• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Two Color Test

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta | Rum and Monkey
@Starry would like this for-fun quiz.

I got Black/Green.

I am both selfish and instinctive. I value growth and community, as long as they favour my own objectives; I enjoy nature, and I particularly enjoy watching parts of nature die. At best, I am resilient and tenacious; at worst, I'm uncontrollable and destructive.

20806.jpg

Edit: [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] will like this, too. Be sure and post your picture if you can! :)

Last edited:

Madboot

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am Blue/White

I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got Blue/Black.

Does anyone play Magic the Gathering? Which color combos are good and which combos are bad?

Tater

You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

Starry

You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

I got this MQ but I am going to take it again when I’m not on my phone and high on cold medicine.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I got this MQ but I am going to take it again when I’m not on my phone and high on cold medicine.

Wrong person. Lol. I hope you feel better!

Tater

I got Blue/Black.

Does anyone play Magic the Gathering? Which color combos are good and which combos are bad?

It's just a generalization, but Blue and Black are considered "ally" colors, meaning that they go well together conceptually, philosophically, and mechanically. Blue and Black compliment each other in strategies that involve heavy control over the game (counter-spells, creature removal, etc.).

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was taking Walmart’s NyQuil knock off but upgraded to not over the counter stuff with codeine this afternoon.

Ahh...Is that behind the counter in your state, too?

- - - Updated - - -

It's just a generalization, but Blue and Black are considered "ally" colors, meaning that they go well together conceptually, philosophically, and mechanically. Blue and Black compliment each other in strategies that involve heavy control over the game (counter-spells, creature removal, etc.).

Is Green/Black a weird combo?

Metis

They have little images for it.

20796.jpg

Your scores have been tallied up. You are:

I am Red/Green
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

:dry:

Red-Green
Red-Green is very unthinking, considering the fact that it has red's impulsiveness and green's preference for instinct over mind. Red-Green decks are typically highly aggressive and attempt to overwhelm their opponents with pure strength.

Common mechanics: Trample, Haste, Land Removal, Fight, +X/+X effects, Fast mana, direct damage, Aggressive creatures

Common creature types: Warriors, Shamans, Goblins

Ravnica Guild: Gruel Clans

Hmm.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
They have little images for it.

20796.jpg

Your scores have been tallied up. You are:

I am Red/Green
I'm both instinctive and emotional. I value my own instincts and desires, and either ignore or crush anything that stands in my way; planning and foresight are unnecessary. At best, I'm determined and fierce; at worst, I'm headstrong and infantile.

:dry:

Red-Green
Red-Green is very unthinking, considering the fact that it has red's impulsiveness and green's preference for instinct over mind. Red-Green decks are typically highly aggressive and attempt to overwhelm their opponents with pure strength.

Common mechanics: Trample, Haste, Land Removal, Fight, +X/+X effects, Fast mana, direct damage, Aggressive creatures

Common creature types: Warriors, Shamans, Goblins

Ravnica Guild: Gruel Clans

Hmm.

Pfff.

Tell that to my possibility storm/big monster troll deck. A lot of thought went into that and it used to annoy the esper players when the Return to Ravnica standard was in play.

Nothing controls decks like blue. However nothing controls people like taking away their control.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think I got blue/black on this way back.

Is Green/Black a weird combo?

It's considered enemy colors.

There are 5 enemy color combinations and 5 allied color combinations, the disticntions were considered important in the beginning of the game, but now people don't seem to pay much attention to it anymore and it doesn't seem the storyline does, though I don't pay much attnetion to the storylines so I'm not sure.

Thanks for the tag.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got Blue/Black.

It depends on the format.

Some colors are strong in some formats and not in others, because each format has a different card pool and the card pool has certain cards of a color that are strong.

In the early days of MagictG blue was considered the strongest due to its capacity to control, but now they try to print card that are more balanced all across the different colors.

Still, my personal theory is that Magic the Gathering is a game that naturally favors control decks by design, even though R/D tries to make it balanced for all strategies, good cards for aggro don't seem as impactful as good control cards.

Also, historically professional players have favoured control decks because the games are longer if you play control, meaning you get to play more magic, meaning their opponents have more of a chance to make misplays. Of course you have pros nowadays who play aggro, combo, and midrange too, but in the early days at least control was the deck of choice. In fact, the very fist control deck was simply called "the deck".

The Deck | MAGIC: THE GATHERING

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think I got blue/black on this way back.

It's considered enemy colors.

There are 5 enemy color combinations and 5 allied color combinations, the disticntions were considered important in the beginning of the game, but now people don't seem to pay much attention to it anymore and it doesn't seem the storyline does, though I don't pay much attnetion to the storylines so I'm not sure.

Thanks for the tag.
When I did the quiz a long time ago, I had gotten white/green. Of course, with age, I’ve gotten more cynical and selfish, so I can see black coming into the picture. That said, I’m surprised white is what changed and not green. I still use personal alliances and favors and contracts to manuver myself into the position I want...and I usually make my money in ordinary, legal ways...usually.

If you can tell, I did some reading on what the combinations meant! lol.

Do you still play? Maybe we could get an online game going?

Amberiat

Infinity
I am Blue/Black

I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
DZTmOWpW0AA5H1a.jpg

I am Blue/White
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I did the quiz a long time ago, I had gotten white/green. Of course, with age, I’ve gotten more cynical and selfish, so I can see black coming into the picture. That said, I’m surprised white is what changed and not green. I still use personal alliances and favors and contracts to manuver myself into the position I want...and I usually make my money in ordinary, legal ways...usually.

If you can tell, I did some reading on what the combinations meant! lol.

Do you still play? Maybe we could get an online game going?

Yeah, I play on occassion at my game store, but I don't play Magic Online (never have) lol.

Btw, I took it again and got Red/Blue lol.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am Blue/Green

I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.