color, do you have fancy rims, did you cover the seats in fur, etc), the sun sign is how you drive it as the sun sign relates to your actions (you're sun sign is what you are consciously aware of).

I got that analogy from an astrologer that I follow, I do think that it does a good job of quickly giving one an idea of each of the three separate roles of the placements and how they go together (these are the 3 most influential placements).

Forever, you have a good point and I agree with the sentiment of you saying that paint job is not a good description of rising sign due to its huge influence.

The rising sign IS the most external energy that one puts out, but it is always influencing us, it dictates our interest and it is essentially our life path. I heard somewhere that it is the energy that we came to this life to master, so our lives are coated in the energy. So, it is external, but it does have a huge influence.

So the analogy might not be perfect. When the guy made it up, he called the rising sign the paint job because it is what you notice first/it is most visible. I still think it's a great analogy overall.

Apologies for my writing, I'm doing this from my tiny cell phone (I'm not tiny).

Metis

Calling the ascendant a paint job is probably not the best way to go :ninja:

The ascendant comes off more than just we appear, it's our first instincts and how we naturally act towards everything new to us. A moon sign exposed (conjunction the ascendant) means you practically wear your emotions on your sleeve. And when people get to know us better, doesn't mean the ascendant suddenly disappears either. It's really integrated in our personality.

LOL Thanks. But still confusing.

So let me go further into the car analogy.

The whole analogy is: if you're a car, your moon sign is the actual car, your rising is the how you've externally decorated the car (what the color, do you have fancy rims, did you cover the seats in fur, etc), the sun sign is how you drive it as the sun sign relates to your actions (you're sun sign is what you are consciously aware of).

I got that analogy from an astrologer that I follow, I do think that it does a good job of quickly giving one an idea of each of the three separate roles of the placements and how they go together (these are the 3 most influential placements).

Forever, you have a good point and I agree with the sentiment of you saying that paint job is not a good description of rising sign due to its huge influence.

The rising sign IS the most external energy that one puts out, but it is always influencing us, it dictates our interest and it is essentially our life path. I heard somewhere that it is the energy that we came to this life to master, so our lives are coated in the energy. So, it is external, but it does have a huge influence.

So the analogy might not be perfect. When the guy made it up, he called the rising sign the paint job because it is what you notice first/it is most visible. I still think it's a great analogy overall.

Apologies for my writing, I'm doing this from my tiny cell phone (I'm not tiny).

Thanks. What would you say about a Sun-Scorpio; Moon,Rising-Aries combo? What would the dynamics be in that?

Depends on house placement. You can have the same rising and the moon and have the moon in 12th house which would be a game changer for a chart.

How would it change the game?

Wunjo

Maverick thinker.
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL Thanks. But still confusing.

Thanks. What would you say about a Sun-Scorpio; Moon,Rising-Aries combo? What would the dynamics be in that?

How would it change the game?

12th house moons do have very deep, complex emotions usually manifesting as an artistic nature, and they do not consciously, but subconsciously identify with their emotions. A 1st house moon is much more likely to wear their heart on the sleeve and identify with their emotions.