• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Stars and Personality

Mole

Permabanned
Astrology is as personality system created 300,000 years ago. Our lives were short sharp nasty and brutish, we looked up at the stars not knowing they were 100 billion galaxies and imagined the stars were supernatural beings who could influence our lives. And so the first ur-religion. was born, and on which other religions are based.

We are now in the middle of the Age.of Astronomy and we know astrology can't predict the future nor tell us anything about our personality, rather astrology puts us into a pleasant trance where we are gullible and suggestible.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
At first the stars were thought to be supernatural, but now we know they are natural .

We’re made of stars, mole.

Mole

Permabanned
on the internet, anyone can be a star
The stars of the zodiac were thought to be supernatural, and the stars of today, our celebrities, have the aura of the supernatural.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is flattering but stars are made mainly of hydrogen.

Water is composed of 2 hydrogen molecules and 1 carbon atom. Think about that Mole.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The stars of the zodiac were thought to be supernatural, and the stars of today, our celebrities, have the aura of the supernatural.

Interestingly enough, many celebrities have the qualities of Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius. Which all oppose each other in some way.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Technically, the elements from Hydrogen to Iron are created in stars through high pression and nuclear fusion. After Iron, the remaining elements come from supernovas.
Stellar nucleosynthesis - Wikipedia
That's what the sentence "we come from stars" means.

anime_nature

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Funny enough, I half believe in horoscopes. From the constellations that somehow made an image of full animals to the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. (I swear, how in the effin' world did a line create a whole lion?)

Here's the thing why it isn't scary accurate: rather one, you're in this ad-filled website telling you everything that's just human or two, your natal chart shows more of a different sign then your sun sign. Which one you believe is up to you, not me.

Now excuse me as the devil's advocate go spin-jumping between if horoscopes are true or not.

If you believe in horoscopes: First off, most "psychics" tell their customers extremely vague things that's bond to strike someone. (Note: Don't trust any psychics who make you pay. Psychic abilities are used for the greater good, not selfish greed. Their abilities would be taken away in a split second.) Truth or lie, they don't know. But in order to attract people and convince them, they would pull things that you want to hear but also humanize it to make it seem realistic. Go to any astrology website, pretty sure all of the signs state that you're nice. Doesn't matter where you go, it will say you have a "good heart". Whether that's true or not, they don't care. While you got white lies, they've got their ad-money.

For those who don't believe in horoscopes: Your sun sign doesn't say much about you. In fact, it's only supposed to explain your ego. Now, you may be aware that there's also stuff like your moon sign, explaining your subconscious, and your rising sign, which explains how others view you. But ooooohhhhhh boy, is there a lot more. Your house in Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto plus your 1st-12th House, your Lilith and your Ascnode. I'm not going to bore you with all of what they do, but if you're curious, feel free to ask. Anyways, you get the idea. There is a lot more to your chart than your sun sign. And for your future? It kind of works, not 100%. The person needs to understand how you operate (which the only way to be accurate is to rather know you in person or get your full natal chart), which, unless they get regular future visions, which I'm sure that not all astrologers have, then they can only predict on what might happen.

But just so you all know, don't take this thing so seriously it becomes your religion. Or too seriously that you bash everyone who does believe it. Don't do it for any typology, even things like MBTI and Enneagram. There's a lot more to you than the stars and a category. And if there isn't and that they do tell us who we are, then tell Life that you could be whoever you want to be. :)

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
If astrology is correct then we are all just the toys in someone's game. That's a scary part of the story. :)

anime_nature

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If astrology is correct then we are all just the toys in someone's game. That's a scary part of the story. :)

Yes. We must team up and destroy the one abusing and mistreating us. Making reality some sort of entertainment when those who try hard are chasing an illusion of happiness and narcissists are granted free happiness. We have to wake up, and prove that we can live our own lives. We can only accomplish that if we stand up and prove we're more than entertainment. How, you may ask? Well, the first thing is to freakin' roll your eyes at this stupid joke I made. Like seriously, who believes in this mess? It's-*cough* myself *cough* Sorry, something stuck in my throat...

But yes, if astrology is correct, then that means that the universe wrote our lives just by sprinkling a bit of star dust on the first cell. Which begs the question: Do we have self-control?

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
IMO, the problem with astrology is that so many different, conflicting aspects could be influencing someone at any given time that you can always make a case for whatever it is that you want to say. For instance, suppose you break up with someone. Well, at any given time, between the planets, angles, nodes, and asteroids in your own progressed natal chart, the progressed synastry, current transits, and whatever else, you're going to find something that could explain it. And if you went through tough times but didn't break up, then you can point to a different bunch of more positive aspects and explain it with that. There's no way to prove anything because there are too many variables, and the so-called research I've seen on it hasn't been convincing. Besides, I've never seen any plausible explanation as to how these celestial bodies would influence human behavior in the first place. The only way I could see it working would be if an intelligent God designed their movements to symbolically represent what was happening on earth rather than to cause events to happen. But, again, it's just so impossible to prove. :shrug:

Mole

Permabanned
Technically, the elements from Hydrogen to Iron are created in stars through high pression and nuclear fusion. After Iron, the remaining elements come from supernovas. Stellar nucleosynthesis - Wikipedia That's what the sentence "we come from stars" means.

It's fanciful, Homo sapiens has been here for only 300,000 years. We come from replicating DNA.

Tonitrum

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would love to see Planets, Stars, Zodiac signs and Elements being assigned to MBTI personalities, I'm sure that would make MBTI more depth and colorfull rather than being too much the shade of greys how it it is now and alsways been.